Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 08-16-2013, 11:11 AM   #16
ralph_i_el
EG's replacement

ralph_i_el is a pretty well-respected posterralph_i_el is a pretty well-respected posterralph_i_el is a pretty well-respected posterralph_i_el is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: ISH's FIVE QUESTIONS: Charlotte Bobcats Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanYouDigIt
WHO

THE FUKC

GIVES

SHYT

ABOUT

THE

BOBCATS!!!!!

Who gives a shit about you?

3. Zeller will be a bust....

False. He runs the floor and can shoot. As long as he can passably rebound and not be a siv on D he'll be at minimum a solid rotation guy. Teams will pay big money for a mobile big who knows where to be and makes the right pass.

Honestly, I think he could carve out a role like what Nene does on the wizards. Athletic big who you don't cringe every time he handles the ball, with a shot out to 15 ft. Nene is much stronger, but zeller is young and from what I saw in the summer league he is already as confident as Nene as a shooter. You won't want to just let this kid stand ungaurded in the mid range. He's very quick for a 7 footer so I think that combination of spot up threat+face up quickness could work well on O. I see him being abused on D this season
ralph_i_el is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 11:15 AM   #17
boozehound
An uglier Lamar Doom

boozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by ralph_i_el
Who gives a shit about you?

3. Zeller will be a bust....

False. He runs the floor and can shoot. As long as he can passably rebound and not be a siv on D he'll be at minimum a solid rotation guy. Teams will pay big money for a mobile big who knows where to be and makes the right pass.

Honestly, I think he could carve out a role like what Nene does on the wizards. Athletic big who you don't cringe every time he handles the ball, with a shot out to 15 ft. Nene is much stronger, but zeller is young and from what I saw in the summer league he is already as confident as Nene as a shooter. You won't want to just let this kid stand ungaurded in the mid range. He's very quick for a 7 footer so I think that combination of spot up threat+face up quickness could work well on O. I see him being abused on D this season
kwame brown was a solid rotation guy for a decade. Sure, he was picked 1 vs 4.
boozehound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 11:20 AM   #18
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

Jailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

1. TRUE or FALSE: The Charlotte Bobcats are finally on the right track.

False. They are on the path to mediocrity at best. They still don't have a franchise guy.

2. TRUE or FALSE: Al Jefferson will step up this season and play like a legitimate franchise player.

False. He just isn't (and never was) a legitimate franchise player. He doesn't make a big enough impact defensively as a big to be a franchise guy.

3. TRUE or FALSE: In the tradition of Kwame Brown and Adam Morrison, Cody Zeller will be yet another MJ draft bust.

False. I think Zeller will be a solid starting PF which is good enough for the #4 pick in this draft. It might not look great if Noel or someone blows up but I still don't think Zeller will be a bust.

4. Biyombo, Henderson, Kidd-Gilchrist, Taylor, Walker, Zeller: Which of these players should be considered the most "Untouchable"?

Kemba. I'm still a believer that he can be a good starting PG on a winning team after what I've seen in the NBA and at UCONN. He is an unselfish guy who will really thrive if they can pair him with a star on the wing.

5. TRUE or FALSE: The Bobcats have a realistic chance of making the playoffs this season.

False. Too young and they don't have a top end talent on the roster.
Jailblazers7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 12:49 PM   #19
insidehoops
Administrator

insidehoops has disabled reputation

Bump
insidehoops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 12:56 PM   #20
CanYouDigIt
Banned

CanYouDigIt has one of the lowest reputations on this boardCanYouDigIt has one of the lowest reputations on this boardCanYouDigIt has one of the lowest reputations on this boardCanYouDigIt has one of the lowest reputations on this boardCanYouDigIt has one of the lowest reputations on this boardCanYouDigIt has one of the lowest reputations on this board

Jeff being forced to bump a sticky'd Bobcats Thread
CanYouDigIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 01:33 PM   #21
UtahJazzFan88
Jazz Fan

UtahJazzFan88 has an incredible reputation hereUtahJazzFan88 has an incredible reputation hereUtahJazzFan88 has an incredible reputation hereUtahJazzFan88 has an incredible reputation hereUtahJazzFan88 has an incredible reputation hereUtahJazzFan88 has an incredible reputation hereUtahJazzFan88 has an incredible reputation hereUtahJazzFan88 has an incredible reputation here

I don't think they are on the right track yet, they haven't found an All-Star in anyone they've drafted. However they are in much better shape than 2 years ago.

2. TRUE or FALSE: Al Jefferson will step up this season and play like a legitimate franchise player.

Jefferson will help them and win them more games, but his lack of D will not make him a franchise player.

3. TRUE or FALSE: In the tradition of Kwame Brown and Adam Morrison, Cody Zeller will be yet another MJ draft bust.

Zeller is going to be a good NBA player.

4. Biyombo, Henderson, Kidd-Gilchrist, Taylor, Walker, Zeller: Which of these players should be considered the most "Untouchable"?

Kemba Walker & Tyler Zeller

5. TRUE or FALSE: The Bobcats have a realistic chance of making the playoffs this season.
UtahJazzFan88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 03:07 PM   #22
Thorpesaurous
NBA lottery pick

Thorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by bagelred
It's August 1st!!! No draft, signings done, no Summer League. Two months of nothingness......so it's time to do some ANALYSIS!!! One team at a time!!!

A brand new series which is not similar to any other sports websites idea....called....... ISH's FIVE QUESTIONS.

So let's go through the league alphabetically, shall we?

Previous teams:

Atlanta Hawks: http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=309213
Boston Celtics: http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=309651
Brooklyn Nets: http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=310158

Today's team?

THE CHARLOTTE BOBCATS

PG - Walker/Sessions/Pargo
SG - Henderson/Gordon
SF - Kidd-Gilchrist/Taylor
PF - Zeller/McRoberts/Adrien
C - Jefferson/Biyombo/Haywood

Head Coach - Steve Clifford
General Manager - Rich Cho

You can elaborate on your answers.

Next up: Chicago Bulls. Have a Five Question suggestion for Bulls? Send me a PM with ideas.

Firstly, Kudos to you for coming up with five Bobcat questions.

1) The Right Track may be an overstatement, but at least they're getting better. The time has come for them to make an honest effort, and they at least seem like they'll do that this year. I think Jefferson will be enough of an anchor for them offensively to begin to look like a pro team by year's end.

2) Franchise Player, sort of like The Right Track, is sort of hard to define. I'm fairly certain their aren't as many Franchise Players in the league as their are franchises, so he could be just based on his being the best player on this team. His post game will not only be featured, but relied upon in a way that will make him look like a bigger asset than he really is. Honestly, I look at this signing a little like Nene's re-upping with Denver a few years ago. It's a decent value for a quality player, and on a team this bad, he can overproduce, and maybe they can movie him to another team for a pick or young asset that fits better.

3) I don't see Zeller as nearly the risk those other two guys were. Zeller has a lot of known qualities. He's a great runner. He'll be a good fit for an up tempo team as a four. He's got some face up game, but not enough to really space the floor. So his upside is limited. But he'll play in the league for sure. He isn't what I'da done at four, but he won't be a bust. Certainly not on the Adam Morrison level.

4) I wouldn't call anyone on this roster untouchable. I like some of what Walker does, and he's developed even a little better than I'd expected, but he's not a real PG. And he's probably best suited as a bench sparkplug on a real contender. Henderson is a good player, but guys like him are available every offseason. Biyombo hasn't produced enough to get much back for him, and the upside is still worth chasing.
I really like MKG coming into last year. I had seen him a few times in HS, and was pretty enamoured with him. And then at Kentucky I sort of bought into the fact that he was tough, and a heart and soul type of player, which is all pretty unquantifiable BS. And now that he's gone from an enormous physical advantage to not much of one, I'm not sure what his cieling is. He's got some playmaking tendencies and some ball handling skill. But the jumper is so broken no one will get close enough to him to go by. If he had a truer PG, his cutting and running the court would probably play better.
The guy I really like is Taylor. I really liked what I saw in the summer. He's bigger than most guys of his ilk. And he really is a plus shooter. And his game is more well rounded than most of the other guys cut from that cloth. Put it this way ... he's in my mind a better asset than Jimmy Butler, and everyone fell in love with him this year. But again, three shooting wings are available out there every year.

5) I just don't see them as a playoff team. Those last two spots are wide open in the east. And if a few things go wrong for a couple other teams, I can see them maybe still being alive with a few weeks to go. They're definitely a step ahead of the real dregs, like Orlando and Phili, and probably the Celtics too. But beyond that not much.
Thorpesaurous is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 03:28 PM   #23
Myth
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Myth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

False. They will improve in the W column, but they still will miss the playoffs and nothing indicates to me that they have built a team that is going to improve to the point of ever contending with these players as a core. In a couple years, they may be a low seed in the playoffs, but nothing beyond that.

False. Rarely do you see players on their 4th team be "franchise players," especially if they are not good defensive players. He will produce nice stats, but not suddenly become a player that becomes near untouchable as franchise players typically are.

False. Zeller will not be great, but he will be serviceable. He won't be out of the league as fast as Morrison and he doesn't have the expectations of a #1 pick like Kwame.

Kidd-Gilchrist. He won't be a mega-star by any means, but he will be a very good player and the type of player all teams would love to have.

False. I have no faith in the Bobcats. If they make it, the lower seeded East teams will be especially sad this year.
Myth is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 04:27 PM   #24
I<3NBA
College superstar

I<3NBA posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryI<3NBA posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanYouDigIt
Jeff being forced to bump a sticky'd Bobcats Thread
that's some level of pathetic shit. bobcats
I<3NBA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 04:43 AM   #25
Fresh Kid
Banned

Fresh Kid has one of the lowest reputations on this boardFresh Kid has one of the lowest reputations on this boardFresh Kid has one of the lowest reputations on this boardFresh Kid has one of the lowest reputations on this boardFresh Kid has one of the lowest reputations on this boardFresh Kid has one of the lowest reputations on this boardFresh Kid has one of the lowest reputations on this boardFresh Kid has one of the lowest reputations on this board

4. Biyombo, Henderson, Kidd-Gilchrist, Taylor, Walker, Zeller: Which of these players should be considered the most "Untouchable"? kidd-Gilchrist

Fresh Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 04:56 PM   #26
Rowe
Scoring Champ

Rowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

[b]1. TRUE or FALSE: The Charlotte Bobcats are finally on the right track.

True. They've gone with the safe pick in 3 consecutive drafts and their picks all have the same key characteristic: Heart. Kemba, MKG, & Zeller are a good foundation for the future to establish a culture there in Charlotte that currently doesn't exist. They have to keep losing to put themselves in position for a true Franchise player, but they are beginning to have the pieces to start winning immediately once they find that guy. The good thing in 2014 is they won't totally be a loser in the Lottery room if they don't get the #1 pick for Wiggins. I actually see them taking Marcus Smart because he fits that team and has a lead dog personality.

False. He put an option on that 3rd year for a reason and that's to get out of there and on a winner after he goes through 2 more quiet 18-10 seasons down in Charlotte. I actually don't even think he plays a 2nd season in Charlotte, maybe not even a full season. They signed him to show their small, apathetic fanbase they can get a good player to come down there but once the losing kicks in they'll find a team who will jump to take on that deal and give them a few assets to keep tanking.

False. I don't think Zeller is going to be a star but I can see him starting for a decade in this league as a reliable 4th option. The good thing is that they don't seem to expect too much out of him, its almost like they grabbed him at 24 rather than 4. He'll come in and fight for the starting job, win it, and I don't think he loses it in the near future.

Kemba. He's the only player who really stepped their game up to the point that you can say they're the guy who will win you a game, the few times you do win. They say PG's make a jump in their 3rd year so the evolution of his game next year is something to keep an eye on.

False. They're a bad team because they're so young and inexperienced with no culture whatsoever in place with 3 coaching changes in 3 years.
Rowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 10:48 PM   #27
mugiwara
High School Varsity 6th Man

mugiwara is a pretty well-respected postermugiwara is a pretty well-respected postermugiwara is a pretty well-respected poster

Lots of youth, attaining henderson was a good move. Jefferson next to byombo could work out nicely.

False, i feel he will help create some order however. Take some pressure off Kemba.

False.

No such thing in the NBA.

False.
mugiwara is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 04:05 PM   #28
Kurosawa0
NBA rookie of the year

Kurosawa0 has no real reputation yet.

False. They need an actual star for the first time in history of the franchise. Until then they're just playing around with which lottery position they'll be in.

False. Big Al will put up good numbers, but I doubt he'll have Charlotte even sniffing the playoffs.

True. Not a fan of the Zeller clan. He might make a decent role player some day, but you can almost bet that whether it's Nerlens Noel, Alex Len, Ben McLemore or even Dennis Schroeder, Charlotte will have missed on getting a better player that was still on the board.

Kidd-Gilchrist. Still too early to give up on him despite that it seems like he can't shoot... at all.

False. Way too much would have to go wrong for Washington, Cleveland, Detroit, Toronto etc. to make that happen.
Kurosawa0 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: