Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 07-24-2013, 11:42 PM   #16
sekachu
Great young streetballer

sekachu has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Where does Lebron rank based on skill currently?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dionysus
Are you questioning LeBron's skill?

What can Paul, Kobe, and Durant do that LeBron can't?

LeKing can score 35+ points like Kobe and Durant in the same ways if not greater ways. While at the sametime dishing out 12 assist like Paul, while at the sametime being the best defender on the floor.

Paul's gameplan would just be playmaking, Kobe's gameplan would be scoring. LeBron's gameplan is All the above.

Shoot off the dribble?
sekachu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 11:55 PM   #17
Bobby13
Kobe > LeJourneyman

Bobby13 has no real reputation yet.

I'd put him behind Kobe and Durant, but I don't think LeBron's game relies on skill. On offence, it's true that he doesn't have a go-to move, but I don't think he really needs one. When considering how he gets it done, his skillset may not appear to be as impressive as other players'. But with the advantage of his speed+strength combination, he gets it done without having to use flashy moves like rip-throughs/crossovers. I do think he will have to implement good post moves into his repertoire once his athleticism wanes, but as of right now I don't think it's fair to compare guys like Wade and Durant, whose games feature an arsenal of skill-based moves, to guys like LBJ who have a different but still effective game.
Bobby13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 12:00 AM   #18
Young X
College star

Young X is considered somewhat coolYoung X is considered somewhat coolYoung X is considered somewhat cool

Just think if Nash, CP3, and Lebron were 6 feet with their current skills, who would be the best? Nash and Paul easily, those guys RELY on skills to be effective. Lebron relies on size and athleticism.

If you wanted to teach kids how to play basketball you show them footage of CP3, Nash, Kobe, Williams before Lebron - their games are based on skills you can develop (shooting, dribble moves, passing, post moves, ball fakes, etc.). Nobody can do what Lebron does.
Young X is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 02:52 AM   #19
MavsSuperFan
NBA rookie of the year

MavsSuperFan has a terrific reputationMavsSuperFan has a terrific reputationMavsSuperFan has a terrific reputationMavsSuperFan has a terrific reputationMavsSuperFan has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by KyrieTheFuture
He has quite a bit of skill at everything but jumpers and post moves...too bad that's all anyone thinks of when it comes to skills

most other stuff is more dependant on athleticism and size tbh.
MavsSuperFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 04:04 AM   #20
Swaggin916
Enter the Dragic

Swaggin916 has a terrific reputationSwaggin916 has a terrific reputationSwaggin916 has a terrific reputationSwaggin916 has a terrific reputationSwaggin916 has a terrific reputation

How does Durant have more skill? I just want to hear that argument.
Swaggin916 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: