Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 07-24-2013, 08:36 PM   #16
thabisyo
Local High School Star

thabisyo is starting to rub some people the wrong waythabisyo is starting to rub some people the wrong way
Default Re: Rank the Top 5 seeds in the Eastern Conference for the 2014 playoffs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haks
Meh
1.Chicago Bulls
2.Indiana Pacers

3.Miami Heat
4.Brooklyn Nets/New York Knicks
5.Nets/Knicks

Chicago first because I believe they are made for the regular season coach and player wise
Pacers I think are going to have a big yr with a healthy granger
Heat 3rd because I doubt they will bother with the regular season anymore
Not on the Nets hype. No way they finish 1st seed with Dwill as your best player or Brook Lopez. CBA with the knicks

No way Miami goes that low down and not have home court even in the Round 2 as long as lebron has anything to say about it. I would be suprised. I think they will go for number 2
thabisyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 08:40 PM   #17
The JKidd Kid
Local High School Star

The JKidd Kid has not been impressing people
Default Re: Rank the Top 5 seeds in the Eastern Conference for the 2014 playoffs

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmy77x
The'll be 10x better when they actually prove it on the court and not lose to a nate robinson led bulls C team in the 1st round,for now they are just overrated paper champs.

Salty ass Knicks fan refusing to admit that the Nets fixed all their problems from last years 50 win team.
The JKidd Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 08:47 PM   #18
Dr. Cheesesteak
Local High School Star

Dr. Cheesesteak has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurosawa0
Might as well do all eight:

1. Chicago Bulls
2. Miami Heat
3. Brooklyn Nets
4. Indiana Pacers
5. New York Knicks
6. Washington Wizards
7. Atlanta Hawks
8. Cleveland Cavaliers
seriously why only 5?

Anyway:

1. Miami
2. Chicago
3. New York
4. Indiana
5. Brooklyn
6. Cleveland
7. Detroit
8. Washington

All pending til the week before season tip off. Then I make my for real picks...
Dr. Cheesesteak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 09:07 PM   #19
Sheik1287
The lob, the jam!!!

Sheik1287 has not been impressing people

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Cheesesteak
seriously why only 5?

Anyway:

1. Miami
2. Chicago
3. New York
4. Indiana
5. Brooklyn
6. Cleveland
7. Detroit
8. Washington

All pending til the week before season tip off. Then I make my for real picks...

I picked top 5 because I only see 5 contenders in the eastern conference. No offense, but I don't see Cleveland, Washington, or Detroit a threat.

I don't mind seeing everyone's eastern conference playoff teams though.

Last edited by Sheik1287 : 07-24-2013 at 09:10 PM.
Sheik1287 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 09:49 PM   #20
Haks
Great young streetballer

Haks has not been impressing people

Quote:
Originally Posted by thabisyo
No way Miami goes that low down and not have home court even in the Round 2 as long as lebron has anything to say about it. I would be suprised. I think they will go for number 2
I mean if Miami is up for it they can easily get the number 1 seed but I just dont think they will bother this regular season.
Haks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 10:09 PM   #21
imdaman99
Knicks all da way

imdaman99 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterimdaman99 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterimdaman99 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterimdaman99 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterimdaman99 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterimdaman99 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterimdaman99 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterimdaman99 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Cheesesteak
seriously why only 5?

Anyway:

1. Miami
2. Chicago
3. New York
4. Indiana
5. Brooklyn
6. Cleveland
7. Detroit
8. Washington

This looks good
imdaman99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 10:21 PM   #22
thabisyo
Local High School Star

thabisyo is starting to rub some people the wrong waythabisyo is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haks
I mean if Miami is up for it they can easily get the number 1 seed but I just dont think they will bother this regular season.

I dont think they will go for 1st seed but they wont to 3. That would be stupid on their part
thabisyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 10:33 PM   #23
KingTut
Can barely lace up my sneakers

KingTut has an OK reputation so far

1. Chicago Bulls
2. Miami Heat
3. Indiana Pacers
4. Brooklyn Nets
5. Washington Wizards
KingTut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 10:37 PM   #24
Dr. Cheesesteak
Local High School Star

Dr. Cheesesteak has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by imdaman99
This looks good
Dr. Cheesesteak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 10:40 PM   #25
SilkkTheShocker
RAY ALLEN FOR 3..BANG!

SilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by It's A VC3!!!
they were 4th last year and got 10x better in starting lineup and bench. what should they be, 6th?
They also lost to Nate Robinson's Bulls last year
SilkkTheShocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 10:54 PM   #26
Sheik1287
The lob, the jam!!!

Sheik1287 has not been impressing people

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingTut
1. Chicago Bulls
2. Miami Heat
3. Indiana Pacers
4. Brooklyn Nets
5. Washington Wizards

Why do think the Wizards will have a better record than the Knicks?
Sheik1287 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 11:31 PM   #27
JBrizzy
Decent playground baller

JBrizzy is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Miami
Chicago
Indiana
New York
Brooklyn
Detroit
Cleveland
Atlanta
JBrizzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 12:14 PM   #28
ChuckOakley
NBA lottery pick

ChuckOakley is popular on this boardChuckOakley is popular on this boardChuckOakley is popular on this boardChuckOakley is popular on this boardChuckOakley is popular on this board

1. Miami Heat
The Champs with one of the best players of all time in his prime. How can they not be #1?

2. Brooklyn Nets
Won 49 games last year (same as Indy who they swept) despite:
1. 2 Inept coaches (1 with the 3rd worst record of all time)
2. 9 new players and no experience playing together
3. Deron playing well only half the season
4. The worst starting F tandem in the NBA with Wallace and Evans

They keep 4 of their 5 starters from last year, their 6th man (Blatche) and add to it HOF's KG + PP, JT (all 3 bring heart, chemistry and experience), AK, Livingston and Plumlee

3. Indiana Pacers
Watson, Copeland and Granger coming back will be nice for them, but does this mean George goes back to SG after blossoming at SF? Or does Granger come off the bench? Losing Shaw might hurt as well. But, they didn't lose any quality players.. Augustin, Hansbrough, Pendergraph.

4. NY Knicks
They will be motivated by the Nets and will not want to be overshadowed. I'm not sure they got better, but I don't think they got worse. If either Bargnani or Amare are healthy and play up to their potential, they are a very dangerous team.

5. Chicago Bulls
Thibs will either continue to wear out his players and thus they will be spent by the 2nd half of the season, or he actually saves them for the playoffs and their record may take a hit. Their bench continues to decline from the days of Watson, Brewer, Korver, Asik etc. to losing Nate, Marco B. to adding Dunleavy Jr as their major off-season acquisition.

Yes, Rose is coming back, but he's been out for a year coming off a major injury and plays a game based upon athleticism. I also expect Boozer, Deng and perhaps even Noah to start their decline from the heavy minutes and injuries that have been adding up over the years.
ChuckOakley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 12:40 PM   #29
ChuckOakley
NBA lottery pick

ChuckOakley is popular on this boardChuckOakley is popular on this boardChuckOakley is popular on this boardChuckOakley is popular on this boardChuckOakley is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilkkTheShocker
They also lost to Nate Robinson's Bulls last year
Boozer and Noah didn't play?

Chicago was the favorite going in and why I predicted they would win in 6 or 7.

-Chicago won the season series 3-1 (9-3 vs. Miami, NY and BK last season)
-Boozer dominated Evans every game he played BK.
-Noah is the best defensive center in the East along with Hibbert.
-Thibs the best coach in the East with the best system, thus it doesn't matter who plays (kind of why Rose could miss half a season 2 years ago and they still have the best record)
-Chicago had years of playoff experience together, BK none
-Wallace and Evans were the worst forward tandem in the NBA
-PJC probably the worst coach in the NBA (3rd worst record of all time)

Chicago was the worst match-up other than Miami for the Nets.
Fortunately they've address most of those weaknesses.
ChuckOakley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 12:47 PM   #30
All Net
Twitter-@AllNetSports

All Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Heat
Bulls
Pacers
Nets
Knicks
All Net is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: