Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 07-24-2013, 04:23 PM   #16
riseagainst
Lebron fan

riseagainst is considered somewhat coolriseagainst is considered somewhat coolriseagainst is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: smartest basketball player(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marchesk
It was a weak era for geniuses. Everyone knows that high school students are smarter than Newton these days. Hell, they'd make Einstein look stupid.

tell me when high school students consistently discover something as ground shaking as gravity. Or discover and quantify something as universally shaking as relativity.

it's the discovery that made them geniuses, not reading from a textbook and regurgitating whatever law they wrote.
riseagainst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 04:28 PM   #17
SpurrDurr
Local High School Star

SpurrDurr has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubio2Gasol
Lin had a 4.3 at Harvard right?

Yeh, inches
SpurrDurr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 04:30 PM   #18
Marchesk
El Sid Stan

Marchesk has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by riseagainst
tell me when high school students consistently discover something as ground shaking as gravity. Or discover and quantify something as universally shaking as relativity.

That's basic elementary stuff these days. Tell me you haven't heard how the American education system isn't just destroying the competition? Wilt lived in a seriously weak era. Most of his classmates grew up to be janitors, or worse yet, NBA players.

Soon, our students will be able to print out the perfect basketball player. Tell me Einstein could 3D print a mix of Lebron and Kobe. He couldn't.

HS students today >>>>>>>>>>>>> Einstein
Marchesk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 04:32 PM   #19
magic chiongson
I post-up midgets

magic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

the big aristotle!
magic chiongson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 04:32 PM   #20
riseagainst
Lebron fan

riseagainst is considered somewhat coolriseagainst is considered somewhat coolriseagainst is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
That's basic elementary stuff these days. Tell me you haven't heard how the American education system isn't just destroying the competition? Wilt lived in a seriously weak era. Most of his classmates grew up to be janitors, or worse yet, NBA players.

Soon, our students will be able to print out the perfect basketball player. Tell me Einstein could 3D print a mix of Lebron and Kobe. He couldn't.

HS students today >>>>>>>>>>>>> Einstein

Einstein could if he's still alive, all he has to do is press a button labelled "print".
not really that hard.
Old 07-24-2013, 04:35 PM   #21
Marchesk
El Sid Stan

Quote:
Einstein could if he's still alive, all he has to do is press a button labelled "print".
not really that hard.

But brah, Einstein needs the right mix of Kobe & Lebron DNA, or he's going to get a beta chucker.
Old 07-24-2013, 04:50 PM   #22
Marchesk
El Sid Stan

Quote:

it's the discovery that made them geniuses, not reading from a textbook and regurgitating whatever law they wrote.

But seriously, I was mocking a comment on here many moons ago where someone was using the weak era crap against Wilt and then it moved on to how high school students are smarter than Newton nowadays. Seriously. So yeah, I had the same reaction as you.

And maybe it was some other forum. I can't recall. 70% of the google searches on Wilt turn up discussions with jlauber and his foes in them.
Old 07-24-2013, 04:52 PM   #23
riseagainst
Lebron fan

Quote:
But seriously, I was mocking a comment on here many moons ago where someone was using the weak era crap against Wilt and then it moved on to how high school students are smarter than Newton nowadays. Seriously. So yeah, I had the same reaction as you.

And maybe it was some other forum. I can't recall. 70% of the google searches on Wilt turn up discussions with jlauber and his foes in them.

I remember that. I think it was NumberSix who said that high school students today are smarter than Einstein and Newton.
Old 07-24-2013, 05:24 PM   #24
no pun intended
Mozart Basketball

no pun intended has an incredible reputation hereno pun intended has an incredible reputation hereno pun intended has an incredible reputation hereno pun intended has an incredible reputation hereno pun intended has an incredible reputation hereno pun intended has an incredible reputation hereno pun intended has an incredible reputation here

Just stumbled upon this.

http://www.sportingnews.com/mlb/feed...etes-in-sports

According to SN, Shane Battier ranks 7th in most intelligent athletes, Grant Hill ranks 10th, Pau Gasol ranks 15th, and Matt Bonner ranks 19th. Some of their backstories are quite intriguing, along with the other athletes.
no pun intended is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 05:46 PM   #25
#number6ix#
IN RILEY WE TRUST!!!!!

#number6ix# is considered somewhat cool#number6ix# is considered somewhat cool#number6ix# is considered somewhat cool

Gilbert Arenas he's gonna make $20 million just by sitting on his ass and playing with illegal fireworks, dudes a fucking genius
#number6ix# is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 05:56 PM   #26
StocktonFan
Banned

StocktonFan has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenMaster
Shane Battier, Steve Nash, Jason Kidd, Kevin Garnett.

Pau Gasol
StocktonFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 05:56 PM   #27
StocktonFan
Banned

StocktonFan has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubio2Gasol
Lin had a 4.3 at Harvard right?

How is this possible?
StocktonFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 06:10 PM   #28
Xiao Yao You
NBA All-star

Xiao Yao You is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Quote:
Originally Posted by StocktonFan
How is this possible?

Different grading system. 5.0 or something?
Xiao Yao You is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 06:20 PM   #29
oamjad13
I brick open layups

oamjad13 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graviton
Russell Westbrook.

He was actually recruited by UCLA due to his academics. Perfect GPA and high scores.

It was Stanford actually. Makes it all the more impressive.
oamjad13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 06:34 PM   #30
inclinerator
Future NBA G.O.A.T

inclinerator is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterinclinerator is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterinclinerator is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterinclinerator is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterinclinerator is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterinclinerator is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterinclinerator is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterinclinerator is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterinclinerator is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterinclinerator is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterinclinerator is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

javale mcgee, john wall, blatch
inclinerator is online now   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: