Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 07-22-2013, 02:27 PM   #16
The Choken One
<3 LeBron <3 Heat <3

Default Re: I shouldn't make this thread, but... (apologies to real Lakers fans)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilkkTheShocker
They could easily replace Bosh that postseason with someone like David West and still win the championship. Bosh played absolutely terrible the last two rounds.
He did play pretty bad, didn't he? Poor Bosh.

Anyways, West would be even more poorly used than Bosh. Not a chance in hell the Heat would win this year's playoffs if they had West. Not to mention would Bosh be on the Pacers? Goodnight Heat in 5.

EDIT: Good god Duma, you'd think after 30k posts you actually have a brain.
The Choken One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 02:28 PM   #17
WayOfWade
Returning AUG 2015

Default Re: I shouldn't make this thread, but... (apologies to real Lakers fans)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psycho
What you should be ashamed of is your unagreeable stiffness. Cut loose a little bit. Pop a coke. Sing in the shower. Kill a whore. Just live your life a little.
Wait, what was I unagreeable on? I acknowledged that Wade didn't play very good these last playoffs.
WayOfWade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 02:31 PM   #18
Twiens
lakers/raptors

Kobe makes teammates better, Lebron doesn't

/endthread
Twiens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 02:31 PM   #19
Doranku
NBA sixth man of the year

Who cares? Don't need your supporting cast to post huge numbers when you have first and second round byes.
Doranku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 02:38 PM   #20
tazb
HoFx3+1

Pau was putting up damn near 20 ppg, what a ****ing beast.
tazb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 02:38 PM   #21
LakersDaBEst
#VinoMamba

That's why in 2009 we finished the Magics in 5 Games.

Why not post 2010 Final stats?

Pau Gasol 47 % 18.6
Metta World Peace 36% 10.6

Troll = 0.

Here's a better overall stats..

http://www.nba.com/lakers/stats/2009...als_stats.html
LakersDaBEst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 02:46 PM   #22
longtime lurker
NBA sixth man of the year

Stats don't tell the whole story. Why not post round by round basis and also the level of competition the teams faced?
longtime lurker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 02:55 PM   #23
BoutPractice
Both teams played hard

Maybe stats don't tell the whole story... But what other story is there to tell?

Competition? The East is weaker than the West, so it doesn't help the case for DWade being a dominant second option. Round by round basis? Pau's performances in the Finals was excellent.

The fact is, no matter how you spin it, Gasol was more valuable to the Lakers in their 2009 title run than injured DWade to the Heat in their 2013 title run.
BoutPractice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 03:09 PM   #24
Marchesk
El Sid Stan

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoutPractice
Maybe stats don't tell the whole story... But what other story is there to tell?

Uh, the NBA isn't a text-based simulation that spits out stats based on some numerical attributes for players.

The story is the actual games themselves.
Marchesk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 03:11 PM   #25
TonyMontana
Local High School Star

Your right, stat's don't tell the whole story.

I'd put Boshs level of play on par with Odoms, he was only more important because Miami absolutely has no bigs.

Wade was ****ing terrible. For the entire playoffs he wasn't even one of the 5 most important Heat players. Can't shoot, can't get to the free throw line, no handle. He was just an athletic guy running around out there with no skills at all.

To compare Gasol who was a top 3 bigman in the NBA(maybe even the best since he got the better of Dwight AND KG in those Finals.) to Wade who was a LIABILITY for most of the games is a ****ing joke.

Birdman was Miamis top player other than LeBron.
TonyMontana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 03:14 PM   #26
Jameerthefear
JameerxManaka

Why can't people just say the both had help? Lebron not only had Bosh and Wade, but Ray, Mike MIller, and Battier who hit big shots in big moments. Kobe had his big frontcourt to scoop up boards and get easy points. They both had help. Why can't we just say that without turning everything into a fvcking pissing contest?
Jameerthefear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 03:18 PM   #27
Young X
Decent college freshman

Lebron plays in the east tho. Wade and Bosh were terrible, but you don't need your 2nd and 3rd options to play well to advance far in the east.
Young X is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 03:21 PM   #28
BoutPractice
Both teams played hard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marchesk
Uh, the NBA isn't a text-based simulation that spits out stats based on some numerical attributes for players.

The story is the actual games themselves.

That's not what I meant. I'm not a stat geek myself, I agree with you 100% that you need to watch the game (and watch as closely as possible, noticing all the little details) to form an opinion.

What I meant was that even and especially using the eye test, there was no possible way to argue that Wade was better in the 2013 playoffs than Gasol in the 2009 playoffs.
BoutPractice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 03:39 PM   #29
riseagainst
Decent college freshman

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyMontana
Your right, stat's don't tell the whole story.

I'd put Boshs level of play on par with Odoms, he was only more important because Miami absolutely has no bigs.

Wade was ****ing terrible. For the entire playoffs he wasn't even one of the 5 most important Heat players. Can't shoot, can't get to the free throw line, no handle. He was just an athletic guy running around out there with no skills at all.

To compare Gasol who was a top 3 bigman in the NBA(maybe even the best since he got the better of Dwight AND KG in those Finals.) to Wade who was a LIABILITY for most of the games is a ****ing joke.

Birdman was Miamis top player other than LeBron.

Birdman was more valuable to the Heat than Lebron:
WS48: .309, ORTG: 150
Lebron's WS48: .260, ORTG: 118

Birdman the real MVP of the Heat based on STATISTICS.
riseagainst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 03:41 PM   #30
Rubio2Gasol
Decent college freshman

The entire point is that they're prevented from being statistically prevalent by Lebron. There's a logical reason Odom should average 12 points a game, he's simply very very inconsistent and comes off the bench, but there is little reason for Bosh to average around the same.

Wade, I don't know, he's just a poor fit and has regressed somewhat. While he is hindered by Lebron, it's difficult to absolve him of blame.I don't think he's better than Pau.

The Heat probably also has better offensive role players and defensive team mentality. Though for the latter, the Lakers did turn it up when necessary.
Rubio2Gasol is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: