Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 07-21-2013, 04:15 PM   #16
SilkkTheShocker
RAY ALLEN FOR 3..BANG!

SilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this board
Default Re: Predict Lebron's numbers if he got in a time travel machine..

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAZERUSS
Yeah...take a look at the footage of a white college Pistol Pete in the 60's. The man was pitiful. Of course, to his credit, no one in the NBA in the 70's ever compared him with Oscar or West, either.

Pistol Pete literally never won a damn thing. Did his college team even qualify for the NCAA tournament? One of the most overrated players in NBA history. His teams always lost and his teammates hated playing with him.
SilkkTheShocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 04:16 PM   #17
SilkkTheShocker
RAY ALLEN FOR 3..BANG!

SilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by imdaman99
predict lebrons numbers if we cloned boris diaw many times and put him on every team in the 60s.

go!

Always funny to see Knicks fans hate on LeBron. They will never forget 2010 and LeBron burning them.
Old 07-21-2013, 04:16 PM   #18
Marchesk
El Sid Stan

Marchesk has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilkkTheShocker
Players in the 50s/60s were too unathletic to actually be called for traveling

I have to admit, you're kind of funny sometimes.
Marchesk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 04:19 PM   #19
imdaman99
Knicks all da way

imdaman99 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterimdaman99 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterimdaman99 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterimdaman99 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterimdaman99 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterimdaman99 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterimdaman99 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterimdaman99 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterimdaman99 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Always funny to see Knicks fans hate on LeBron. They will never forget 2010 and LeBron burning them.
i didnt like him pre-decision. i would have been very happy to get him on the knicks, but that is not why i do not like him. i dont like him because he is a phoney and in crunch time he wilts. got no defense against the boris diaw argument? well played stop de-railing threads and talk about the topic before you have to PM cavsftw on youtube about why you don't know how you got banned
imdaman99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 04:20 PM   #20
Johnny Jones
Russel Wilson = GOAT

Johnny Jones has decent reputationJohnny Jones has decent reputation

Quote:
Pistol Pete literally never won a damn thing. Did his college team even qualify for the NCAA tournament? One of the most overrated players in NBA history. His teams always lost and his teammates hated playing with him.

He was on crappy teams. Never had a good supporting cast until late in his career. But by then injuries had taken their toll on him.
Johnny Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 04:30 PM   #21
sdot_thadon
I hit open 5-footers

sdot_thadon has an OK reputation so far

I honestly think he'd be good for at least 40 plus points per game. Less assists in the beginning then getting up to 10+ once his teammates get used to his game. 10 rebounds would be child's play for him in that era. And he'd likely shoot around his same percentage from the field. Probably be in play for a quintuple double in some games. He'd get in the paint with ease, but get absolutely hammered once he got there by the Russells and wilts of the world. Would be bigger and stronger than everyone but one player on almost every team, probably fastest in the league too. The place where he'd really shine though would be defense and transition plays. He'd be allowed to play more physical himself and would be a nightmare for the typical 60s player. Last but not least the pace is far more up and down. Lebron's greatest strength may be his transition game and your sticking him in a world where transition is doubled compared to today.
sdot_thadon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 04:50 PM   #22
SilkkTheShocker
RAY ALLEN FOR 3..BANG!

Quote:
Originally Posted by imdaman99
i didnt like him pre-decision. i would have been very happy to get him on the knicks, but that is not why i do not like him. i dont like him because he is a phoney and in crunch time he wilts. got no defense against the boris diaw argument? well played stop de-railing threads and talk about the topic before you have to PM cavsftw on youtube about why you don't know how you got banned

I take it you erased Game 7 of the Finals out of your memory for good, right?
Old 07-21-2013, 05:06 PM   #23
sundizz
Local High School Star

sundizz has decent reputationsundizz has decent reputation

If Lebron went back in a time machine to the 60's:

He could play barefoot, with only his left hand and average at least 35 ppg, and 25 rpg. Lol, imagining him rebounding in that era is just lol. He doesn't even need to dribble do moves etc (so that rule nonsense would affect him for about 2 games). He could literally just run full speed from end to end. Stop. Get the ball thrown to him as an alley oop and convert it damn near 100% of the time. Even if he missed no one is getting a rebound over him. Lol. Wow. The only thing stopping him is that he isn't a ballhog (like Wilt) even though he should be and should shoot everytime he wouldn't. He'd pass (like in high school).

He'd average 39 ppg, 28 rpg, 18 apg.
sundizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 05:25 PM   #24
Marchesk
El Sid Stan

Quote:
Originally Posted by sundizz
Even if he missed no one is getting a rebound over him. Lol. Wow. .

Lebron isn't an elite rebounder. No doubt his rebounding numbers would go up back then, given more missed shots to rebound and his physical superiority over many of the players in that era.

But he's not going to outbound the likes of Wilt, Russell or Thurmond, sorry. We're not talking putting Dennis Rodman in a time machine.

I'll agree that he would beat most players down the court. I wonder though if he would tire out sooner at that pace. And I wonder if he was destroying the competition that badly, would the Celtics have Russell defend him? It's not like Russell would have to worry about Lebron taking a three pointer. I know, Russell was a center, but he was athletic and fast.
Old 07-21-2013, 05:31 PM   #25
Marchesk
El Sid Stan

Also, I think Gus Johnson might do a decent job on Lebron back then. He was 6'6, 230, very strong and the dunker of that era. Not Lebron size, but of all the non-bigs (I'm aware of), he would have the best chance.

Maybe Cavaliersftw knows of some other athletic forwards from that era who played good defense.
Old 07-21-2013, 05:36 PM   #26
LongLiveTheKing
Go HEATLES!

LongLiveTheKing has decent reputationLongLiveTheKing has decent reputation

Lebron would've been better than Wilt and Russel for sure.
LongLiveTheKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 05:47 PM   #27
abuC
Cuba

abuC is a pretty well-respected posterabuC is a pretty well-respected posterabuC is a pretty well-respected poster

Play him at power forward and with the pace they played at

45ppg, 20rpg, 15apg
abuC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 06:29 PM   #28
thabisyo
Local High School Star

thabisyo is starting to rub some people the wrong waythabisyo is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Quote:

Spits the cold truth
thabisyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 06:50 PM   #29
imdaman99
Knicks all da way

imdaman99 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterimdaman99 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterimdaman99 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterimdaman99 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterimdaman99 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterimdaman99 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterimdaman99 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterimdaman99 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterimdaman99 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
I take it you erased Game 7 of the Finals out of your memory for good, right?
no i didnt. he was legendary in game 7. but the fact that it took him 6 games to finally man up and take the shots the spurs were giving him is pathetic. this guy is easily the best player in the game, but he shies away from what the defense is enabling him to do? and from what i saw, boris was not on him at all in game 7. pop, what were you thinking?
imdaman99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 06:53 PM   #30
PHILA
Decent college freshman

PHILA has an incredible reputation herePHILA has an incredible reputation herePHILA has an incredible reputation herePHILA has an incredible reputation herePHILA has an incredible reputation herePHILA has an incredible reputation herePHILA has an incredible reputation herePHILA has an incredible reputation here

Quote:

What does this even mean? They were handicapped people who couldn't even walk on two feet? Do you know what a travel is?
PHILA is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: