Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 07-18-2013, 03:19 PM   #1
crisoner
10 plus years on ISH

crisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Laker fans let's be real....Houston will be a fun team to watch.

I hate Howard...hope he fails.

But I love b-ball. Love watching great teams come together. Even though I hated the Heat loved watching them play. It's just good b-ball.

And when I look at Houston and the talent they have if all works out well and Dwight is healthy and not a mental case....this team will be fun too watch.

Now I will be rooting against them of course when they play our team.

But let's be real this Houston team could be a great one.
crisoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 03:21 PM   #2
Bandito
NBA Role Player

Bandito is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBandito is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBandito is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBandito is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBandito is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBandito is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBandito is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBandito is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBandito is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBandito is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBandito is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Laker fans let's be real....Houston will be a fun team to watch.

Depends if DHo will continued to disrupt the chemistry in his new team or not. He had done so since the Magic days, but if he plays through the offense and stop trying to ballhog he should be fine.
Bandito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 03:21 PM   #3
Doranku
NBA sixth man of the year

Doranku has an incredible reputation hereDoranku has an incredible reputation hereDoranku has an incredible reputation hereDoranku has an incredible reputation hereDoranku has an incredible reputation hereDoranku has an incredible reputation hereDoranku has an incredible reputation here

Yes, I can't wait to watch Howard continue to turn the ball over 5 times a game in the post and for Harden to repeatedly hurl himself into defenders to draw fouls.

Very fun to watch indeed.
Doranku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 03:27 PM   #4
chocolatethunder
National High School Star

chocolatethunder is a pretty well-respected posterchocolatethunder is a pretty well-respected posterchocolatethunder is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by crisoner
I hate Howard...hope he fails.

But I love b-ball. Love watching great teams come together. Even though I hated the Heat loved watching them play. It's just good b-ball.

And when I look at Houston and the talent they have if all works out well and Dwight is healthy and not a mental case....this team will be fun too watch.

Now I will be rooting against them of course when they play our team.

But let's be real this Houston team could be a great one.
Honestly, until the get a better PG they won't be that fun to watch. I'm not a Lin basher, I'm a realist and he's not a starting PG in this league. He's poor with the ball, is an average passer and not a great shooter. You can sag off of him because he's not a great shooter and he's turnover prone and not likely to take quick guys off the dribble. He's a bench player which shouldn't be taken as an insult. Parsons and Harden and Howard could be a nice combo but Lin is not the guy you need running that team.
chocolatethunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 03:27 PM   #5
crisoner
10 plus years on ISH

crisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doranku
Yes, I can't wait to watch Howard continue to turn the ball over 5 times a game in the post and for Harden to repeatedly hurl himself into defenders to draw fouls.

Very fun to watch indeed.

That's why I said they need to play togther right.

Let Harden be the main option on offense and Howard on defense.
If Howard demands to be feed the ball they will be in trouble.
Old 07-18-2013, 03:28 PM   #6
crisoner
10 plus years on ISH

Quote:
Originally Posted by chocolatethunder
Honestly, until the get a better PG they won't be that fun to watch. I'm not a Lin basher, I'm a realist and he's not a starting PG in this league. He's poor with the ball, is an average passer and not a great shooter. You can sag off of him because he's not a great shooter and he's turnover prone and not likely to take quick guys off the dribble. He's a bench player which shouldn't be taken as an insult. Parsons and Harden and Howard could be a nice combo but Lin is not the guy you need running that team.

But Harden can play that roll. Agreed?
Old 07-18-2013, 03:34 PM   #7
chocolatethunder
National High School Star

chocolatethunder is a pretty well-respected posterchocolatethunder is a pretty well-respected posterchocolatethunder is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by crisoner
But Harden can play that roll. Agreed?
I'm sorry but I don't agree. Harden's role is to score. He's gets those ball dominating assists like Iverson not the proper PG assists like a PG. They just need someone who can take care of the ball and distribute. They need to dump Asik for a PG. They have Donatas M off the bench they just really need a PG. it blows my mind that as smart as McHale and Morey are that they are willing to have Lin as their starter. He is not a starting PG in the league and certainly not the type of PG that this team needs to be successful.
chocolatethunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 03:38 PM   #8
Magic 32
NBA lottery pick

Magic 32 has a very bad reputationMagic 32 has a very bad reputationMagic 32 has a very bad reputationMagic 32 has a very bad reputation

Magic 32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 03:41 PM   #9
spiegel
Local High School Star

spiegel has not been impressing people

Quote:
Originally Posted by chocolatethunder
I'm sorry but I don't agree. Harden's role is to score. He's gets those ball dominating assists like Iverson not the proper PG assists like a PG. They just need someone who can take care of the ball and distribute. They need to dump Asik for a PG. They have Donatas M off the bench they just really need a PG. it blows my mind that as smart as McHale and Morey are that they are willing to have Lin as their starter. He is not a starting PG in the league and certainly not the type of PG that this team needs to be successful.

Lin needs the ball to be effective as he isn't a good shooter or off the ball player considering Harden is the man that will do the bulk of the playmaking duties. What we need is a good shooter at the PG position who dosent need the rock to much to be effective. Lin right now needs to work on his shot and he'll be fine.
spiegel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 03:45 PM   #10
nathanjizzle
life is exasperating

nathanjizzle has not been impressing people

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiegel
Lin needs the ball to be effective as he isn't a good shooter or off the ball player considering Harden is the man that will do the bulk of the playmaking duties. What we need is a good shooter at the PG position who dosent need the rock to much to be effective. Lin right now needs to work on his shot and he'll be fine.

or harden could stop ball hogging.
nathanjizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 03:48 PM   #11
Mr Exlax
McFailed next season

Mr Exlax is a pretty well-respected posterMr Exlax is a pretty well-respected posterMr Exlax is a pretty well-respected posterMr Exlax is a pretty well-respected poster

All we really need is D12 to get fully healed and back to being the player he was from 2010-2012 before the surgery. He got better after the loss to the Lakers and working with Hakeem. Then the start of the 2011-2012 season he had gotten even better.
Mr Exlax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 03:50 PM   #12
kuniva_dAMiGhTy
The First School

kuniva_dAMiGhTy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterkuniva_dAMiGhTy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterkuniva_dAMiGhTy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterkuniva_dAMiGhTy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterkuniva_dAMiGhTy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterkuniva_dAMiGhTy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterkuniva_dAMiGhTy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterkuniva_dAMiGhTy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

For his sake, I hope Howard comes back strong and shows us at least a SEMBLANCE of what he was in 2011. Anything remotely close to last season and he'll be the butt of jokes. Well, he and Country Grammar.
kuniva_dAMiGhTy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 03:51 PM   #13
Mr Exlax
McFailed next season

Mr Exlax is a pretty well-respected posterMr Exlax is a pretty well-respected posterMr Exlax is a pretty well-respected posterMr Exlax is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuniva_dAMiGhTy
For his sake, I hope Howard comes back strong and shows us at least a SEMBLANCE of what he was in 2011. Anything remotely close to last season and he'll be the butt of jokes. Well, he and Country Grammar.

I think I have more riding on it than he does lol. Trust me.

Country Grammar was jamming!
Mr Exlax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 03:52 PM   #14
spiegel
Local High School Star

spiegel has not been impressing people

Quote:
Originally Posted by nathanjizzle
or harden could stop ball hogging.
You don't ask the best player/best playmaker on you're team to be less creative.
spiegel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 03:53 PM   #15
bmd
Local High School Star

bmd is a pretty well-respected posterbmd is a pretty well-respected posterbmd is a pretty well-respected posterbmd is a pretty well-respected poster

For those of you talking about Lin's shooting... he is a good shooter.

The first half of the season he didn't shoot great because he was coming off knee surgery.

But after the all-star break, he was shooting 38% from 3.

AND, he's been working on his shot all summer.
bmd is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: