Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 07-18-2013, 01:30 PM   #1
Levity
Dale, you giblet head!

Levity has an incredible reputation hereLevity has an incredible reputation hereLevity has an incredible reputation hereLevity has an incredible reputation hereLevity has an incredible reputation hereLevity has an incredible reputation hereLevity has an incredible reputation here
Default Who do you think will have the best sophmore season this upcoming year?

With a whole NBA season under their belt, the upcoming NBA sophomores are better prepared for what the NBA has to offer. Many of them had very respectable rookie seasons, and some of them just began showing what they can bring to their team at season end.

With a 2nd training camp, a more defined role, and better chemistry with their teams, who do you think will have the best sophomore season?

some notable candidates:

Andre Drummond: going from a 20 minute bench role to a (hopeful) 30+ min a game starting role. His free throw % is still terrible, and his offensive game is somewhat raw, but he has the potential to put up something like 15/12/2 blocks a game this season

Anthony Davis: injuries really did take a toll on him this season. But when he was on the floor, he really did produce. a potential multi cat stud. Im not sure what NO's plan is with their front court(theyre looking at oden), but the team as a whole is far more complete, and because of it, davis should shine

Damian Lillard

Jonas V

Harrison Barnes

Potential Sleepers:

Evan Fournier

Bradley Beal

Moe Harkless (highly doubtful, but im excited to see his improvements)

So out of all the sophmore players this season, who do you think will have the best year?
Levity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 02:23 PM   #2
grantz
Decent playground baller

grantz has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Who do you think will have the best sophmore season this upcoming year?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levity
With a whole NBA season under their belt, the upcoming NBA sophomores are better prepared for what the NBA has to offer. Many of them had very respectable rookie seasons, and some of them just began showing what they can bring to their team at season end.

With a 2nd training camp, a more defined role, and better chemistry with their teams, who do you think will have the best sophomore season?

some notable candidates:

Andre Drummond: going from a 20 minute bench role to a (hopeful) 30+ min a game starting role. His free throw % is still terrible, and his offensive game is somewhat raw, but he has the potential to put up something like 15/12/2 blocks a game this season

Anthony Davis: injuries really did take a toll on him this season. But when he was on the floor, he really did produce. a potential multi cat stud. Im not sure what NO's plan is with their front court(theyre looking at oden), but the team as a whole is far more complete, and because of it, davis should shine

Damian Lillard

Jonas V

Harrison Barnes

Potential Sleepers:

Evan Fournier

Bradley Beal

Moe Harkless (highly doubtful, but im excited to see his improvements)

So out of all the sophmore players this season, who do you think will have the best year?

I like Lillard to win this but Barnes showed some potential during the playoffs. Jackson will play him a lot more and I wouldn't be surprised if he goes through a growth spurt this year.
grantz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 04:13 PM   #3
MMKM
Local High School Star

MMKM posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryMMKM posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryMMKM posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry
Default Re: Who do you think will have the best sophmore season this upcoming year?

Lillard
MMKM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 04:58 PM   #4
Inferno
chill

Inferno has an incredible reputation hereInferno has an incredible reputation hereInferno has an incredible reputation hereInferno has an incredible reputation hereInferno has an incredible reputation hereInferno has an incredible reputation hereInferno has an incredible reputation here

Lillard or Davis. Barnes too maybe if he gets 30+ Mpg.

Last edited by Inferno : 07-18-2013 at 05:07 PM.
Inferno is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 05:03 PM   #5
Fresh Kid
Banned

Fresh Kid has one of the lowest reputations on this boardFresh Kid has one of the lowest reputations on this boardFresh Kid has one of the lowest reputations on this boardFresh Kid has one of the lowest reputations on this boardFresh Kid has one of the lowest reputations on this boardFresh Kid has one of the lowest reputations on this boardFresh Kid has one of the lowest reputations on this boardFresh Kid has one of the lowest reputations on this board

Lillard and beal, copeland will have 2nd year jinx.
Fresh Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 05:05 PM   #6
scm5
Decent college freshman

scm5 has decent reputation

Davis.
scm5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 05:15 PM   #7
KNOW1EDGE
AKA MUGGSY

KNOW1EDGE is considered somewhat coolKNOW1EDGE is considered somewhat cool

Lillard, Davis, Drummond and Barnes have the best chance.

I wouldn't really consider Beal a sleeper, he had a great rookie year, and everyone knows he can ball, I expect him to have a great year.

I think Drummond could really make an impact and turn some heads. I could see Davis hardly improving. If Barnes can get minutes he will play great again. Obviously Lillard will play great but idk how much his ppg will improve, hopefully his assists will raise
KNOW1EDGE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 05:18 PM   #8
Levity
Dale, you giblet head!

Levity has an incredible reputation hereLevity has an incredible reputation hereLevity has an incredible reputation hereLevity has an incredible reputation hereLevity has an incredible reputation hereLevity has an incredible reputation hereLevity has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by KNOW1EDGE
Lillard, Davis, Drummond and Barnes have the best chance.

I wouldn't really consider Beal a sleeper, he had a great rookie year, and everyone knows he can ball, I expect him to have a great year.

I think Drummond could really make an impact and turn some heads. I could see Davis hardly improving. If Barnes can get minutes he will play great again. Obviously Lillard will play great but idk how much his ppg will improve, hopefully his assists will raise

agreed about beal. i originally intended to put him in the first list, but for whatever reason, i threw him into the sleepers. but yeah, he had a great rookie season. started off a bit slow, but by january or so, his game really came together and he was putting up pretty nice numbers. both points and rebounds. injuries kind of fvcked him over at the end of the season. but he'll definitely have a great sophmore year next to wall.
Levity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 05:38 PM   #9
KyleKong
Fin.

KyleKong is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKyleKong is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKyleKong is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKyleKong is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKyleKong is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKyleKong is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKyleKong is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKyleKong is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKyleKong is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKyleKong is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKyleKong is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Davis.

I can see Lillard posting the same stats as his rookie year but Anthony Davis improving greatly due to not being injured.
KyleKong is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: