Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 07-18-2013, 03:07 PM   #46
qrich
King Heno

qrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Blake Griffin for Lamarcus Aldridge

Quote:
Originally Posted by COnDEMnED
Well, It makes me wonder if Blake is fools gold if he puts up his best stats on a team with bad players/cancers like you mentioned, then when he gets quite possibly the best PG in the league, he can't match his best season. His first season could have been a fluke maybe? Maybe it took a year for the rest of the nba players to learn how to play against him? I don't know, to me he just seems like a very underwhelming talent for the hype he gets.

He's playing less minutes and taking less shots. Otherwise, his output, on the court, is the same as it was as a rookie, sans for the fact that he is much smarter now. Boxes out more often, doesn't just leap for every rebound. More controlled on D. Doesn't over-think it on offense (well, still does when he's open for a jumper) as often.

Quote:
I'm not one of those guys who thinks he "just dunks", but its hard to ignore the fact his stats are slightly padded by the fact he plays in "lob city". Dwight Howard doesn't "just dunk", but where would he have been last year if not for players like Pau Gasol spoon feeding him easy points? Griffin and Dwight are similar in that regard. Both are awful free throw shooters, both have below average( it seems ) jump shots, both have a number of post moves you can count on one hand, both rely on dunks for a majority of their points. LMA doesn't seem to have these issues in his game, that's why I believe him to be the better fit for the Clippers. Blake Griffin seems to be a Mini Dwight without the defense. What is Dwight without his defense? Its nice that the stats you provide actually show he's "improving" each year from his rookie season, but do those improved stats translate into wins, or are they just empty stats?

Those advanced stats have played a big part in the Clippers improving their win total, not just Paul. I have little doubt in my mind, that if the Clippers ran out the following for the lock-out season, they would still have ended up a top 6 seed (they were #5) due to the improvements by Blake & Gordon.

PG: Billups - Mo Gotti - Bledsoe
SG: EJ - R. Foye - T. Leslie*
SF: Butler - Prince Farouq - Ryan Gomes
PF: Blake Griffin - Reggie Evans - Trey Thompkins
CE: Chris Kaman - DeAndre Jordan

Blake is also extending his offensive repertoire, unlike Dwight. His jumper is continuing to improve and extend range wise. Has a good sweeping hook shot that reminds me of Elton Brand's in many ways. Improving his spin move while posting up. Up and unders as well for reverse lay-ins to use the rim as a wall for shot blockers. Always had a face up drive as well. His FT form is also on its way up.
qrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 03:19 PM   #47
COnDEMnED
Local High School Star

COnDEMnED is a pretty well-respected posterCOnDEMnED is a pretty well-respected posterCOnDEMnED is a pretty well-respected posterCOnDEMnED is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by qrich
He's playing less minutes and taking less shots. Otherwise, his output, on the court, is the same as it was as a rookie, sans for the fact that he is much smarter now. Boxes out more often, doesn't just leap for every rebound. More controlled on D. Doesn't over-think it on offense (well, still does when he's open for a jumper) as often.

Those advanced stats have played a big part in the Clippers improving their win total, not just Paul. I have little doubt in my mind, that if the Clippers ran out the following for the lock-out season, they would still have ended up a top 6 seed (they were #5) due to the improvements by Blake & Gordon.

PG: Billups - Mo Gotti - Bledsoe
SG: EJ - R. Foye - T. Leslie*
SF: Butler - Prince Farouq - Ryan Gomes
PF: Blake Griffin - Reggie Evans - Trey Thompkins
CE: Chris Kaman - DeAndre Jordan

Blake is also extending his offensive repertoire, unlike Dwight. His jumper is continuing to improve and extend range wise. Has a good sweeping hook shot that reminds me of Elton Brand's in many ways. Improving his spin move while posting up. Up and unders as well for reverse lay-ins to use the rim as a wall for shot blockers. Always had a face up drive as well. His FT form is also on its way up.
Well I honestly don't get to watch as many Clippers games as I'd like too, but it's clear you and some of your fellow Clippers fans feel pretty strongly about rather having Griffin than Aldridge. As long as you guys are happy and excited for your team, that's all that really matters right? I just hope that regardless, he delivers in the end. I would be disappointed if everyone had these high hopes for the guy and he doesn't live up to the destiny people envisioned for him and the Clippers fans.
COnDEMnED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 05:16 PM   #48
grantz
Decent playground baller

grantz has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by COnDEMnED
Well I honestly don't get to watch as many Clippers games as I'd like too, but it's clear you and some of your fellow Clippers fans feel pretty strongly about rather having Griffin than Aldridge. As long as you guys are happy and excited for your team, that's all that really matters right? I just hope that regardless, he delivers in the end. I would be disappointed if everyone had these high hopes for the guy and he doesn't live up to the destiny people envisioned for him and the Clippers fans.

Huge laker fan but it's really fun watching this team turn itself around the last couple of years. The strong dislike some people have for the Clips is kind of a compliment -- definitely better than being irrelevant.
grantz is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: