Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 07-18-2013, 01:55 PM   #31
livinglegend
College star

livinglegend posts stuff that is definitely making some people angrylivinglegend posts stuff that is definitely making some people angrylivinglegend posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry
Default Re: Blake Griffin for Lamarcus Aldridge

Quote:
Originally Posted by qrich
I was showing statistics, not saying anything. And maybe, because in this day and age, guards run the association?

And Blake is playing less minutes, I don't know, maybe because the team has a little something called depth?

Yeah, no point in responding to you anymore. You have just proven you don't actually watch Blake and are just another one of those nimrods who go based off of stats and youtube.

Bynum, KG, Duncan, Gasol, Zbo etc. all had their shares during clutch situations. It s not the guard running the association.

Yeah, Blake is efficient and giving the clippers great minutes and can probably give them 5 more minutes with that efficiency, but no! They decide to give those minutes to Scrotum.

You keep posting stats and stats dont show everything. Statistically, his best season was his rookie season. If one only look at stats, one would think that he hasnt improved since his rookie season. That s not true. Stop relying only on stats and actually watch the games.

Last edited by livinglegend : 07-18-2013 at 01:58 PM.
livinglegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 02:09 PM   #32
Lamar Odumbb
Kids at the park dunk on me

Lamar Odumbb has not been impressing people

Sometimes its not who is the better player, its who is the better fit. Lakers traded all star Norm Nixon who is ten times better than Byron Scott, but Byron was the better fit because he was a knock down shooter.

Blake cant hit a jumper to save his life. In the playoffs, the alley oops and all star game type plays are few and far between so you have to go to bread and butter type plays of standard jumpers, drive and kick, and post ups.
Lamar Odumbb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 02:13 PM   #33
qrich
King Heno

qrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by livinglegend
Bynum, KG, Duncan, Gasol, Zbo etc. all had their shares during clutch situations. It s not the guard running the association.

Yeah, Blake is efficient and giving the clippers great minutes and can probably give them 5 more minutes with that efficiency, but no! They decide to give those minutes to Scrotum.

You keep posting stats and stats dont show everything. Statistically, his best season was his rookie season. If one only look at stats, one would think that he hasnt improved since his rookie season. That s not true. Stop relying only on stats and actually watch the games.

And Blake didn't?

Did you not see who the coach was last season? And what is wrong with playing five less minutes if you are winning games? Is an extra two wins or so worth playing an additional 410 minutes during the season?

I watch the games, you obviously don't. Advanced stats wise, not just points and rebounds, which is all you can seem to comprehend, he has been improving. His TS went from 54.9 to 57.2. eFG went from 50.8 to 54.1. His RB% dropped, but that is due to boxing out more and not jumping for every single rebound. AST% is up, Usage is down. ORTG is up. DRTG is down. WSs are up. But stats say he is declining

Last edited by qrich : 07-18-2013 at 02:17 PM.
qrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 02:16 PM   #34
NugzFan
NBA lottery pick

NugzFan is considered somewhat coolNugzFan is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dionysus
And Blake is only getting better. Can't wait untill Blake is seen as the 2nd best player in the game.

good luck waiting for that
NugzFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 02:26 PM   #35
livinglegend
College star

livinglegend posts stuff that is definitely making some people angrylivinglegend posts stuff that is definitely making some people angrylivinglegend posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry

Quote:
And Blake didn't?

Did you not see who the coach was last season? And what is wrong with playing five less minutes if you are winning games? Is an extra two wins or so worth playing an additional 410 minutes during the season?

I watch the games, you obviously don't. Advanced stats wise, not just points and rebounds, which is all you can seem to comprehend, he has been improving. His TS went from 54.9 to 57.2. eFG went from 50.8 to 54.1. His RB% dropped, but that is due to boxing out more and not jumping for every single rebound. AST% is up, Usage is down. ORTG is up. DRTG is down. WSs are up. But stats say he is declining

Get over your advanced stats.
Birdman > Griffin
Better, TS%, eFG%, ORB%, TRB%, BLK%, WS/48,
Old 07-18-2013, 02:29 PM   #36
VIntageNOvel
Kobelicious

VIntageNOvel has an OK reputation so far

holy shit you guys are lucky clippersfan86 isnt here anymore

i can picture him arguin to death with tony about griffin arguably better than bron
VIntageNOvel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 02:30 PM   #37
frmsea2okc
Bball Emeritus

frmsea2okc has an OK reputation so far

As a Blazer fan i really hope they hang onto him at least until the trade deadline. Then deal him to a lottery team that has the same psuedo momentum going forward (think Cavs right now, they still aren't great but even before Bynum it seemed they were def getting better and gave the fan base hope).
Lets say you trade LMA at the deadline or next year before the draft for a top ten pick lets say... Toronto? LMA would be perfect with Big Val.
Point is i'd only trade him for a high draft pick top 10ish or a blue chipper.

I did have one idea though thinking a bit into the future...
If Minny offers Pekovic big money they are gonna be tight on cash especially if they go max or near it on Rubio. LMA & whatever for Kevin Love? He's an oregonian himself and Blazer fans would go apeshit with Lillard & Love.
frmsea2okc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 02:31 PM   #38
qrich
King Heno

qrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Get over your advanced stats.
Birdman > Griffin
Better, TS%, eFG%, ORB%, TRB%, BLK%, WS/48,

When comparing two comparable players, advanced stats are more credible than two guys that are total 180s in numerous ways.

But hey, what more can I expect from someone that doesn't watch any games and goes based off ESPN.

OMGZ he can only dunk and nothing elze omgz.
Old 07-18-2013, 02:35 PM   #39
Bigsmoke
Death Before Dishonor

Bigsmoke has a very bad reputationBigsmoke has a very bad reputationBigsmoke has a very bad reputationBigsmoke has a very bad reputation

Boozer for LA

PLEASE!
Bigsmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 02:38 PM   #40
livinglegend
College star

Quote:
When comparing two comparable players, advanced stats are more credible than two guys that are total 180s in numerous ways.

But hey, what more can I expect from someone that doesn't watch any games and goes based off ESPN.

OMGZ he can only dunk and nothing elze omgz.

Comparable?
What do you consider comparable?
2 players that have the same style of play? similar stats? same position?

And BTW, why are you getting mad? If you cant take my posts, just leave. YOLO
Old 07-18-2013, 02:42 PM   #41
chocolatethunder
National High School Star

chocolatethunder has decent reputationchocolatethunder has decent reputation

Quote:
Man, Blake is quickly becoming one of the leagues most underrated guys. Let's look at their averages from this past season (Points|Reb|Ast|Stl|Blk):

LMA: 21.1 | 9.9 | 2.6 | 0.8 | 1.2 on 48.8|81.0 shooting with 1.9 Turnovers | 2.5 Fouls in 37.7 minutes per game on 17 shots per game.
Biff: 18.0 | 8,3 | 3.7 | 1.2 | 0.6 on 53.8|66.0 shooting with 2.3 Turnovers | 2.9 Fouls in 32.5 minutes per game on 13.4 shots per game.

So in 5.2 less minutes a night, 3.6 less shots, Blake scored a whopping 3.1 points less, grabbed an enormous 1.6 less rebounds, dished out more assists, had less blocks and shot nearly 5% better from the field. Spare me that Blake plays with Paul crock as well, considering Biff's rookie year.

Toss in defensive stats, according to synergy sports (Aldridge | Blake);

Overall FG%: 40.6 | 38.8
Overall Scored On%: 39.8 | 38.5

Isolation FG%: 49.1 | 36.7
Isolation Scored On%: 47 | 33

Post Up FG%: 37.7 | 43.2
Post Up Scored On%: 36.7 | 44.8

P&R Roll Man FG%: 47.7 | 27.9
P&R Roll Man ScoredOn%: 47.8 | 29.9

Better overall defender as well, not only by stats, but eye test to boot.

Toss in the fact that Biff is three years younger, has great chemistry with his team, has never complained, is much more marketable, still has room to grow, and actually generates revenue.

But, you know, Aldridge is so much better.

Seriously. On this board if you are white or look white then you just cannot be good. I am no huge Griffin fan but I like him better than Aldridge and think that he has a greater upside. Aldridge is overrated on this board and Griffin is grossly underrated. My biggest problem w Griffin and Paul is they have to stop flopping and being babies. People complain and call Griffin soft but Aldridge is totally soft. You're not gonna see LA putting his nuts in people's faces every night like Griffin does.
chocolatethunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 02:48 PM   #42
qrich
King Heno

Quote:
Comparable?
What do you consider comparable?
2 players that have the same style of play? similar stats? same position?

And BTW, why are you getting mad? If you cant take my posts, just leave. YOLO

If you aren't aware what comparable means, in this situation, then I don't know what else to say to you.

And laughing is mad now? Typical though,a dolt would use retarded slang and not know the meaning of comparable.
Old 07-18-2013, 02:48 PM   #43
chocolatethunder
National High School Star

chocolatethunder has decent reputationchocolatethunder has decent reputation

I just wanna add that Griffin is 24 and Aldridge is 27. I'm in my 40's and for those of you who are too young to remember, Barkley had no jumper to speak of at 24, nor did Magic. It took several years for Kemp to get a jumper. So ill take the 24 year old flopper over the 27 year old jump shooter. At 24, historically guys like Griffin have upside. At 27, guys like Aldrige have already started to peak.
chocolatethunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 02:51 PM   #44
Lamar Odumbb
Kids at the park dunk on me

Lamar Odumbb has not been impressing people

Quote:
Originally Posted by frmsea2okc
As a Blazer fan i really hope they hang onto him at least until the trade deadline. Then deal him to a lottery team that has the same psuedo momentum going forward (think Cavs right now, they still aren't great but even before Bynum it seemed they were def getting better and gave the fan base hope).
Lets say you trade LMA at the deadline or next year before the draft for a top ten pick lets say... Toronto? LMA would be perfect with Big Val.
Point is i'd only trade him for a high draft pick top 10ish or a blue chipper.

I did have one idea though thinking a bit into the future...
If Minny offers Pekovic big money they are gonna be tight on cash especially if they go max or near it on Rubio. LMA & whatever for Kevin Love? He's an oregonian himself and Blazer fans would go apeshit with Lillard & Love.

Is Kevin Love still liked in Oregon. Didnt you guys give him death threats and threaten his family because he chose UCLA over Orgeon.
Lamar Odumbb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 02:59 PM   #45
COnDEMnED
Local High School Star

COnDEMnED is considered somewhat coolCOnDEMnED is considered somewhat coolCOnDEMnED is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Why? Because Blake has a pass first point? How about his first season with the cancer known as Baron Davis, Mike Taylor and Mo Williams being the starters? Blake as a rookie averaged 22.5 as a rookie while taking .2 less shots per game.

Or are you one of those that believe Blake does nothing but dunk?

Plus, take away Blake's freak injury from his rookie year, and he has missed an entire 2 games. He did get hurt, but played through it.
Well, It makes me wonder if Blake is fools gold if he puts up his best stats on a team with bad players/cancers like you mentioned, then when he gets quite possibly the best PG in the league, he can't match his best season. His first season could have been a fluke maybe? Maybe it took a year for the rest of the nba players to learn how to play against him? I don't know, to me he just seems like a very underwhelming talent for the hype he gets.

I'm not one of those guys who thinks he "just dunks", but its hard to ignore the fact his stats are slightly padded by the fact he plays in "lob city". Dwight Howard doesn't "just dunk", but where would he have been last year if not for players like Pau Gasol spoon feeding him easy points? Griffin and Dwight are similar in that regard. Both are awful free throw shooters, both have below average( it seems ) jump shots, both have a number of post moves you can count on one hand, both rely on dunks for a majority of their points. LMA doesn't seem to have these issues in his game, that's why I believe him to be the better fit for the Clippers. Blake Griffin seems to be a Mini Dwight without the defense. What is Dwight without his defense? Its nice that the stats you provide actually show he's "improving" each year from his rookie season, but do those improved stats translate into wins, or are they just empty stats?
COnDEMnED is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: