Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 07-18-2013, 12:08 PM   #16
just_NONchalant
Hoops

just_NONchalant has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Blake Griffin for Lamarcus Aldridge

Quote:
Originally Posted by qrich
Man, Blake is quickly becoming one of the leagues most underrated guys. Let's look at their averages from this past season (Points|Reb|Ast|Stl|Blk):

LMA: 21.1 | 9.9 | 2.6 | 0.8 | 1.2 on 48.8|81.0 shooting with 1.9 Turnovers | 2.5 Fouls in 37.7 minutes per game on 17 shots per game.
Biff: 18.0 | 8,3 | 3.7 | 1.2 | 0.6 on 53.8|66.0 shooting with 2.3 Turnovers | 2.9 Fouls in 32.5 minutes per game on 13.4 shots per game.

So in 5.2 less minutes a night, 3.6 less shots, Blake scored a whopping 3.1 points less, grabbed an enormous 1.6 less rebounds, dished out more assists, had less blocks and shot nearly 5% better from the field. Spare me that Blake plays with Paul crock as well, considering Biff's rookie year.

Toss in defensive stats, according to synergy sports (Aldridge | Blake);

Overall FG%: 40.6 | 38.8
Overall Scored On%: 39.8 | 38.5

Isolation FG%: 49.1 | 36.7
Isolation Scored On%: 47 | 33

Post Up FG%: 37.7 | 43.2
Post Up Scored On%: 36.7 | 44.8

P&R Roll Man FG%: 47.7 | 27.9
P&R Roll Man ScoredOn%: 47.8 | 29.9

Better overall defender as well, not only by stats, but eye test to boot.

Toss in the fact that Biff is three years younger, has great chemistry with his team, has never complained, is much more marketable, still has room to grow, and actually generates revenue.

But, you know, Aldridge is so much better.

/thread
just_NONchalant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 12:09 PM   #17
COnDEMnED
Local High School Star

COnDEMnED is considered somewhat coolCOnDEMnED is considered somewhat coolCOnDEMnED is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fudge
^

So basically, LMA>BG?
Im glad im not the only person who thought that giving the numbers he provided. Either way, its not all about numbers anyways. I think Aldridge has a more well rounded game than Blake Griffin, and I think he fits in better with the other Clippers players. Last 2 years of Clippers playoffs, unplug Blake and plug in Aldridge, do the clippers still get bounced early? I don't think so. I think CP3 + Aldridge > CP3 + Griffin Maybe there is something im missing, all the Clippers fans opinion seem to be Griffin>Aldridge while everyone else seems to think Aldridge>Griffin. They should know, they watch more Clippers games . It just seems from the outside looking in, in my opinion, Aldridge on the Clippers is more frightening to me than Blake Griffin on the Clippers.
COnDEMnED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 12:11 PM   #18
TexasBloodMoney
Serious playground baller

TexasBloodMoney has not been impressing people

Quote:
Originally Posted by COnDEMnED
Im glad im not the only person who thought that giving the numbers he provided. Either way, its not all about numbers anyways. I think Aldridge has a more well rounded game than Blake Griffin, and I think he fits in better with the other Clippers players. Last 2 years of Clippers playoffs, unplug Blake and plug in Aldridge, do the clippers still get bounced early? I don't think so. I think CP3 + Aldridge > CP3 + Griffin Maybe there is something im missing, all the Clippers fans opinion seem to be Griffin>Aldridge while everyone else seems to think Aldridge>Griffin. They should know, they watch more Clippers games . It just seems from the outside looking in, in my opinion, Aldridge on the Clippers is more frightening to me than Blake Griffin on the Clippers.

LMA's Skills > Blake's Athleticism

TexasBloodMoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 12:15 PM   #19
qrich
King Heno

qrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I don't see how someone who grabs a whole board and a half in over five minutes more a night, and scores a whopping 3.1 more points while taking 3.6 more shots (LESS THAN 1 POINT PER SHOT) and is inferior defensively is better stat wise.

Only on InsideHoops is a similar comparison where someone scoring <1 point per shot is considered better.

And Clippers with Aldridge instead of Blake would not have beaten Memphis last year, in the slightest, and would have struggled just as much this past season. Why? Because Aldridge doesn't address any of the Clippers weaknesses and I doubt an entire 3 points more per game, while taking 4 more shots, would have made a difference
qrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 12:21 PM   #20
COnDEMnED
Local High School Star

COnDEMnED is considered somewhat coolCOnDEMnED is considered somewhat coolCOnDEMnED is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
I don't see how someone who grabs a whole board and a half in over five minutes more a night, and scores a whopping 3.1 more points while taking 3.6 more shots (LESS THAN 1 POINT PER SHOT) and is inferior defensively is better stat wise.

Only on InsideHoops is a similar comparison where someone scoring <1 point per shot is considered better.

And Clippers with Aldridge instead of Blake would not have beaten Memphis last year, in the slightest, and would have struggled just as much this past season. Why? Because Aldridge doesn't address any of the Clippers weaknesses and I doubt an entire 3 points more per game, while taking 4 more shots, would have made a difference
I think taking into context how both players get a majority of their points clears that mystery up. Plus I was eluding to the fact Aldridge seemed to be pretty health, from my memory, in the playoffs. It seems like Blake Griffin has had an injury in both playoff runs. Maybe I was imagining that.

EDIT: We can only guess what type of looks LMA would get next to CP3 too. So Blake Griffin getting setup from CP3 is similar to LMA without CP3?

Last edited by COnDEMnED : 07-18-2013 at 12:25 PM.
COnDEMnED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 12:36 PM   #21
qrich
King Heno

qrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by COnDEMnED
I think taking into context how both players get a majority of their points clears that mystery up. Plus I was eluding to the fact Aldridge seemed to be pretty health, from my memory, in the playoffs. It seems like Blake Griffin has had an injury in both playoff runs. Maybe I was imagining that.

Why? Because Blake has a pass first point? How about his first season with the cancer known as Baron Davis, Mike Taylor and Mo Williams being the starters? Blake as a rookie averaged 22.5 as a rookie while taking .2 less shots per game.

Or are you one of those that believe Blake does nothing but dunk?

Plus, take away Blake's freak injury from his rookie year, and he has missed an entire 2 games. He did get hurt, but played through it.
Old 07-18-2013, 01:21 PM   #22
livinglegend
College star

livinglegend posts stuff that is definitely making some people angrylivinglegend posts stuff that is definitely making some people angrylivinglegend posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry

Quote:
Man, Blake is quickly becoming one of the leagues most underrated guys. Let's look at their averages from this past season (Points|Reb|Ast|Stl|Blk):

LMA: 21.1 | 9.9 | 2.6 | 0.8 | 1.2 on 48.8|81.0 shooting with 1.9 Turnovers | 2.5 Fouls in 37.7 minutes per game on 17 shots per game.
Biff: 18.0 | 8,3 | 3.7 | 1.2 | 0.6 on 53.8|66.0 shooting with 2.3 Turnovers | 2.9 Fouls in 32.5 minutes per game on 13.4 shots per game.

So in 5.2 less minutes a night, 3.6 less shots, Blake scored a whopping 3.1 points less, grabbed an enormous 1.6 less rebounds, dished out more assists, had less blocks and shot nearly 5% better from the field. Spare me that Blake plays with Paul crock as well, considering Biff's rookie year.

Toss in defensive stats, according to synergy sports (Aldridge | Blake);

Overall FG%: 40.6 | 38.8
Overall Scored On%: 39.8 | 38.5

Isolation FG%: 49.1 | 36.7
Isolation Scored On%: 47 | 33

Post Up FG%: 37.7 | 43.2
Post Up Scored On%: 36.7 | 44.8

P&R Roll Man FG%: 47.7 | 27.9
P&R Roll Man ScoredOn%: 47.8 | 29.9

Better overall defender as well, not only by stats, but eye test to boot.

Toss in the fact that Biff is three years younger, has great chemistry with his team, has never complained, is much more marketable, still has room to grow, and actually generates revenue.

But, you know, Aldridge is so much better.

You cant rely on Griffin during clutch situations. He doesnt have a good post game and he isnt a good ft shooter. There s a reason why during the last minutes of close games, Clippers only ran CP3 isolations. During clutch situations, Lamarcus can rely on his jumpers, fts, post up gm. Griffin cant rely on anything. He isnt a good post play, doesnt have a good jump shot, cant shoot fts...

Also, more minutes and more shots doesnt usually mean more production with the same efficiency. There s a reason why he doesnt take more shots and he doesnt play more minutes.
livinglegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 01:35 PM   #23
qrich
King Heno

Quote:
Originally Posted by livinglegend
You cant rely on Griffin during clutch situations. He doesnt have a good post game and he isnt a good ft shooter. There s a reason why during the last minutes of close games, Clippers only ran CP3 isolations. During clutch situations, Lamarcus can rely on his jumpers, fts, post up gm. Griffin cant rely on anything. He isnt a good post play, doesnt have a good jump shot, cant shoot fts...

Also, more minutes and more shots doesnt usually mean more production with the same efficiency. There s a reason why he doesnt take more shots and he doesnt play more minutes.

Did you miss Blake's rookie stats where he was just as efficient to LMA with more minutes and shots per game, closer to what LMA is right now?

Per 82 games, Aldridge did have a higher net in their definition of clutch, but a lower win%, for obvious reasons.

But how about each of their Per48 during same clutch definition, where Blake shot 54.8% to a staggering 43.5%?

55% of Blake's clutch shots were also jumpers, where he had an eFG% of 52.9%. Aldridge took 80% jumpers in the clutch with an eFG% of 36.4%.

All that, combined with 3 years younger, having chemistry, never having complained about squat, still improving, and actually having marketability, makes this a real easy decision.
Old 07-18-2013, 01:40 PM   #24
MastaKilla
Decent playground baller

MastaKilla has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Did you miss Blake's rookie stats where he was just as efficient to LMA with more minutes and shots per game, closer to what LMA is right now?

Per 82 games, Aldridge did have a higher net in their definition of clutch, but a lower win%, for obvious reasons.

But how about each of their Per48 during same clutch definition, where Blake shot 54.8% to a staggering 43.5%?

55% of Blake's clutch shots were also jumpers, where he had an eFG% of 52.9%. Aldridge took 80% jumpers in the clutch with an eFG% of 36.4%.

All that, combined with 3 years younger, having chemistry, never having complained about squat, still improving, and actually having marketability, makes this a real easy decision.

LMA is twice as skilled as Blake is at this point and is a much safer option towards the end of games

Also LMA doesn't have the best pg in the game creating 4 open dunks a game
MastaKilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 01:43 PM   #25
qrich
King Heno

Quote:
Originally Posted by MastaKilla
Yeah but you totally ignored the dudes point of LMA being a much more reliable option towards the end of the game than Blake.

As if Blake can not continue to improve and isn't 3 years younger, with vastly less experience.
Old 07-18-2013, 01:43 PM   #26
livinglegend
College star

livinglegend posts stuff that is definitely making some people angrylivinglegend posts stuff that is definitely making some people angrylivinglegend posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry

Quote:

If he can be as efficient with more minutes, then why is he playing less minutes?

If Griffin is so clutch, then why 90% of the time, in clutch situations, Clippers run Iso for CP3?
Old 07-18-2013, 01:45 PM   #27
livinglegend
College star

Quote:
As if Blake can not continue to improve and isn't 3 years younger, with vastly less experience.

His best season was his rookie season.
Old 07-18-2013, 01:47 PM   #28
qrich
King Heno

Quote:
If he can be as efficient with more minutes, then why is he playing less minutes?

If Griffin is so clutch, then why 90% of the time, in clutch situations, Clippers run Iso for CP3?

I was showing statistics, not saying anything. And maybe, because in this day and age, guards run the association?

And Blake is playing less minutes, I don't know, maybe because the team has a little something called depth?

Quote:
His best season was his rookie season.

Yeah, no point in responding to you anymore. You have just proven you don't actually watch Blake and are just another one of those nimrods who go based off of stats and youtube.
Old 07-18-2013, 01:53 PM   #29
Nastradamus
Local High School Star

Nastradamus is considered somewhat coolNastradamus is considered somewhat coolNastradamus is considered somewhat cool

They'd have to throw in something pretty juicy
Nastradamus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 01:53 PM   #30
grantz
Decent playground baller

grantz has an OK reputation so far

Quote:

VDN keeping the rotations balance is to manage the health of the players. This was the lesson learned from the previous year.

However Blake still did get injured -- those unknowns that still hit no matter how much you try to reduce risk.

Blake has improved year after year. He has a great work ethic. He may not have the total overall skill as LMA but he can get there at his own pace. I think the sum of your team is not the sum of the skills of your current players. BG is home in LA, will continue to work at his game for his city, and I would have him over LMA any day the way he's going so far.
grantz is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: