Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 07-17-2013, 07:18 PM   #1
doinitbig06
Good High School Starter

doinitbig06 is starting to rub some people the wrong way
Default Donatas Montiejunas - if he starts at PF do Rockets win the championship?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jBuc...=TLOjWgcNdbves

Extremely talented stretch 4
7 footer
has post game
can hit the 3 from either corner with the best of them
can put the ball on the floor and finish strong
willing passer
no ego

this guy could be every bit better than 120M Rashard Lewis who was Dwights 2nd best player on the Magic team that made the Finals

to me he is HOU x-factor if they let this guy play starters minutes, he will be a great beneficiary of all the attention Harden, Howard, Lin, and even Parsons will command
doinitbig06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 07:54 PM   #2
outbreak
Custom User Title

outbreak has an incredible reputation hereoutbreak has an incredible reputation hereoutbreak has an incredible reputation hereoutbreak has an incredible reputation hereoutbreak has an incredible reputation hereoutbreak has an incredible reputation hereoutbreak has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: Donatas Montiejunas - if he starts at PF do Rockets win the championship?

don't think he's ready yet to be honest, maybe in a couple more seasons he could fill the role but lewis gets under rated these days. In his prime he was a good player
outbreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 08:07 PM   #3
doinitbig06
Good High School Starter

Default Re: Donatas Montiejunas - if he starts at PF do Rockets win the championship?

Quote:
Originally Posted by outbreak
don't think he's ready yet to be honest, maybe in a couple more seasons he could fill the role but lewis gets under rated these days. In his prime he was a good player

what about his game isnt ready?! did u watch the video? he was doin all that last season, why wouldnt he be ready even if he didnt improve which young international prospects always do
Old 07-17-2013, 08:22 PM   #4
outbreak
Custom User Title

outbreak has an incredible reputation hereoutbreak has an incredible reputation hereoutbreak has an incredible reputation hereoutbreak has an incredible reputation hereoutbreak has an incredible reputation hereoutbreak has an incredible reputation hereoutbreak has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by doinitbig06
what about his game isnt ready?! did u watch the video? he was doin all that last season, why wouldnt he be ready even if he didnt improve which young international prospects always do

shot 28% from 3, to me he hasn't got the off ball game to be what lewis was yet. Not saying he won't and I was impressed by how good he looked but he isn't lewis or anderson yet.
Old 07-17-2013, 08:30 PM   #5
alenleomessi

alenleomessi has a bad reputationalenleomessi has a bad reputationalenleomessi has a bad reputation

im guessing howard, asik, jones will get all the frontcourt minutes with parsons getting few at pf too
alenleomessi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 08:31 PM   #6
outbreak
Custom User Title

I think he should be starting and they should have traded asik and possibly lin for a point guard or some great bench guys.
Old 07-17-2013, 08:43 PM   #7
rezznor
Nosetradamus

rezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

he's bulked up a bit over the summer, which is what we wanted from him. he wasn't ready last season but let's see how he does this upcoming one. i'm cautiously optimistic.
rezznor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 08:48 PM   #8
doinitbig06
Good High School Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by rezznor
he's bulked up a bit over the summer, which is what we wanted from him. he wasn't ready last season but let's see how he does this upcoming one. i'm cautiously optimistic.

if the rockets unleash the Donatas he will be a force, he will get COUNTLESS wide open three's when they inevitably double Dwight, i dont see any other big on the Rockets roster that has a higher ceiling or is as versatile as Donatas
Old 07-17-2013, 08:49 PM   #9
ElPigto
*****istrator

ElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I really hope D-mo improves. If he can be consistent with his corner 3 and his mid-range game, then he brings a lot to the table. He wasn't the greatest defender, but he really hustled on the defensive end. Thankfully he's bulked up this summer and that should help him tremendously this coming season.

Cool story bro moment, I met him while eating lunch at Phoenicia once (grocery store in Houston). I remember it was the game before the Jazz game. First time I met a player in person.
ElPigto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 08:54 PM   #10
SmackOrH.A.K
Good High School Starter

SmackOrH.A.K has decent reputationSmackOrH.A.K has decent reputation

His shooting ability is over hyped. He is not a good shooter. He does however have some nice post moves. If he puts on weight and becomes a good rebounder then he will get good mins.

He was starting midseason but fell out of rotation by playoffs. Terrance Jones is better.
SmackOrH.A.K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 08:56 PM   #11
SmackOrH.A.K
Good High School Starter

SmackOrH.A.K has decent reputationSmackOrH.A.K has decent reputation

He does have great confidence and continues to shoot jumper. Hopefully he can improve. He is good at running the floor too.
SmackOrH.A.K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 09:48 PM   #12
Nastradamus
Local High School Star

Nastradamus is considered somewhat coolNastradamus is considered somewhat coolNastradamus is considered somewhat cool

T.Jones is better.
Nastradamus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 10:16 PM   #13
Buckshot
I airball my layups

Buckshot has an OK reputation so far

Championship? Montiejunas? LOL
Buckshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 10:24 PM   #14
noob cake
Good college starter

noob cake has not been impressing people

Motie or Jones needs to really grow up for us to make a deep championship run.
noob cake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 10:29 PM   #15
VIP2000
Good High School Starter

VIP2000 has decent reputation

From what I saw last season, his defense was pretty bad. But he has a nice touch and should complement Dwight Howard really well.
VIP2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: