Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 08-25-2013, 02:25 PM   #31
TheSilentKiller
NBA Superstar

TheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Fantasy Football 2013 Advice

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunsfan1357
Anyone got any advice for a 16 team league strategy?
better get lucky with some sleepers
TheSilentKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 02:29 PM   #32
sunsfan1357
Word.

sunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation here

Nope, commish is being stubborn and won't release draft order until 30 mins before the draft. I'm completely in the dark here and have no idea which direction I want to go
sunsfan1357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 04:08 PM   #33
2013 Lakers
Kids at the park dunk on me

2013 Lakers has an OK reputation so far

Would it be crazy to draft either Lynch/Richardson over Martin/Spiller/Charles?

Are any of you as high on Trent Richardson as I am?
2013 Lakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 04:19 PM   #34
TheSilentKiller
NBA Superstar

TheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Just did a mock where Drew Brees went number 1 overall...
Old 08-25-2013, 05:40 PM   #35
code green
C's Fan since Dee

code green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postercode green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postercode green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postercode green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postercode green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postercode green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postercode green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postercode green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSilentKiller
Just did a mock where Drew Brees went number 1 overall...

Dude, Brady went #1 in my $100 league. There are idiots everywhere.
code green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 08:35 PM   #36
sunsfan1357
Word.

sunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation here

Welp, turns out I'm second pick in the 16 teamer
Old 08-25-2013, 08:37 PM   #37
LeFraud James
THE KING GOT HIS RING

LeFraud James is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLeFraud James is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLeFraud James is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLeFraud James is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLeFraud James is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLeFraud James is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLeFraud James is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLeFraud James is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLeFraud James is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLeFraud James is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLeFraud James is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2013 Lakers
Would it be crazy to draft either Lynch/Richardson over Martin/Spiller/Charles?

Are any of you as high on Trent Richardson as I am?

Realistically, after AP and Doug Martin it's really personal preference with the next tier of RBs. You could literally draft anyone out of Doug, Spiller, Lynch, Charles, LeSean, Rice, Trent, even Alfred Morris in the beginning of the first and you would be alright.

My QB-favored(Pass TDs: 6 pts, Comp: +0.25, Inc: -0.25) Big Money League just completed our draft this morning:

1.AP
2.Spiller
3.Martin
4.Morris
5.Lynch
6.Rice
7.Charles
8.Foster
9.McCoy
10.Richardson
11.Calvin
12. A.J Green

QB-favored league, and yet no QBs selected in the first round?!? Needless to say, I was very happy with Jamaal Charles at 7. Alfred Morris at 4 was a curveball, and Foster slipping to 8 was somewhat expected. Everything else seems about right.

10 out of first 12 picks were RBs

13.Chris Johnson
14.Forte
15.MJD
16.Ridley
17.Dez
18.Steven Jackson
19.Peyton
20.B-Marsh
21.Brees
22.Jimmy
23.Rodgers
24.Julio

15 out of the first 18 picks were RBs

I was extremely tempted to nab Brees instead of S-Jax, what with this being a QB-happy league and all, but I just couldn't pull the trigger. S-Jax was the last RB remaining in my low-end RB1/high-end RB2 tier, and passing on him would have meant settling for Gore, Bush, Wilson or DeMarco as my RB2. (Note: Gore, Bush, Wilson and DeMarco are all fine RB2's[assuming you're targeting either one of the elite QBs or WRs like Rodgers, Brees, Dez, AJ, or Marshall])

Towards the end of the 2nd we see the remainder of elite WRs and finally we get some QBs on the board.

25.Gore
26.Reggie
27.David Wilson
28.Demaryius
29.V-Jax
30.Andre Johnson
31.Tom Brady
32.Fitz
33.Cruz
34.Cobb
35.DeMarco
36.McFadden

20 out of the first 36 picks were RBs

I'll be the first to admit it. I reached slightly for Tom Terrific. Can you blame me though? In a league where we get +0.25 per completion, -0.25 per incompletion, AND 6 point pass TDs, Brady offers Top-4 value at the position. You could argue that Cam's rushing pedigree makes him a more intriguing fantasy option, or that I could get Matt Ryan a full 2 rounds later and get similar production, but you'll be wasting your breath.

As for the rest of the draft, I won't waste your time with details. I present to you my team:

QB WR WR WR RB RB TE W/R/T K DST

1. (7) Jamaal Charles (KC - RB)
2. (18) Steven Jackson (Atl - RB)
3. (31) Tom Brady (NE - QB)
4. (42) Danny Amendola (NE - WR)
5. (55) Eric Decker (Den - WR)
6. (66) Ahmad Bradshaw (Ind - RB)
7. (79) Mike Williams (TB - WR)
8. (90) Shane Vereen (NE - RB)
9. (103) Owen Daniels (Hou - TE)
10. (114) Chris Givens (StL - WR)
11. (127) Bernard Pierce (Bal - RB)
12. (138) Rueben Randle (NYG - WR)
13. (151) Christine Michael (Sea - RB)
14. (162) New England (NE - DEF)
15. (175) Justin Tucker (Bal - K)
16. (186) Julian Edelman (NE - WR)

QB: Tom Brady
WR: Danny Amendola/Eric Decker/M. Williams(TB)
RB: Jamaal Charles/Steven Jackson
TE: Owen Daniels
Flex: Ahmad Bradshaw

Bench: Shane Vereen, Chris Givens, Bernard Pierce, Christine Michael, Rueben Randle, Julian Edelman
LeFraud James is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 11:40 PM   #38
shaq2000
mde

shaq2000 has decent reputationshaq2000 has decent reputation

Thoughts on my autodrafted team?

QB: Tony Romo (6th round)
WR: Julio Jones (3rd round)
WR: Mike Wallace (5th round)
WR: T.Y. Hilton (7th round)
RB: Adrian Peterson (1st pick, 1st round)
RB: Chris Johnson (last pick in 2nd round)
TE: Jared Cook (8th round)
W/R/T: Darren Sproles (4th round)
K: Justin Tucker
DEF: Chicago

Bench

RB: Vick Ballard
RB: Isaiah Pead
WR: Rueben Randle
QB: Carson Palmer
TE: Brandon Pettigrew

I wanted to go heavy with RB and WR, get a borderline top-10 QB that's safe, and get a sleeper TE like Cook. It's a 12-man league so I did want two QBs.

Last edited by shaq2000 : 08-25-2013 at 11:44 PM.
shaq2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 11:48 PM   #39
sunsfan1357
Word.

My 16 team draft, I had the second pick

QB: Matt Ryan
RB: Doug Martin
RB: Darren McFadden
WR: Steve Smith
WR: Larry Fitz
TE: Antonio Gates
DEF: Chicago Bears
K: Legatron

Bench: Gerhardt, Stephen Hill, Jermaine Gresham, Andre Roberts, Jay Cutler, Kendall Wright
Old 08-26-2013, 12:02 AM   #40
bigkingsfan
Gif-ted

bigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeFraud James
QB-favored league, and yet no QBs selected in the first round?!?

Because you still have to start two RB, Romo is ranked like 12th QB on ESPN. Just tells you can still grab a good QB late.
bigkingsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 12:02 AM   #41
Bano114
Lets go Kni....Giants!

Bano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:

Bench: Gerhardt, Stephen Hill, Jermaine Gresham, Andre Roberts, Jay Cutler, Kendall Wright

Really solid team for 16 team league. Like this team alot actually.
Bano114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 12:08 AM   #42
jazz873
College star

jazz873 has a near all-star reputation herejazz873 has a near all-star reputation herejazz873 has a near all-star reputation herejazz873 has a near all-star reputation herejazz873 has a near all-star reputation herejazz873 has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:

Very Impressive
jazz873 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 12:25 AM   #43
sunsfan1357
Word.

Thanks, guys. I'm liking it so far as well, but with a 16 team league and an injury prone guy like McFadden I'm going to be pretty screwed if he goes down. Actually with a league that big anyone will be screwed if anyone goes down
Old 08-26-2013, 02:23 AM   #44
LeFraud James
THE KING GOT HIS RING

LeFraud James is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLeFraud James is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLeFraud James is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLeFraud James is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLeFraud James is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLeFraud James is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLeFraud James is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLeFraud James is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLeFraud James is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLeFraud James is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLeFraud James is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaq2000
Thoughts on my autodrafted team?

QB: Tony Romo (6th round)
WR: Julio Jones (3rd round)
WR: Mike Wallace (5th round)
WR: T.Y. Hilton (7th round)
RB: Adrian Peterson (1st pick, 1st round)
RB: Chris Johnson (last pick in 2nd round)
TE: Jared Cook (8th round)
W/R/T: Darren Sproles (4th round)
K: Justin Tucker
DEF: Chicago

Bench

RB: Vick Ballard
RB: Isaiah Pead
WR: Rueben Randle
QB: Carson Palmer
TE: Brandon Pettigrew

I wanted to go heavy with RB and WR, get a borderline top-10 QB that's safe, and get a sleeper TE like Cook. It's a 12-man league so I did want two QBs.

I would give your draft an 8/10.

You're definitely a little thin at WR, but that core of Peterson/CJ/Julio is a powerhouse. Throw in a low-end RB2 Sproles in your flex with a high ceiling TE and you're golden if the boys can protect Romo.

Drop Pead immedietely and pick up either a lottery type RB(none of which are left I'm sure), or a WR who could see some playing time if injuries were to happen.
LeFraud James is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 10:13 AM   #45
TheSilentKiller
NBA Superstar

Quote:

Well done
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: