Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 07-13-2013, 04:37 PM   #1
Bano114
Lets go Kni....Giants!

Bano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation here
Default Fantasy Football 2013 Advice

It's never too early to start preparing for Fantasy Football. Training camps start in about 2 weeks for some teams now I think? Either way, if your as die hard as I am about this you've already started researching and planning for your draft and the season.

Feel free to ask any questions, and please try and give advice as well to keep the threads purpose alive.

I've already started preparing a top 75 list for my draft which includes player Fantasy Produciton, how valuable they were compared to other players in their position last season, and a comparison between their ESPN PDR, and where I rank them based on their actual production and how I feel they will perform this season.

However I've run in to a problem at accurately rating what rounds certain players should be drafted in so I'll ask for the first pieces of advice.

What round do you think these players should realistically be drafted in?

Percy Harvin
Jared Cook
Maurice Jones Drew
David Wilson
Mike Wallace
Dwayne Bowe
Tavon Austin
Bano114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 06:52 PM   #2
jazz873
College star

jazz873 has a near all-star reputation herejazz873 has a near all-star reputation herejazz873 has a near all-star reputation herejazz873 has a near all-star reputation herejazz873 has a near all-star reputation herejazz873 has a near all-star reputation here
Default Re: Fantasy Football 2013 Advice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bano114

What round do you think these players should realistically be drafted in?

Percy Harvin
Jared Cook
Maurice Jones Drew
David Wilson
Mike Wallace
Dwayne Bowe
Tavon Austin
Boy it makes me excited to see this thread.

Harvin- 3rd round
Cook- 12th round
Austin- 7-8th round
Jones-Drew- 2-3rd round
Wilson- 4th round
Mike Wallace- 4-5th round
Bowe- 4-5th round
jazz873 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 07:32 PM   #3
Bano114
Lets go Kni....Giants!

Bano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazz873
Boy it makes me excited to see this thread.

Harvin- 3rd round
Cook- 12th round
Austin- 7-8th round
Jones-Drew- 2-3rd round
Wilson- 4th round
Mike Wallace- 4-5th round
Bowe- 4-5th round

That's pretty high up for both Wallace and Bowe. You'd really invest a 4th or 5th rounder in those guys?

Wallace wasn't even a top 20 WR last season as far as fantasy production goes. Out off of the WRs you'd expect to see in a starting line up in a 10 team league he'd be among the least valuable.

He is in a new offense and the #1 option but I feel like defense will really try and shut him out. Imo I cant justify taking him until the 8th or 9th round.

Bowe is tricky because he has awesome ability but put up shitty stats last season. Granted he had multiple terrible QBs throwing to him and now has Smith, but does having Alex Smith boost him up to the 4-5 range?

Those 2 players I'm going to watch extremely closely in pre-season to see how many targets they get.

Jones-Drew in the 2nd or 3rd? Definetely could pay off huge if he comes back full strength, but that's not a guarantee. He's somebody i'm looking to stay away from early at all costs. If he falls to the 4th round and my RB situation isn't worked out yet though...i'd have to snatch him I think.

Jared Cook in the 12th round seems realistic enough. But I'm high on him. I feel like he is going to be a steal that late and can put up nice numbers in PPR.

Harvin and Austin I like at those spots, and Wilson is projected to go around the 4th round but he's unproven. I would love to get him in the 5th or 6th round but theres no chance he lasts that long.
Old 07-14-2013, 02:26 PM   #4
jazz873
College star

jazz873 has a near all-star reputation herejazz873 has a near all-star reputation herejazz873 has a near all-star reputation herejazz873 has a near all-star reputation herejazz873 has a near all-star reputation herejazz873 has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
That's pretty high up for both Wallace and Bowe. You'd really invest a 4th or 5th rounder in those guys?

Wallace wasn't even a top 20 WR last season as far as fantasy production goes. Out off of the WRs you'd expect to see in a starting line up in a 10 team league he'd be among the least valuable.

He is in a new offense and the #1 option but I feel like defense will really try and shut him out. Imo I cant justify taking him until the 8th or 9th round.

Bowe is tricky because he has awesome ability but put up shitty stats last season. Granted he had multiple terrible QBs throwing to him and now has Smith, but does having Alex Smith boost him up to the 4-5 range?

Those 2 players I'm going to watch extremely closely in pre-season to see how many targets they get.

Jones-Drew in the 2nd or 3rd? Definetely could pay off huge if he comes back full strength, but that's not a guarantee. He's somebody i'm looking to stay away from early at all costs. If he falls to the 4th round and my RB situation isn't worked out yet though...i'd have to snatch him I think.

Jared Cook in the 12th round seems realistic enough. But I'm high on him. I feel like he is going to be a steal that late and can put up nice numbers in PPR.

Harvin and Austin I like at those spots, and Wilson is projected to go around the 4th round but he's unproven. I would love to get him in the 5th or 6th round but theres no chance he lasts that long.

Most of these were just projections not exactly where i would draft them.

I want nothing to do with Mike Wallace. However I am a little higher on Bowe than i am Wallace. In a 12 team draft you will most likely see Bowe and Wallace go late in the 4th to late 5th round.

In my opinion RB is thin this year and there are a lot of gambles. And that is why i value Jones-Drew in the third round. You just better hope you have an RB1 already by the time Jones-Drew comes around. It is hard to trust guys like DMC, Wilson, and Ball.

I also like Cook this season. However I like Finley better this year.
Old 07-14-2013, 02:39 PM   #5
Bano114
Lets go Kni....Giants!

Quote:
Most of these were just projections not exactly where i would draft them.

I want nothing to do with Mike Wallace. However I am a little higher on Bowe than i am Wallace. In a 12 team draft you will most likely see Bowe and Wallace go late in the 4th to late 5th round.

In my opinion RB is thin this year and there are a lot of gambles. And that is why i value Jones-Drew in the third round. You just better hope you have an RB1 already by the time Jones-Drew comes around. It is hard to trust guys like DMC, Wilson, and Ball.

I also like Cook this season. However I like Finley better this year.

Amen about running back being thin. Outside of the top 8-10 running backs, who can you really trust?

I'm conflicted over investing my first 3 picks on running backs, just because if I know I put it off i'll be left with shit.

At the same time guys like Brandon Marshall and Andre Johnson are ranked in the 2nd and 4th round when imo Marshall has first round value and Johnson 2nd round value. In a PPR league I'd love to grab one of those guys right after getting 1 of the top 8 rbs, but then I'd be left taking risks in later rounds.

Maybe I'll go RB, WR, RB, RB. And hope to get a combo of Ridley, Chris Johnson, MJD, McFadden or Wilson.

I'm going to really have to focus on how MJD McFadden and Wilson perform in training camp.
Old 07-15-2013, 09:10 PM   #6
Big_Dogg
Dunktacular

Big_Dogg is a pretty well-respected posterBig_Dogg is a pretty well-respected posterBig_Dogg is a pretty well-respected poster

Anyone got some advice for TE's this year, in my keeper league Gronk and Graham are obviously gone, Gonzales is retired and Hernandez is up shit creek so who would you be considering?

Last season I had Dennis Pitta and Scott Chandler as Witten was gone by the time I went to draft a TE, as I already have my keepers Pitta will go back to the draft pool but I thinking about Dustin Keller or Kellen Winslow.

Are these reasonable targets for this year or does anyone else have any suggestions on who I should be looking at in the later rounds?

Thx
Big_Dogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 09:23 PM   #7
jazz873
College star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big_Dogg
Anyone got some advice for TE's this year, in my keeper league Gronk and Graham are obviously gone, Gonzales is retired and Hernandez is up shit creek so who would you be considering?

Last season I had Dennis Pitta and Scott Chandler as Witten was gone by the time I went to draft a TE, as I already have my keepers Pitta will go back to the draft pool but I thinking about Dustin Keller or Kellen Winslow.

Are these reasonable targets for this year or does anyone else have any suggestions on who I should be looking at in the later rounds?

Thx
Cook, Finley, Myers
Old 07-16-2013, 10:38 AM   #8
Charlie Sheen
Local High School Star

Charlie Sheen has decent reputationCharlie Sheen has decent reputation

how you guys feelin bout big ben and antonio brown for 2013?
Charlie Sheen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 11:22 AM   #9
chosen_one6
Earned not given

chosen_one6 has a terrific reputationchosen_one6 has a terrific reputationchosen_one6 has a terrific reputationchosen_one6 has a terrific reputationchosen_one6 has a terrific reputationchosen_one6 has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big_Dogg

Thx

Jordan Cameron and Rob Housler.
chosen_one6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 11:43 AM   #10
Bano114
Lets go Kni....Giants!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie Sheen
how you guys feelin bout big ben and antonio brown for 2013?

It depends on your league format (how many teams, is it PPR?).

Antonio Brown becomes at least a little more valuable with Mike Wallace gone.

I expect him to be seeing more targets which means more receptions, more yards and maybe even more touch downs. He only had 5 last season so if you are considering him in a non PPR league I'd suggest staying away because he hasn't proven to be the type of player that can go off one week and win you a fantasy game.

In a PPR league however I think he will get enough use to be a solid flex player. Nothing suggests him being a starter in a 2 WR league, and if you draft him as such, expect to be behind in WR fantasy production week to week.

I expect Big Ben to do about the same as he always does in Fantasy. If your in a 10 or 12 team league, and he's your starter, expect to be on the bottom end in QB production from week to week among QB starters. He's not a top 10 QB in fantasy football, and I'd suggest grabbing one of the top 10 instead of him.

He also has the 17th easiest schedule among defenses that gave up the most points to QBs in fantasy football last season.

He's a QB that you can pick your spots with against certain match ups, but he's not more than a back up or a spot starter in a QB by committee type team.
Old 07-16-2013, 12:26 PM   #11
Charlie Sheen
Local High School Star

Quote:
It depends on your league format (how many teams, is it PPR?).

Antonio Brown becomes at least a little more valuable with Mike Wallace gone.

I expect him to be seeing more targets which means more receptions, more yards and maybe even more touch downs. He only had 5 last season so if you are considering him in a non PPR league I'd suggest staying away because he hasn't proven to be the type of player that can go off one week and win you a fantasy game.

In a PPR league however I think he will get enough use to be a solid flex player. Nothing suggests him being a starter in a 2 WR league, and if you draft him as such, expect to be behind in WR fantasy production week to week.

I expect Big Ben to do about the same as he always does in Fantasy. If your in a 10 or 12 team league, and he's your starter, expect to be on the bottom end in QB production from week to week among QB starters. He's not a top 10 QB in fantasy football, and I'd suggest grabbing one of the top 10 instead of him.

He also has the 17th easiest schedule among defenses that gave up the most points to QBs in fantasy football last season.

He's a QB that you can pick your spots with against certain match ups, but he's not more than a back up or a spot starter in a QB by committee type team.
good stuffs.
1 auction 1 standard both 12 teamers PPR.

Like Ben for the Auction league cuz im splittin qb money between 2 guys in the draft, passing top shelfers brees and arod. QBBC was the plan anyway
Old 07-16-2013, 08:03 PM   #12
jazz873
College star

Where are you guys selecting ray rice?
Old 07-16-2013, 10:00 PM   #13
Bano114
Lets go Kni....Giants!

Quote:
Where are you guys selecting ray rice?

In PPR first round for sure. I'd say he's definitely after AP, Foster and Doug Martin.

I would even take Jamaal Charles over him because Andy Reid loves to throw, which I feel Jamaal Charles will thrive off of in a biggg way. Alex Smith + Reid? Short throws all day.

So theres 4 of what I think the top 8 RBs are. I think Rice could go 5. Maybe 6 if you feel Spiller won't get hurt or split as many carriers as Rice would or if you like Lynch better in PPR...?

I could see him going at or inbetween the 5th-7th pick in the first round.
Old 07-20-2013, 11:22 AM   #14
Charlie Sheen
Local High School Star

yo bano...snake draft PPR scoring is WR WR gonna kill me in rounds 1 and 2? we playin madden for draft order....aint no way im getting a top 5 pick. gunning for megatron.

mendy...dmc...bush...cj...gore. thinkin i can find 2 starters in that group
Old 07-20-2013, 11:40 AM   #15
Bano114
Lets go Kni....Giants!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie Sheen
yo bano...snake draft PPR scoring is WR WR gonna kill me in rounds 1 and 2? we playin madden for draft order....aint no way im getting a top 5 pick. gunning for megatron.

mendy...dmc...bush...cj...gore. thinkin i can find 2 starters in that group

It can if you are not really careful. My view on this season is you need to grab 1 of the top 10 RBs to have a shot.

I think Gore is a top 10 RB in fantasy football, but I don't think he gets passed round 2, and if he does, hes gone without a doubt in the early 3rd round.

Stay away from Mendenhall and DMC.

In PPR Chris Johnson and Reggie Bush can be productive starters. Chris Johnson is a total risk though as he can either be the 15th best RB this season or the 5th. PPR and an improved offensive line should work in his favor. His ADP is in the 3rd round though so he's not a gurantee to get either.

Here's my advice if you want to take Calvin in the first round. Grab him and then go RB, RB in round 2 and 3. Try and get Gore or Mccoy and somebody like CJ?K, Stevan Ridley, or Matt Forte.

In the 4th round some very strong WR talent for PPR could still be there. Andre Johnson could drop, and he was a monster in PPR last season. If not guys like Cruz and Randall Cobb are great WR2s.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: