Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 07-10-2013, 08:57 PM   #16
Rake2204
5-time NBA All-Star

Default Re: Insidehoops old board

"FRANCIS says YAO is unproven so he doesn't wanna pass to him"

How 2003 is that thread title?

http://web.archive.org/web/200310031...ID=25205.topic

Runner Up: "Darius Miles.... Point guard?"

Also, page three of the link provided earlier produced this thread: http://web.archive.org/web/200310191...cID=8885.topic

Last edited by Rake2204 : 07-10-2013 at 09:02 PM.
Rake2204 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 09:18 PM   #17
Kblaze8855
Titles are overrated

Quote:
Video thread. Question. 357 18613 12/3/03 5:52 pm
by: kblaze888555 kblaze888555

357 post video topic I made...I dont remember a thing about.

And it appears I had 7000 posts september 2003.

Quote:
7000. 36 333 9/17/03 7:24 pm
by: Crazy Nba Fan kblaze888555

And I only have 10-11 on this board in 7 years.
Kblaze8855 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 09:32 PM   #18
kamil
Local High School Star

Quote:
And I would keep him away from Miami because Pat Riley is not a very liked coach, he places more emphasis on what a player can't do rather than what they can do, and quite honestly they have sorry fans for all their sports in Miami.

Oh, that was an AWESOME comment.

http://web.archive.org/web/200311290...art=21&stop=40
kamil is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 09:46 PM   #19
Dolphin
werewolfdolphin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kblaze8855
357 post video topic I made...I dont remember a thing about.

And it appears I had 7000 posts september 2003.

And I only have 10-11 on this board in 7 years.

Was Crazy NBA Fan the Canadian who claimed he had a scholarship to FSU? lol
Dolphin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 09:56 PM   #20
RoundMoundOfReb
Top 1 Basketball Mind

My only gripe with LEBRON is that from the dunks i have seen etc. HE is not really that athletic. NOt sure if he can do well in the pros..hope he does though.

Take over the league with a shoot-first mentality on a crappy team. Realises he isn't going to win championships that way after awhile, so changes his game. Basically I see him on the same par as Jerry Stackhouse.

Get off the wagon............he's not going to be a household name

He is not the most athletic, but he is a much better passer, rebounder, and shooter then those guys were. He has good size and pretty good athletic abilty even if it isn't top notch. He might not be a highlight reel, but neither are Paul Pierce or Tim Duncan

RoundMoundOfReb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 10:57 PM   #21
ReturnofJPR
Mirotic: Euro MVP '13

Basically me before I was banned (JordanPippenRodman), kblaze, GOBB, return of pdubbz and a few others owned the place...

There were about a 1/10 of the posters, much more in depth analysis, and more personal rivalries between posters.
ReturnofJPR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 12:56 AM   #22
PTstyle272
Decent playground baller

I've been around since 2000 when I was 13. Was pretty obsessed with the site back then lol.
PTstyle272 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 12:58 AM   #23
PTstyle272
Decent playground baller

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReturnofJPR
Basically me before I was banned (JordanPippenRodman), kblaze, GOBB, return of pdubbz and a few others owned the place...

There were about a 1/10 of the posters, much more in depth analysis, and more personal rivalries between posters.

Milesberg, Dunn Mattingly, baron05, wiltthestilt are same names that come to mind
PTstyle272 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 01:03 AM   #24
kentatm
NBA Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by PTstyle272
Milesberg, Dunn Mattingly, baron05, wiltthestilt are same names that come to mind

can't remember if I've seen him here lately but he still posts at dallasbasketball.com
kentatm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 03:14 AM   #25
Xover
Great young streetballer

Back when the internet was full of gems. Now it's a free for all, gotta dig through so much crap to find one decent diamond.
Xover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 03:21 AM   #26
Shade8780
ross

http://web.archive.org/web/200005200...om/boards.html

Quote:
Who are the 10 best players in the pros? Well I compiled a list of the best players in my opinion. I went by the facts.
The top 10 players today are...
1) Shaquille O'Neal - The man is twice the size of any other center and is getting better at his free throws.
2) Kevin Garnett - The most versitile player in the game, he can play any position on the floor and be effective. He's a guard trapped in a centers body at 7-1. Only player who averaged 20pts./10rebs./5asst. He can even shoot the trey. 3) Tim Duncan - He had a great rookie season, but he hasn't inproved much since. He has a great jumper and nice moves in the paint. He will be the best center some day. 4) Gary Payton - Gary is the best PG in the league. He does everything. He scores, he rebounds, he steals and he passes the ball like no other. He's still better than Kidd.
5) Chris Webber - The second most versitile forward in the league. He can pass very well out of the post and can shoot a 20ft jumper consistantly. Another 20pts./10rebs. and about 4 assists.
6) Grant Hill - Maybe the most underrated player out there behind Shareef. He is versitile by playing both guard spots and small forward. He gives you points and some rebounds and assists. NBA nice guy.
7) Jason Kidd - He isn't a great scorer, but he can rebound like a forward and center and he can pass. He has a great instinct for the game and has been and will be one of the best in the league for a long time.
8) Karl Malone - Malone is back in the top 10 for another year. He is howing some signs of age but not a lot. He can still play. Don't count on a title Karl.
9) Alonzo Mourning - Mourning is a solid player who can score and rebound and he can really block shots. He is a great undersized center and a great defensive player.
10) Shareef Abdur-Rahim - The most underrated player in the NBA and he score over 20 points a game and grabbed over 10 rebounds a game. He also dished out about 3 assists a game. I know a lot of starting guards (Allen Iverson) who don't pass the ball 3 times a game.
Honorable Mention - Vince Carter, Kobe Bryant, Allen Iverson, Eddie Jones and Allan Houston.

From 2000
Shade8780 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 03:35 AM   #27
28renyoy
Banned

August 2000
"why call yourself TWolvesFan, just call yourself one of the other nicknames you already use, like IhateTheLakers, LakerHater, AirCanada15, etc.

Stop bringing your annoying Kobe bashing to other topics, or perhaps the site will ban your annoying *** from posting altogether."

could literally just transfer it over until today
28renyoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 03:59 AM   #28
AirFederer
Bob Kåre

OT: Did anyone of you "oldtimers" follow the onhoops.com site in the mid to late nineties? Great site. I read it as an more true alternative to nba.com. Here in Norway (!) NBA coverage is and was so poor. During the 90ies it was better than now actually, I`m sure it was because of the Dream team/Bulls effect.

Sorry for hijacking thread
AirFederer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 04:13 AM   #29
BoutPractice
Both teams played hard

Wow. They had topics about OJ Mayo, 10 years ago.

Some funny/prescient thread titles from 2003:
- "Luol Deng just as good as LeBron James?"
- "Yao Ming will definitely injure himself at this rate"
- "Heres how BIASED and DUMB some of you posters are"
- "Jason Terry and LaBron seem to hate each other"
- "Doug Christie to write a book on Love"
- "Greg Ostertag v. Eric Montross"
- "Anyone watching the Euro championships"
- "Kobe couldnt have assaulted that broad"
- "Is the NCAA ready for James White?"
- "This years draft is going to be weak" (talking about 2003, choice cut: "it doesn't look too good for the draft, other than Lebron and maybe Carmelo Anthony i can't think of anyone else that may be all that great. i don't know too much about the other kid supposedly coming out of high school, Kedrick Perkin, but he is supposed to be pretty good", and "2006 draft will ROCK")
- "JJ Redick, Duke freshman, can 360 dunk"
- In a Rank the 2002 draftees thread: "1. Nickoloz Tskitishvili -- going out on a limb here. Just like MJ in '84 (c'mon, Hakeem was like Tim Duncan was when he was drafted), Kobe in '96 and Diggler in '98, I think the best player will end up being a surprise. I just keep coming back to this cat."
- "I now know why the Knicks suck". Inside: "I didn't want to admit it but the Knicks management don't know jack @#%$ about basketball." That about sums it up.
BoutPractice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 04:37 AM   #30
AKADS
National High School Star

Old board was amazing. Even when we first moved over it was good. but this board has gone down hill
AKADS is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: