Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 06-29-2013, 02:23 PM   #16
MTing
Where Brooklyn at?

MTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: BREAKING: Anrdei Kirilenko opts OUT of his contract!

Quote:
Originally Posted by It's A VC3!!!
i doubt ak becomes a net. he doesn't care about friendships, just straight money. he just turned down $10 million. that tells you that he wants a semi-large long-term deal.
He might be doing this to chase a ring. I don't think he'll be a Net either but teams aren't going to give him a big contract anymore, he's 32.
MTing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 02:25 PM   #17
kNIOKAS
Medium Rare

kNIOKAS is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekNIOKAS is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekNIOKAS is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekNIOKAS is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekNIOKAS is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekNIOKAS is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekNIOKAS is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekNIOKAS is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekNIOKAS is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekNIOKAS is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekNIOKAS is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

He's only 32!
He had 10 millions

Good for him. It's like he's revided and killed his career a couple of times already.
kNIOKAS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 02:33 PM   #18
Kiddlovesnets
NBA Superstar

Kiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation here

Hopefully the Nets get him. Have Kirilenko play at our starting SF is ideal with a rosters that have Paul Pierce and Joe Johnson at the same time. One of them will need to come off the bench to be our 6th man, its likely to be Pierce unless his ego prevents him from being a substitute.
Kiddlovesnets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 02:39 PM   #19
It's A VC3!!!
I will believe

It's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTing
He might be doing this to chase a ring. I don't think he'll be a Net either but teams aren't going to give him a big contract anymore, he's 32.
If our mini-mle can go to Korver or AK, I want Korver 10/10 times. Our bench needs shooters desperately. We know that Terry will phase in and out during the season and post-season and aside from him, our bench is composed of non-shooters. Having Jet and Korver would be very ideal. I still don't know why we wasted the MLE on Mirza. I don't think he fits in our plans at all.
It's A VC3!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 02:41 PM   #20
TheReturn
Rnbizzle 2.0

TheReturn is a pretty well-respected posterTheReturn is a pretty well-respected posterTheReturn is a pretty well-respected posterTheReturn is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by It's A VC3!!!
If our mini-mle can go to Korver or AK, I want Korver 10/10 times. Our bench needs shooters desperately. We know that Terry will phase in and out during the season and post-season and aside from him, our bench is composed of non-shooters. Having Jet and Korver would be very ideal. I still don't know why we wasted the MLE on Mirza. I don't think he fits in our plans at all.
Kililenko played great for them last season, he deserves more than that.
TheReturn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 02:52 PM   #21
It's A VC3!!!
I will believe

It's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReturn
Sure he does but can you name me how many teams will pay a 32 year old injury prone player the contract he "deserves"? AK missed 18 games last year. A number likely to increase next year and the following years after. Contenders are out of the equation. They can't pay him $5-10 million a year for multiple years. Lottery teams can but I'm not sure they have any reason to. Unless he wants to win a ring and accept much less money, it was foolish to opt out of a contract paying him $10 million next year. Unless his agent thinks he can get a multi-year deal double that.
Old 06-29-2013, 02:53 PM   #22
bdreason
Game. Set. Match.

bdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReturn

Funny how players always seem to show up in a contract year.
bdreason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 02:55 PM   #23
waseem780
Joel Embiid NextGreatC

waseem780 has decent reputation

Everyone's so busy with this no one realized his name is spelt wrong in the thread title
waseem780 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 02:56 PM   #24
niko
I Run NY.

niko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkfan
AK47 can always sign for mini-MLE with Brooklyn, and then after he retires get hired by the Nets in management.

As far as I can tell, there's no salary cap on how management gets paid.

AK47 to the Nets actually would be a great fit.

Williams, Pierce, Johnson, Garnett, Lopez, Evans, Blatche, AK47, Plumlee, and the other Euro they have. Not bad at all.

If he takes a small contract and then gets $4M a year as a consultant for the Nets next year, you think the league won't sanction them? Please. That stuff doesn't happen.
niko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 02:57 PM   #25
Kiddlovesnets
NBA Superstar

Kiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by niko
If he takes a small contract and then gets $4M a year as a consultant for the Nets next year, you think the league won't sanction them? Please. That stuff doesn't happen.

He does not have to benefit from the Nets FO immediately, it can be a long-term investment. A guaranteed Nets staff after retirement and possibly stockholder, it sounds attractive to me.
Kiddlovesnets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 03:01 PM   #26
niko
I Run NY.

niko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiddlovesnets
He does not have to benefit from the Nets FO immediately, it can be a long-term investment. A guaranteed Nets staff after retirement and possibly stockholder, it sounds attractive to me.
No one ever does this. We have tons of Billionaire owners and it doesn't ever happen. Why is that?

The Nets are not going to jepordize their future for a dirty deal with AK47, that's just stupid. If you got caught doing something like that, not even under the table but circumventing with money from outside you'd get penalties that might hurt you for 5-6 years in the future. For AK47 to be on your bench?
niko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 03:03 PM   #27
It's A VC3!!!
I will believe

niko is right. the nets would never ever do that. the league would cancel our picks for the next decade and fine mikhail $5 million. not worth it.
Old 06-29-2013, 03:17 PM   #28
Rowe
Scoring Champ

Rowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

He opted out because he was looking for one last longterm contract instead of taking the risk of injuries or his numbers dropping(Shabazz taking his minutes) and being forced to settle on 1 year deals. It has happened to plenty solid role players at the end of their careers after 14/15 seasons in the league.

So with that into account he's probably looking for a 3-4 year deal somewhere depending on the payout.

Brooklyn at 3/$10 Million isn't that bad of a choice if he is simply trying to win a Championship or pretend to compete for one. Its better than 3 years, $15 Million on some team like the Pistons.
Rowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 04:08 PM   #29
The JKidd Kid
Local High School Star

The JKidd Kid has not been impressing people

Quote:
Originally Posted by niko
No one ever does this. We have tons of Billionaire owners and it doesn't ever happen. Why is that?

The Nets are not going to jepordize their future for a dirty deal with AK47, that's just stupid. If you got caught doing something like that, not even under the table but circumventing with money from outside you'd get penalties that might hurt you for 5-6 years in the future. For AK47 to be on your bench?

Kirilenko used to play for a Russian team owned by Prokhorov, maybe he can sign with them for a big contract after the mini MLE expires. Theres nothing illegal about playing overseas. Not to mention that the two of them are very good friends and he could allways make it up to Kirelenko later.
The JKidd Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 06:52 PM   #30
Euroleague
I Feel Devotion

Euroleague has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by bagelred
http://www.startribune.com/sports/blogs/213690041.html

Surprises me. I don't think he'll get close to $10 million a year....but guess looking for long term security.

So he's an Unrestricted Free Agent now.

CSKA gave him a three year deal at $10 million per season. He can always re-sign with them.
Euroleague is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: