Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 06-29-2013, 11:42 AM   #1
The JKidd Kid
Local High School Star

The JKidd Kid has not been impressing people
Default Nets Not Done Yet

Mike Mazzeo @MazzESPN

Source: #Nets interested in another Jeff Schwartz client, Kyle Korver.

Kyle Korver is one of Deron Williams best friends and they played together back in Utah. He also has the same agent as Deron Williams, Jason Kidd and Paul Pierce, who were all crucial in getting KG to waive his no-trade clause. The Nets will be able to offer him the Mini-MLE of $3.1 mill.

Andray Blatche On Staying In Brooklyn:

"I like it here, I got my second chance here and Iím loyal to being here. We just have to see what happens. With the money situation, that makes it easier for me to stay here. I donít have to take nothing huge. I can take less. Itís going to be based on whatís best for me."

This team will be stacked from head to toe.
The JKidd Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 11:45 AM   #2
chips93
Very good NBA starter

chips93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterchips93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterchips93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterchips93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterchips93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterchips93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterchips93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterchips93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Nets Not Done Yet

blatche still gets paid by washington, because he was amnestied right?
chips93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 11:46 AM   #3
hawkfan
Jeff Teague Fan

hawkfan has not been impressing people

Quote:
Originally Posted by The JKidd Kid
Mike Mazzeo @MazzESPN

Source: #Nets interested in another Jeff Schwartz client, Kyle Korver.

Kyle Korver is one of Deron Williams best friends and they played together back in Utah. He also has the same agent as Deron Williams, Jason Kidd and Paul Pierce, who were all crucial in getting KG to waive his no-trade clause. The Nets will be able to offer him the Mini-MLE of $3.1 mill.

Andray Blatche On Staying In Brooklyn:

"I like it here, I got my second chance here and Iím loyal to being here. We just have to see what happens. With the money situation, that makes it easier for me to stay here. I donít have to take nothing huge. I can take less. Itís going to be based on whatís best for me."

This team will be stacked from head to toe.

Now way Korver is going to take the mini-MLE. No way.

He'll get 5-8 million next season, easily. Great shooter, great teammate and there are plenty of teams with cap space and that need shooters.

Anthony Morrow back to the Nets is more realistic, and would be a good fit. He played well there before.
hawkfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 11:49 AM   #4
SpurrDurr
Local High School Star

SpurrDurr has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkfan

He'll get 5-8 million next season, easily. Great shooter, great teammate and there are plenty of teams with cap space and that need shooters.

Anthony Morrow back to the Nets is more realistic, and would be a good fit. He played well there before.

He had a solid season last year but against Indiana in the 1st round of POs he was awul, he didn't even get to start in the last games.

8m per year for a guy that can only shoot 3s is too much imho.
SpurrDurr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 11:53 AM   #5
pegasus
ÄuroInU$A

pegasus is popular on this boardpegasus is popular on this boardpegasus is popular on this boardpegasus is popular on this board

I like Korver. He is a great shooter an all but he always disappears in the playoffs. He is not worth 5-8 mil a year. Redick is just as good a shooter and more versatile and confident.
pegasus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 11:54 AM   #6
It's A VC3!!!
I will believe

It's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by chips93
blatche still gets paid by washington, because he was amnestied right?
correct. blatche gets close to $9 million from the wizards.
It's A VC3!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 11:57 AM   #7
It's A VC3!!!
I will believe

It's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:

He can certainly get 5-8 million but realistically, playoff teams can't afford him and lottery teams can but why would they? Plus, he is great friends with Deron and Billy as well. Hopefully they can persuade him to take $3 million a year.

And as for Blatche, I knew he would remain a Net. The Nets would have his bird rights after next season and can offer him a larger multi-year contract.

Nets bench: Terry, Korver, Blatche, Plumlee.
Old 06-29-2013, 12:00 PM   #8
miles berg
MFFL

miles berg is considered somewhat coolmiles berg is considered somewhat cool

No one will pay Korver $5-$8 million lol.

Kyle Korver, get real.
miles berg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 12:03 PM   #9
The JKidd Kid
Local High School Star

Quote:

I dont see Korver getting a real contract. Hes gonna get either the MLE or Mini-MLE. No ones gonna use that much cap space on a spot up shooter that plays decent defense.

He also has a ton of incentives to join the Nets.
Old 06-29-2013, 12:20 PM   #10
Haymaker
College superstar

Haymaker is considered somewhat coolHaymaker is considered somewhat coolHaymaker is considered somewhat cool

Hopefully they get rid of CJ Watson and get a decent backup pg. Nate Robinson?
Haymaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 12:48 PM   #11
The JKidd Kid
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haymaker

CJ said he was probably gonna opt out and Terry could play back up PG worst case scenario.
Old 06-29-2013, 02:42 PM   #12
Kiddlovesnets
NBA Superstar

Kiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation here

I hope the Nets will get either Kirilenko or Korver, but my goodness we need young players off the bench too. Cant have the 7-8th man in your rotation as 30+ year old players, the lack of speed and athleticism can be so big of a problem. I am confident that the team will not be the other LA Lakers especially considering that we are playing in the East with so many weak tanking teams, but we need to do way better.
Kiddlovesnets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 02:46 PM   #13
It's A VC3!!!
I will believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haymaker
CJ is gone and Nate wants a multi-year deal starting at probably $5 million a year. We only have a mini-mle and its likely going to be used on Kyle Korver. I would like to see Taylor get some playing time because he's super fast and can play solid defense. The Nets did an atrocious job last year of developing players. Mirza, Marshon, and Taylor got very few spurts of playing time which were useless in developing them.
Old 06-29-2013, 02:46 PM   #14
TheReturn
Rnbizzle 2.0

TheReturn is a pretty well-respected posterTheReturn is a pretty well-respected posterTheReturn is a pretty well-respected posterTheReturn is a pretty well-respected poster

I want Korver back on my Bulls.
TheReturn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 02:48 PM   #15
Scholar
Gawdbe GOATsol Nashty

Scholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiddlovesnets
I hope the Nets will get either Kirilenko or Korver, but my goodness we need young players off the bench too. Cant have the 7-8th man in your rotation as 30+ year old players, the lack of speed and athleticism can be so big of a problem. I am confident that the team will not be the other LA Lakers especially considering that we are playing in the East with so many weak tanking teams, but we need to do way better.

This.

I do, however, think adding Kyle would be a smart move. He isn't worth $5 mill+, but he is worth having. The Nets seem to be using the same window of opportunity the Lakers THOUGHT they had. Maybe a good 2-3 yrs max. If that's the case, they might as well try and build a super team that will actually have chemistry since the two old guys know each other well (ala Kobe + Pau), there isn't a POS big man demanding the ball in the post when he has no moves (ala Dwight Howard), and their PG, though not a great defender, isn't as slow as a nearly 40 yr old in LA (aka Nash).
Scholar is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: