Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 06-29-2013, 01:46 PM   #16
SpurrDurr
Local High School Star

SpurrDurr has decent reputation
Default Re: F*** the Spurs

Quote:
Originally Posted by fpliii
I agree entirely, but there's been a lot of TD disrespect going around. A lot of the Parker love is agenda-driven. Definitely a top 10-15 player (I'm very stringent with the superstar tag, it only applies to like 3-5 players to me), but Duncan's defense almost won the series singlehandedly. LeBron/Wade couldn't drive the entire series!

No hate intended, I like Parker but agendas kill this board.

I know, it was the Kobe fans that were boosting TP performances with the goal of diminshing the role of Duncan in an eventual championship.

I also think that Duncan at 37 is still by far the most valuable player in SAS.
SpurrDurr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 01:59 PM   #17
Young X
College star

Young X is considered somewhat coolYoung X is considered somewhat cool

SA is lucky Westbrook got injured, they would've choked AGAIN against OKC.
Young X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 02:18 PM   #18
AT9
I hit open 5-footers

AT9 has no real reputation yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Young X
SA is lucky Westbrook got injured, they would've choked AGAIN against OKC.

I think most would say that OKC got worse after the Harden trade, or at least no better.

The Heat got better with the addition of Ray Allen.

The inferior Heat team last year beat the superior OKC team in 6.

The Spurs were one rebound or one free throw away from beating the superior Heat team in 6.

But somehow, they would have been beaten by OKC? Not sure your reasoning is on solid ground... I'm not saying it's a Spurs victory for sure, but the "if Westbrook was healthy the Spurs dot even make it to the Finals" line is getting old.
AT9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 02:25 PM   #19
Goldrush25
Local High School Star

Goldrush25 has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennethgriffin
refs blew the series on the no call with ginobili driving at the end of OT in game 6

could have made a make up call to atleast send it into double OT when bosh closelined green at the end

manu got hit 3 times before his 3rd step. a brutal mugging that turned into a miami title

they say the refs like to let the players decide the game by not calling fouls with the game on the line. but it gives the team with the lead a major advantage cause they know they can get away with murder... if it was any other time in the game ray allen would have just put a hand up. but he knew the refs would swallow their whistle so he hacked away as much as possible

thats not letting the players decide the game. the refs are deciding it by not calling a foul

spurs should have won that title.

ya they choked.. but they made up for it with a smart play by driving the ball inside. the refs didn't reward them for it

lebron made up for his choking with his game 7 shots

refs never let the spurs make up for theirs

You know what? You guys are a joke.

All I see on this board is how amazing and great the game was in the 80s and how you guys wish the refs called the game like they did in the 80s.

But when they swallow their whistles and the teams you want to win don't get calls, then you cry foul. They aren't calling that foul on Ginobili in the 80s. Can't have it both ways.
Goldrush25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 02:53 PM   #20
Mr. Incredible
Good college starter

Mr. Incredible has an OK reputation so far

Back-2-back

:d
Mr. Incredible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 06:29 PM   #21
HEAT111
ohh hohohohoh

HEAT111 has decent reputation

Quote:
so it was not a foul?

atleast be part of the people who say "ya it was a foul. but theyre not gonna call it with that much on the line"

my point is... them not calling it is like giving miami the title

it was the spurs 1 legit shot at beating miami

Leonard's shot on Miller's face? Parker's and Neal's flop against Lebron? I'd agree with if you'd have said the officiating was bad for both sides but Miami over came a great Spurs team and officials.

And don't bring up that Parker was injured crap, Wade had his knee drained again...
HEAT111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 06:34 PM   #22
Living Being
Entity of Existence

Living Being has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuff Said
Illegal substitution. Game shouldn't have even went to OT.
That dumb replay review gave Miami time to set their defense, though, so it's all even.
Living Being is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 07:58 PM   #23
iDunk
JC.IS.CA.AS.SD.TH.JS

iDunk has a terrific reputationiDunk has a terrific reputationiDunk has a terrific reputationiDunk has a terrific reputationiDunk has a terrific reputationiDunk has a terrific reputation

I'm seriously still bitter about this. You would think I'm a Spurs fan, but I really wanted them to pull it off. I'm still shocked at how game 6 went down.
iDunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 09:07 PM   #24
rmt
National High School Star

rmt is considered somewhat coolrmt is considered somewhat cool

I have never been sold on Parker being the best player on the Spurs. Kobe fans like to exaggerate saying that's so since 2007 but in reality, it's only after the PHX sweep in 2010 that Spurs officially handed the OFFENSIVE reins to TP (listen to Steve Kerr's interview - he was there when Pop did it). Even then, Parker is so easily deterred by a long defender or double-teaming and he's too small/doesn't pass well enough to make them pay for the double-team.

The DEFENSIVE side of the game has always belonged to Duncan and of course, the second most important player offensively. So, considering that 1/2 of the game is played on the defensive end, Duncan still is the most important player.

Unfortunately, Spurs messed up their chance to win in game 6. To me, the blame lies mostly on Pop and his decisions. Players will play how they will, but the coach is the one who makes the decision on how long the players play. He had too much faith in Manu (throughout the series) and not enough in Duncan (at the end of game 6). He played Manu too many minutes and didn't give enough to Diaw (who had a fine series) for the few minutes he played. Only Diaw could get Duncan the ball in the post.

Pop had the whole season to incorporate Leonard into the offense - instead he had too much faith that Manu would be Manu come playoff time if he wasn't injured. Leonard should have been part of Spurs' big 3 instead of camping in the corner waiting for a 3. That saying, Spurs overachieved (Duncan, Leonard and Green played above expected) and Lebron choked. He could have done what he was doing in game 7 the whole series long but was afraid/not confident of his outside shot. Series really shouldn't have gone 7.

I am unhappy with the result but know that if, at the beginning of the season, someone had said Spurs and Heat play a game 7, I'd have signed up for that. Lebron should send Pop some flowers because his whole legacy changed because of the decisions made at the end of game 6. A coach of Pop's experience should never lose a game up 5 with 28 seconds left.
rmt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 09:14 PM   #25
Haymaker
College star

Haymaker has decent reputationHaymaker has decent reputation

They tried. I won't hate them. They took the most stacked team in recent memory to 7 games and had the series won for a couple of seconds in game six. Not bad for a bunch of 30 something grandpas.
Haymaker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 09:17 PM   #26
imdaman99
Knicks all da way

imdaman99 is considered somewhat coolimdaman99 is considered somewhat coolimdaman99 is considered somewhat cool

for real, spurs had the heat on the ropes in game 6. they didnt even go for the jugular.
fck them for screwing up my summer
imdaman99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 09:24 PM   #27
Human Error
Proves idiots wrong

Human Error is starting to rub some people the wrong wayHuman Error is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Quote:
so it was not a foul?

atleast be part of the people who say "ya it was a foul. but theyre not gonna call it with that much on the line"

my point is... them not calling it is like giving miami the title

it was the spurs 1 legit shot at beating miami
It wasn't a foul, you stupid biatch. If that was a foul, each team should average 100+ FT's per game.
Human Error is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 09:32 PM   #28
DMV2
Keep on Rockin in...

DMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

The more I think about it, the more I realized the better team won. Sure Pop and Spurs choked Game 6 but maybe it was just meant to be.

This series was very very similar to Celtics-Lakers 2010 series.

In the 2010 series, Rondo was probably the Celtics MVP posting up 13 PPG, 6 RPG ad 7 APG. But his numbers weren't that convincing. While with the Lakers it was clearly Kobe by the end of Game 5, he was also the best player in the series.

In this series, Duncan was only averaging 13 and 13 after Game 5, probably the Spurs MVP. He finally became their MVP after Game 6. Whereas with the Heat, LeBron didn't play his best through the first 4 games but statistically he was posting a near triple double with an 18 PPG. He was the Heat's best player most of the time, and overall best player in the series.

Both scenarios, the team with the best player in the series ended up winning the series.

The NBA has been a superstar league for over 30 years now, and most of the time, the team with the best player(whether it be best overall player, best playoff player) win the chip. Once in a blue moon, we'll see a 2004 Pistons type team.

Last edited by DMV2 : 06-29-2013 at 09:34 PM.
DMV2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 10:24 PM   #29
alleykat
High school junior varsity star

alleykat has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
refs blew the series on the no call with ginobili driving at the end of OT in game 6

could have made a make up call to atleast send it into double OT when bosh closelined green at the end

manu got hit 3 times before his 3rd step. a brutal mugging that turned into a miami title

they say the refs like to let the players decide the game by not calling fouls with the game on the line. but it gives the team with the lead a major advantage cause they know they can get away with murder... if it was any other time in the game ray allen would have just put a hand up. but he knew the refs would swallow their whistle so he hacked away as much as possible

thats not letting the players decide the game. the refs are deciding it by not calling a foul

spurs should have won that title.

ya they choked.. but they made up for it with a smart play by driving the ball inside. the refs didn't reward them for it

lebron made up for his choking with his game 7 shots

refs never let the spurs make up for theirs

Spurs got away with Timmy subbing in without a timeout....should have been a tech, yet spurs had another chance in OT...

Sorry bruh, shouldn't have even hit OT
alleykat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 10:44 PM   #30
tazb
HoFx3+1

tazb posts stuff that is definitely making some people angrytazb posts stuff that is definitely making some people angrytazb posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry

Haters still talking about how the refs favoured the Heat?

Just in case you missed the thread: http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=305236

Quote:
In all of NBA playoff history, not just the Finals, no team has ever attempted fewer free throws in a seven-game series than Miamiís 118 against San Antonio.

Spurs had 40 MORE freethrows than the Heat. That's in all of NBA PLAYOFF HISTORY, not just the Finals. Miami had to beat the Spurs AND the refs.
tazb is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: