Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 06-30-2013, 03:04 AM   #1
Connor B
High School Varsity 6th Man

Connor B has an OK reputation so far
Default Explain why Dwight would stay in L.A.? He has no reason to.

Why would Dwight stay in a situation where A) he doesn't like the coach or the coach's system, B) gets no appreciation or understanding from the fans, his fellow players, or even the ownership for having a bad year even though he was told after his back surgery he might not ever play again, and C) plays with a guy who is unwilling to give up the title of it being his team. Not to mention D) shitty bench, and E) injuries galore for everyone else.

This is not a knock at anyone necessarily, I have nothing against L.A. fans, like Kobe, in fact I'd place most of the blame on D'Antoni and Jim Buss.

So tell me, why the **** would Dwight stay in L.A.? Because its the Lakers and because the weather is great? That's not good enough.
Connor B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 03:12 AM   #2
DetroitPistonFan
High School JV MVP

DetroitPistonFan has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Explain why Dwight would stay in L.A.? He has no reason to.

Big market. It's Los Angeles. Every player loves L.A. And I hate that. It's good enough for your favorite NBA player to have a house out there. Dwight also wants to pursue acting.
DetroitPistonFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 03:12 AM   #3
kuniva_dAMiGhTy
The First School

kuniva_dAMiGhTy has an incredible reputation herekuniva_dAMiGhTy has an incredible reputation herekuniva_dAMiGhTy has an incredible reputation herekuniva_dAMiGhTy has an incredible reputation herekuniva_dAMiGhTy has an incredible reputation herekuniva_dAMiGhTy has an incredible reputation herekuniva_dAMiGhTy has an incredible reputation herekuniva_dAMiGhTy has an incredible reputation here

Assuming winning is his main priority, there is no reason. LA's current management, players and coaching staff are ****ing horrible.
kuniva_dAMiGhTy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 04:14 AM   #4
G-Funk
Palm Trees & Gangsters

G-Funk has decent reputation

if he wants to win a ring, only problem is the damn coach
G-Funk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 04:14 AM   #5
StocktonFan
Banned

StocktonFan has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuniva_dAMiGhTy
Assuming winning is his main priority, there is no reason. LA's current management, players and coaching staff are ****ing horrible.

wtf, you havnt even given them a full season...
StocktonFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 04:15 AM   #6
G-Funk
Palm Trees & Gangsters

G-Funk has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by StocktonFan
this
G-Funk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 04:23 AM   #7
Lakers_Kobe_Fan
NBA sixth man of the year

Lakers_Kobe_Fan has a bad reputationLakers_Kobe_Fan has a bad reputationLakers_Kobe_Fan has a bad reputationLakers_Kobe_Fan has a bad reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Connor B
Why would Dwight stay in a situation where A) he doesn't like the coach or the coach's system, B) gets no appreciation or understanding from the fans, his fellow players, or even the ownership for having a bad year even though he was told after his back surgery he might not ever play again, and C) plays with a guy who is unwilling to give up the title of it being his team. Not to mention D) shitty bench, and E) injuries galore for everyone else.

This is not a knock at anyone necessarily, I have nothing against L.A. fans, like Kobe, in fact I'd place most of the blame on D'Antoni and Jim Buss.

So tell me, why the **** would Dwight stay in L.A.? Because its the Lakers and because the weather is great? That's not good enough.

Door is open... U can GTFO dwight howard if u r not interested in signing with Lakers
Lakers_Kobe_Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 04:30 AM   #8
kuniva_dAMiGhTy
The First School

kuniva_dAMiGhTy has an incredible reputation herekuniva_dAMiGhTy has an incredible reputation herekuniva_dAMiGhTy has an incredible reputation herekuniva_dAMiGhTy has an incredible reputation herekuniva_dAMiGhTy has an incredible reputation herekuniva_dAMiGhTy has an incredible reputation herekuniva_dAMiGhTy has an incredible reputation herekuniva_dAMiGhTy has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by StocktonFan

They won't have a "full season" with Kobe being sidelined for half the year.
kuniva_dAMiGhTy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 04:38 AM   #9
INDI
Local High School Star

INDI has no real reputation yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Connor B

Because he would be leaving 30 mil on the table. Thats why
INDI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 04:49 AM   #10
b1imtf
raep tiem

b1imtf is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableb1imtf is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableb1imtf is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableb1imtf is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableb1imtf is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableb1imtf is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableb1imtf is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableb1imtf is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableb1imtf is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableb1imtf is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableb1imtf is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by INDI
Because he would be leaving 30 mil on the table. Thats why
And let's not forget the mouths he has to feed
b1imtf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 04:55 AM   #11
COnDEMnED
Local High School Star

COnDEMnED is considered somewhat coolCOnDEMnED is considered somewhat coolCOnDEMnED is considered somewhat cool

Truthfully, I wouldn't blame him for leaving L.A. When I was younger I played baseball for almost a decade, and when the season was over I played in the fall leagues to keep conditioning and practice. On one of those teams I had a coach that was so out of control, I quit the team after a game. I missed a foul tip catch as a catcher, and when the inning was over he grabbed my jersey and slammed me up against the dugout fence and verbally reamed me a new one. Spit in my face and all. After the game was over I packed all my gear up, told him to go **** himself and I quit. I realize that's not exactly the same situation with Dwight, but I would be a hypocrite if I said I wished he would stay in a situation he didn't want to be in. Personally, I don't believe D'Antoni will use Dwight the way he should be used. No hard feelings if he leaves. Whatever team he goes too will be blessed to have him. I'm sure he will be close to being his normal self again before the surgery.
COnDEMnED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 06:54 AM   #12
hon hon hon eat snails

9512 has decent reputation9512 has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by COnDEMnED
Truthfully, I wouldn't blame him for leaving L.A. When I was younger I played baseball for almost a decade, and when the season was over I played in the fall leagues to keep conditioning and practice. On one of those teams I had a coach that was so out of control, I quit the team after a game. I missed a foul tip catch as a catcher, and when the inning was over he grabbed my jersey and slammed me up against the dugout fence and verbally reamed me a new one. Spit in my face and all. After the game was over I packed all my gear up, told him to go **** himself and I quit. I realize that's not exactly the same situation with Dwight, but I would be a hypocrite if I said I wished he would stay in a situation he didn't want to be in. Personally, I don't believe D'Antoni will use Dwight the way he should be used. No hard feelings if he leaves. Whatever team he goes too will be blessed to have him. I'm sure he will be close to being his normal self again before the surgery.

9512 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: