Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 06-29-2013, 12:38 PM   #1
fpliii
LA Lakers Est. 1960

fpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default What if the Spurs sign Bynum + Iggy this offseason?

I'm not sure if this is even possible financially, but what if they pull it off? Think they'd be suitably reloaded for next year? What if it's just one or the other?
fpliii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 12:41 PM   #2
cotdt
Dishonest, awful excuse of a fan

cotdt has not been impressing people
Default Re: What if the Spurs sign Bynum + Iggy this offseason?

championship.
cotdt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 12:42 PM   #3
AT9
I hit open 5-footers

AT9 has no real reputation yet.

What gives you this idea to begin with? Pretty sure the Spurs aren't in a financial position to sign two, or even one, major free agent. It would only happen through a trade.

That being said, can you imagine a healthy Bynum under Duncan's mentorship for a couple years? It could continue the passing of the SA big man torch. Wishful and fun thinking.
AT9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 12:46 PM   #4
TMT
#1 Spurs Fan

TMT has an incredible reputation hereTMT has an incredible reputation hereTMT has an incredible reputation hereTMT has an incredible reputation hereTMT has an incredible reputation hereTMT has an incredible reputation hereTMT has an incredible reputation here

With what $$$?
TMT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 12:46 PM   #5
Haymaker
College star

Haymaker has decent reputationHaymaker has decent reputation

It's okay to dream.
Haymaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 12:47 PM   #6
fpliii
LA Lakers Est. 1960

fpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by AT9
What gives you this idea to begin with? Pretty sure the Spurs aren't in a financial position to sign two, or even one, major free agent. It would only happen through a trade.

That being said, can you imagine a healthy Bynum under Duncan's mentorship for a couple years? It could continue the passing of the SA big man torch. Wishful and fun thinking.

Sports radio, message board posters, blogs, and those ESPN 5-on-5 columns. In a nutshell, nothing of credibility. I probably should've looked at your cap situation before posting, but I jumped the gun.
fpliii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 12:49 PM   #7
Haymaker
College star

But seriously, they should aim for Reddick/Iggy + Dalembert/Kaman let go of Splitter and sign Manu for peanuts.
Old 06-29-2013, 12:50 PM   #8
Junker
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Junker has an OK reputation so far

Yeah I would definitely like to see how Bynum would do under the system, coaching of Pop & mentorship from Duncan.
Junker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 12:53 PM   #9
TMT
#1 Spurs Fan

TMT has an incredible reputation hereTMT has an incredible reputation hereTMT has an incredible reputation hereTMT has an incredible reputation hereTMT has an incredible reputation hereTMT has an incredible reputation hereTMT has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haymaker
But seriously, they should aim for Reddick/Iggy + Dalembert/Kaman let go of Splitter and sign Manu for peanuts.

Maybe 5 years ago.

Splitter will come back, let's face it we aren't going to get a much better proven big at his price. Manu should come back but he should realize that at his current level of play he needs to take a decent pay decrease.
TMT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 01:01 PM   #10
SpurrDurr
Local High School Star

SpurrDurr has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by fpliii
Sports radio, message board posters, blogs, and those ESPN 5-on-5 columns. In a nutshell, nothing of credibility. I probably should've looked at your cap situation before posting, but I jumped the gun.

They have the entire roaster (except Manu) of the 2012/2013 seson signed for 41m next year.

They paid Jackson 10m and Manu 14m in the past season, now their contracts are expired and only Gino will be back with a big paycut.

So they have some room for signing a good player. I hope they will go after Millsap.
SpurrDurr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 01:02 PM   #11
Haymaker
College star

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMT
Maybe 5 years ago.

Splitter will come back, let's face it we aren't going to get a much better proven big at his price. Manu should come back but he should realize that at his current level of play he needs to take a decent pay decrease.

What about our SG woes? Pop must understand that he can't count on Manu anymore and Green is limited. We need an Iggy or Reddick. Iggy might come too expensive so Reddick is a better more realistic option.
Old 06-29-2013, 01:05 PM   #12
Haymaker
College star

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpurrDurr
They have the entire roaster (except Manu) of the 2012/2013 seson signed for 41m next year.

They paid Jackson 10m and Manu 14m in the past season, now their contracts are expired and only Gino will be back with a big paycut.

So they have some room for signing a good player. I hope they will go after Millsap.
We don't need Millsap, we need height. Someone to help Duncan in the paint. Millsap is versatile but not a defensive threat or an inside scorer.
Old 06-29-2013, 01:10 PM   #13
SpurrDurr
Local High School Star

SpurrDurr has decent reputation

Quote:
We don't need Millsap, we need height. Someone to help Duncan in the paint. Millsap is versatile but not a defensive threat or an inside scorer.

He is way better than Splitter and i bet he ll cost about the same of Tiago considering his new contract.

Other than him there is Smith, Bynum , Howard and Jefferson.
I don't see any of them going to SA.
SpurrDurr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 02:18 PM   #14
Haymaker
College star

Is it me or Spurs fans are part of the select few that can debate basketball without insulting each other?
Old 06-29-2013, 02:25 PM   #15
SCdac
NBA sixth man of the year

SCdac has a terrific reputationSCdac has a terrific reputationSCdac has a terrific reputationSCdac has a terrific reputationSCdac has a terrific reputationSCdac has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Is it me or Spurs fans are part of the select few that can debate basketball without insulting each other?

What!? **** you!!

haha kidding... for real though, I'd prefer an Iguodala type over a Milsap too. Paul can score, agreed he's a bit undersized. Andre off the bench or in the starting lineup next to Kawhi would be really nice.
SCdac is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: