Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 06-29-2013, 12:05 PM   #46
cos88
Banned

Default Re: How far will Brooklyn go next year? Post ur guess here and ill bump this in June '14

3rd seed / ecf
cos88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 12:08 PM   #47
Young X
College star

Default Re: How far will Brooklyn go next year? Post ur guess here and ill bump this in June '14

ECF
Young X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 12:13 PM   #48
jimmy77x
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by It's A VC3!!!
Although the team is still going to hopefully add a few more pieces like Kyle Korver and Andray Blatche, I believe that the Nets will finish 59-23. If we had just gotten KG and Terry we would have been better off. I think having Pierce really screws things up because Deron, Joe and Brook all need the ball in their hands and I don't know if Kidd knows what to run and when to run it so that everybody is happy.

My prediction: 3rd seed and an ECF appearance against the Miami Heat. They will lose to the Heat in 6 though.

Also, it's amazing how far the Nets have come in these two short years in Brooklyn. Some of the posts in the thread predict that the Nets will be NBA champions and others say they will reach the ECF.
Even some Vegas odds have the Nets chances for a championship at 10:1, right behind the Heat and Thunder, respectively.

jimmy77x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 12:17 PM   #49
The JKidd Kid
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmy77x

Honestly, the best part of all of this is watching the scared Knicks fans trying to hold back their tears after bashing the Nets all last season.
The JKidd Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 12:22 PM   #50
It's A VC3!!!
I will believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by niko
4th or 5th in east, 2nd round. Injuries are going to kill them, Lopez is having his screw fixed in his foot and is now out two months already, it's fine but it's not a positive sign. And he's the young one. JJ, Pierce, Garnett were all nursing injuries last year at playoff time. They just feel like too many dominos could easily fall and hurt them. I think all of us would be much more positive on them if we didn't see the Lakers implode last year.

Vegas odds mean nothing, a team like the Nets (Lakers, etc.) will always have better odds than the Grizzlies because they want to stimualte betting on them and more people bet on name teams. I often see people quote odds as real chance a team has, that's not the point of setting odds.
So what if your wrong and the nets are fully healthy entering the playoffs? What will they do then?
It's A VC3!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 12:25 PM   #51
jimmy77x
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by The JKidd Kid
Honestly, the best part of all of this is watching the scared Knicks fans trying to hold back their tears after bashing the Nets all last season.

The funny part about this is hearing how the nets will be so much better like like last year. 60 win team? really ? so they will transform to 08 celtics now?
jimmy77x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 12:28 PM   #52
It's A VC3!!!
I will believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmy77x
The funny part about this is hearing how the nets will be so much better like like last year. 60 win team? really ? so they will transform to 08 celtics now?
Not going to argue with an idiot but let's just do simple concept... The nets two starters that left are Gerald Wallace and Reggie Evans. The two starters replacing them are Paul pierce and Kevin Garnett .. Now with have Jason terry off the bench... You tell me the difference...
Old 06-29-2013, 12:36 PM   #53
All Net
Twitter-@AllNetSports

59 WINS would be 3rd seed? really?
All Net is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 12:39 PM   #54
chips93
Very good NBA starter

conference semis

heat are clearly better, and the bulls and pacers should be better
chips93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 12:44 PM   #55
The JKidd Kid
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by chips93
conference semis

heat are clearly better, and the bulls and pacers should be better

They won the same amount of games as the Pacers last year and they swept the season series. So no, the Pacers wont be better.
The JKidd Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 12:45 PM   #56
SilkkTheShocker
RAY ALLEN FOR 3..BANG!

2nd round exits. And lmao at VC3 predicting 59 wins. Dude is such a homer
SilkkTheShocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 12:45 PM   #57
Kingwillball
3-time NBA All-Star

I think they lose in conf semi finals. Don't see them leapfrogging pacers or Bulls getting to ECF and certainly not Miami.
Kingwillball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 01:04 PM   #58
It's A VC3!!!
I will believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by All Net
59 WINS would be 3rd seed? really?
with a healthy bulls roster, 59 wins would be a third seed. the heat with get 63-68 and be in 1st, and bulls 60 wins, leaving the nets with 59 in the third seed.
Old 06-29-2013, 01:22 PM   #59
Doranku
NBA sixth man of the year

Probably 2nd round. They have the potential and the talent, but I think they'll have injuries come May.
Doranku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 01:30 PM   #60
niko
I Run NY.

[quote=It's A VC3!!!]So what if your wrong and the nets are fully healthy entering the playoffs? What will they do then?[/QUOTE)

ECF / Finals contender. That's a big IF though.
niko is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: