Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 06-29-2013, 06:17 AM   #31
SpaceJammeR
Don't Hate, Heat

Default Re: How far will Brooklyn go next year? Post ur guess here and ill bump this in June '14

3rd seed and will prolly lose in 2nd round or ECF to miami. garnett will make this team a lot better and tougher.
SpaceJammeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 10:46 AM   #32
It's A VC3!!!
I will believe

Default Re: How far will Brooklyn go next year? Post ur guess here and ill bump this in June '14

Although the team is still going to hopefully add a few more pieces like Kyle Korver and Andray Blatche, I believe that the Nets will finish 59-23. If we had just gotten KG and Terry we would have been better off. I think having Pierce really screws things up because Deron, Joe and Brook all need the ball in their hands and I don't know if Kidd knows what to run and when to run it so that everybody is happy.

My prediction: 3rd seed and an ECF appearance against the Miami Heat. They will lose to the Heat in 6 though.

Also, it's amazing how far the Nets have come in these two short years in Brooklyn. Some of the posts in the thread predict that the Nets will be NBA champions and others say they will reach the ECF.
Even some Vegas odds have the Nets chances for a championship at 10:1, right behind the Heat and Thunder, respectively.
It's A VC3!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 10:56 AM   #33
Human Error
Proves idiots wrong

1. Miami 60~65 wins
2. Brooklyn 52~57 wins
3. Indiana 50~55 wins
4. Chicago 48~53 wins
Human Error is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 10:59 AM   #34
poido123
Cameron Bairstow!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEFT4DEAD
According to this post, Heat will finish 4th on the East next season. You heard it hier first folks.

It's just a prediction and one in which I believe can happen

Even after winning the last two years, Heat don't convince me with a fully healthy Eastern conference...
poido123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 11:01 AM   #35
Human Error
Proves idiots wrong

Quote:
Originally Posted by poido123
Eastern conference finals Nets vs Bulls

Bulls knock off Heat in second round

Nets knock off Pacers second round

Nets 3rd seed

Bulls 1st seed
So you think Miami will finish 4th or 5th in East(1st seed team and 2nd seed team cannot meet before ECF)?? Drop dead you freaking idiot. 닭대가리새끼
Human Error is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 11:09 AM   #36
hawkfan
Jeff Teague Fan

Second round.
Pacers and Heat back in the Finals, so long as Granger comes back healthy.
hawkfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 11:13 AM   #37
poido123
Cameron Bairstow!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Human Error
So you think Miami will finish 4th or 5th in East(1st seed team and 2nd seed team cannot meet before ECF)?? Drop dead you freaking idiot. 닭대가리새끼

Since you want to get technical with me, how bout Heat finish 1st seed, nets 3rd seed Bulls 4th seed and Pacers 2nd seed.

I dont know why you are getting so upset over a stupid prediction, I didnt put much thought into it and was more looking at matchup possibilities

Last edited by poido123 : 06-29-2013 at 11:18 AM.
poido123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 11:35 AM   #38
niko
I Run NY.

4th or 5th in east, 2nd round. Injuries are going to kill them, Lopez is having his screw fixed in his foot and is now out two months already, it's fine but it's not a positive sign. And he's the young one. JJ, Pierce, Garnett were all nursing injuries last year at playoff time. They just feel like too many dominos could easily fall and hurt them. I think all of us would be much more positive on them if we didn't see the Lakers implode last year.

Vegas odds mean nothing, a team like the Nets (Lakers, etc.) will always have better odds than the Grizzlies because they want to stimualte betting on them and more people bet on name teams. I often see people quote odds as real chance a team has, that's not the point of setting odds.
niko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 11:38 AM   #39
All Net
Twitter-@AllNetSports

Joe Johnson turned 32 today...can't believe he's that old now.
All Net is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 11:44 AM   #40
francesco totti
Decent college freshman

I can honestly see carmelo drop 50 points on that team.
francesco totti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 11:46 AM   #41
Uncle Drew
NBA lottery pick

Lottery team. /Shadycurse

No, 2nd round exit.
Uncle Drew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 11:52 AM   #42
B4llin
High school junior varsity star

One of PP or KG will get injured and out for a chunk of the season you watch.
B4llin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 11:53 AM   #43
B4llin
High school junior varsity star

Quote:
Originally Posted by francesco totti
I can honestly see carmelo drop 50 points on that team.

From 130 shots?
B4llin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 11:58 AM   #44
Anaximandro1
High School Starter

ECSF ??
Anaximandro1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 12:00 PM   #45
The JKidd Kid
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by niko
4th or 5th in east, 2nd round. Injuries are going to kill them, Lopez is having his screw fixed in his foot and is now out two months already, it's fine but it's not a positive sign. And he's the young one. JJ, Pierce, Garnett were all nursing injuries last year at playoff time. They just feel like too many dominos could easily fall and hurt them. I think all of us would be much more positive on them if we didn't see the Lakers implode last year.

Vegas odds mean nothing, a team like the Nets (Lakers, etc.) will always have better odds than the Grizzlies because they want to stimualte betting on them and more people bet on name teams. I often see people quote odds as real chance a team has, that's not the point of setting odds.

The best part about the trade is that even if KG goes down we can just start Reggie like last year and if pierce goes down then we can move Joe to the 3 and start Terry. Then we still have a better starting 5 than last year. Also, Paul Pierce and KG both played more games than Melo last year.
The JKidd Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: