Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 06-28-2013, 07:20 PM   #1
Bano114
Lets go Kni....Giants!

Bano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation here
Default Does anyone else feel the Celtics roster is better than given credit?

The way I see it, the Celtics roster has a star player in Rajon Rondo, a great young defender and player in Bradley and Jeff Green, who has good potential, and with Pierce out of the way has an opportunity to play up to his potential.

Those are 3 players I'd be happy to start a rebuild with. Add Kelly Olynyk in to the mix who I think can be a solid contributor, and the Celtics are in a decent position heading in to next year.

Their back court is set with Rondo and Bradley with Brooks off the bench. I strongly believe Green can be really well at the SF also.

I think this team is a front court away from competing. Humphries is not the answer at PF and they need a C as well.

If the Celtics could grab some good front court starters I feel like they already have the pieces in place to make a run at the play offs in the east.

Add 4 future firsts + their own draft picks on to that?

Don't be so worried Celtics fans. I feel your rebuild will be very successful.
Bano114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 07:22 PM   #2
ciaguy23
Can barely lace up my sneakers

ciaguy23 has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Does anyone else feel the Celtics roster is better than given credit?

I couldn't agree more......there aren't that bad and another move or two could be a playoff team. I hate to say it, but I think josh smith is a
Lock.
ciaguy23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 07:23 PM   #3
Kevin_Garnett_5
College star

Kevin_Garnett_5 is popular on this boardKevin_Garnett_5 is popular on this boardKevin_Garnett_5 is popular on this boardKevin_Garnett_5 is popular on this boardKevin_Garnett_5 is popular on this board
Default Re: Does anyone else feel the Celtics roster is better than given credit?

The roster is horrible. But with all the draft picks we have I could care less. Danny got the assets he needed from an aging KG and Pierce.
Kevin_Garnett_5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 07:24 PM   #4
ihatetimthomas
NBA Superstar

ihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

They got picks, which is exactly what you want in rebuilding. But I disagree about the roster assessment. They have no scoring at all. Green is not a #1 option. He never will be either. They are paper thin down low and there wont be top free agents flocking to sign with them.

Future looks ok, but current team sucks and unlikely will make the playoffs. Some nice players but hardly enough. Scoring will be a huge problem.
ihatetimthomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 07:25 PM   #5
Bano114
Lets go Kni....Giants!

Bano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by ciaguy23
I couldn't agree more......there aren't that bad and another move or two could be a playoff team. I hate to say it, but I think josh smith is a
Lock.

I was thinking he might be a target of theres as well. Al Jefferson would be a great pick up if they have the cap space, and if a contract for him doesn't get in the way of re signing their younger guys to deals.
Old 06-28-2013, 07:26 PM   #6
bagelred
Weird

bagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=305894
bagelred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 07:27 PM   #7
Bano114
Lets go Kni....Giants!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihatetimthomas
They got picks, which is exactly what you want in rebuilding. But I disagree about the roster assessment. They have no scoring at all. Green is not a #1 option. He never will be either. They are paper thin down low and there wont be top free agents flocking to sign with them.

Future looks ok, but current team sucks and unlikely will make the playoffs. Some nice players but hardly enough. Scoring will be a huge problem.

Agreed about the scoring and Green being a #1. He is still a nice piece. Brooks could provide some scoring help off the bench and I feel like Rondo gets to the rim well enough to get his, but a legit scoring threat is a must on top of a Front Court.
Old 06-28-2013, 07:27 PM   #8
CanYouDigIt
Banned

CanYouDigIt has one of the lowest reputations on this boardCanYouDigIt has one of the lowest reputations on this boardCanYouDigIt has one of the lowest reputations on this boardCanYouDigIt has one of the lowest reputations on this boardCanYouDigIt has one of the lowest reputations on this boardCanYouDigIt has one of the lowest reputations on this board

Rondo
Bradley
Green
Smith
Olynyk

looks like a good starting line-up to me.

Add in the players Celtics got from Brooklyn makes good contributors off the bench. Op is right, Boston looks straight.
CanYouDigIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 07:29 PM   #9
Levity
Dale, you giblet head!

Levity has an incredible reputation hereLevity has an incredible reputation hereLevity has an incredible reputation hereLevity has an incredible reputation hereLevity has an incredible reputation hereLevity has an incredible reputation hereLevity has an incredible reputation here

Did they indeed get brooks in the deal? If so, then yeah it is better than originally thought. Brooks was great his rookie year, but didnt get consistent burn this past season, therefore not improving his game at all. I dont know if thats because hes really not that good or maybe he just needs a coach who can and wants to develop him.
Levity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 07:29 PM   #10
Human Error
Proves idiots wrong

Human Error is starting to rub some people the wrong wayHuman Error is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Lol only only true idiots would think the Celtics have a good team. They would be lucky to win 30 games next season.
Human Error is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 07:31 PM   #11
Kevin_Garnett_5
College star

Kevin_Garnett_5 is popular on this boardKevin_Garnett_5 is popular on this boardKevin_Garnett_5 is popular on this boardKevin_Garnett_5 is popular on this boardKevin_Garnett_5 is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Human Error
Lol only only true idiots would think the Celtics have a good team. They would be lucky to win 30 games next season.
In what way would winning 30 games be lucky? I'd much rather with 15 games and have a chance at a top Draft pick. Being in the 30 win range is the worst case scenario.
Kevin_Garnett_5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 07:32 PM   #12
Bano114
Lets go Kni....Giants!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Human Error

Hmm. Good insight. Your argument totally has me convinced I was wrong.
Old 06-28-2013, 07:34 PM   #13
Real Men Wear Green
BathFrog of Doom

Real Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

The team has assets because of the picks but it's not built for immediate success of any kind. Rondo is coming off ACL recovery and with the team in "win in three years" mode the organization may even pressure him to take longer than necessary to come back. Jeff Green will score because there's no one else to do it but this team will need a 25 ppg guy and he's more like 17. The healthy players are all young and young teams with no superstar don't win. And lastly, there's no coach. There will be one hired before season starts of course but it's tough to say what the plan is when you don't have a planner.
Real Men Wear Green is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 07:37 PM   #14
ciaguy23
Can barely lace up my sneakers

ciaguy23 has an OK reputation so far

I could also see them in a run with big al, Aldridge (you never know), our try for cousins again.
ciaguy23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 07:37 PM   #15
ConanRulesNBC
Very good NBA starter

ConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this board

If they can go out and sign Bynum and make a trade for Josh Smith they will have a pretty successful offseason and a great start at rebuilding.

C: Bynum
PF: Josh Smith
SF: Jeff Green
SG: Avery Bradley
PG: Rondo
ConanRulesNBC is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: