Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Chicago Bulls Forum

Chicago Bulls Forum Chicago Bulls message board - chicago bulls fan forum

Old 07-01-2013, 04:10 PM   #16
tamaraw08
Decent college freshman

tamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Draft Reactions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystallas
Will they sign for the minimum?

Pardon my ignorance, but, they don't have any MLE or anything more to offer?
The freaking Miami Heat has been getting away getting guys like Battier and Ray Allen and Chicago can't?
tamaraw08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 05:06 PM   #17
Crystallas
Smile, you're on ISH

Crystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamaraw08
Pardon my ignorance, but, they don't have any MLE or anything more to offer?
The freaking Miami Heat has been getting away getting guys like Battier and Ray Allen and Chicago can't?

We used our MLE(but we have MMLE, which was how Birdman was signed last season for the Heat). We have MSA(minimum contracts), and we have a few cap holds that qualify our one year-minimums from last season for return for more than the minimum(120%). Even if Boozer is amnestied, our cap situation does not change. It's basically impossible to get to the "space exception" provision, unless we have a fire sale.

Miami used their MLE on those guys. We're at the mercy of quality FAs, as far as signing anyone.

Last edited by Crystallas : 07-01-2013 at 05:09 PM.
Crystallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 08:49 PM   #18
Crystallas
Smile, you're on ISH

Crystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Mike Dunleavy for vets minimum.
Old 07-01-2013, 09:31 PM   #19
(e)
MJ of ISH *Brotherhood

(e) is a pretty well-respected poster(e) is a pretty well-respected poster(e) is a pretty well-respected poster(e) is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Mike Dunleavy for vets minimum.
3 million a year isn't vet min?
(e) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 11:15 AM   #20
Crystallas
Smile, you're on ISH

Quote:
Originally Posted by (e)
3 million a year isn't vet min?

No, it's $1,399,507 for players of his experience.

He was signed two ways. One I guess Dunleavy is covering the the MLE that wasn't picked up by re-signing anyone who initially took the MLE. Two, since it's a two year contract, might be a BAE.
Old 07-02-2013, 07:25 PM   #21
(e)
MJ of ISH *Brotherhood

(e) is a pretty well-respected poster(e) is a pretty well-respected poster(e) is a pretty well-respected poster(e) is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
No, it's $1,399,507 for players of his experience.

He was signed two ways. One I guess Dunleavy is covering the the MLE that wasn't picked up by re-signing anyone who initially took the MLE. Two, since it's a two year contract, might be a BAE.
We used the mini mid level for Dunleavy. Teams over the salary cap can use the mini mid level and still have the ability to sign players to minimum salaries.
Old 07-02-2013, 08:51 PM   #22
Crystallas
Smile, you're on ISH

Quote:
Originally Posted by (e)
We used the mini mid level for Dunleavy. Teams over the salary cap can use the mini mid level and still have the ability to sign players to minimum salaries.

I can't find any reports saying how he is going to be signed. We'll have to wait and see until it's official(which his verbal is being reported as a delayed signing to occur at the end of the month.)
Old 07-02-2013, 10:50 PM   #23
ljsbb27
Local High School Star

ljsbb27 is popular on this boardljsbb27 is popular on this boardljsbb27 is popular on this boardljsbb27 is popular on this board

I like the Dunleavy signing. One of our biggest needs if not the biggest need was three-point shooting which he certainly addresses. Despite his shooting being his greatest asset he does a couple of other things pretty well.
He's a smart player who doesn't make a lot of mistakes or turn the ball over.
He's a decent passer and ball handler who more times than not will make the right play and find the open man. Not a great defender but puts in the effort to be ok at it.
He'll give us some quality minutes.
ljsbb27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 01:21 AM   #24
tamaraw08
Decent college freshman

tamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ljsbb27
I like the Dunleavy signing. One of our biggest needs if not the biggest need was three-point shooting which he certainly addresses. Despite his shooting being his greatest asset he does a couple of other things pretty well.
He's a smart player who doesn't make a lot of mistakes or turn the ball over.
He's a decent passer and ball handler who more times than not will make the right play and find the open man. Not a great defender but puts in the effort to be ok at it.
He'll give us some quality minutes.

If Im not mistaken, Dunleavy is SF, same position that Deng plays. Luol has been pretty reliable playing heavy minutes the past 2 years. Jimmy Butler did pretty good as SG but still is not a proven shooter IMO. Im quite surprised that they didn't go after a guy like Redick, a decent defender and at the same time a very dependable shooter.
Old 07-03-2013, 09:43 PM   #25
(e)
MJ of ISH *Brotherhood

Quote:
If Im not mistaken, Dunleavy is SF, same position that Deng plays. Luol has been pretty reliable playing heavy minutes the past 2 years. Jimmy Butler did pretty good as SG but still is not a proven shooter IMO. Im quite surprised that they didn't go after a guy like Redick, a decent defender and at the same time a very dependable shooter.
JJ is just a bit above Chicago's price range. They've tried to sign him before if I'm not mistaken.

Dunleavy will probably see time at the 2 and 3. Should be a great guy to have around Snell.
Old 07-04-2013, 12:00 PM   #26
ljsbb27
Local High School Star

ljsbb27 is popular on this boardljsbb27 is popular on this boardljsbb27 is popular on this boardljsbb27 is popular on this board

Quote:

We couldn't afford Redick.
We're limited as to what we can do. Unless we pull some kind of trade you won't really see a major signing through free agency for us.
ljsbb27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 06:01 PM   #27
tamaraw08
Decent college freshman

Quote:
Originally Posted by (e)
JJ is just a bit above Chicago's price range. They've tried to sign him before if I'm not mistaken.

Dunleavy will probably see time at the 2 and 3. Should be a great guy to have around Snell.

He is listed 6-9 so I doubt if he can chase smaller SGs like Ray Allen, Wade etc, but hey, Marco proved me wrong so... .
Anyway I think he would be good playing along side Jimmy Butler.
I just would have preferred a SG like Nick Young, Martel Webster,Mayo etc.

Last edited by tamaraw08 : 07-04-2013 at 06:04 PM.
Old 07-04-2013, 08:14 PM   #28
(e)
MJ of ISH *Brotherhood

Quote:
He is listed 6-9 so I doubt if he can chase smaller SGs like Ray Allen, Wade etc, but hey, Marco proved me wrong so... .
Anyway I think he would be good playing along side Jimmy Butler.
I just would have preferred a SG like Nick Young, Martel Webster,Mayo etc.
Obviously it would depend on who he would be guarding. As long as its not a real quick guard, Dunleavy would likely be okay with his length. He's not that great defensively anyway, just smart and big enough to not hurt you.

I'm guessing Jimmy will log most of the minutes at the 2. With Hinrich and Snell when he's ready, but Dunleavy could definitely be used on the wing too.

Mayo is out of the Bulls price range too. And I'd take Dunleavy over Webster, but Webster is apparently out of Chicago's price range too with his new Wiz contract.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: