Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 06-28-2013, 12:14 PM   #76
andgar923
soundcloud.com/agua-1
 
andgar923's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 15,174
andgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: ESPN Los Angeles : "Nobody wants to play with Kobe"

Quote:
Originally Posted by tpols
Nice preface homie you almost had everyone fooled

So which part is wrong?

I know you're a Kobe stan but deep down you know what most of what people are saying has some validity or is downright the truth.

It would be nice if some of you actually admitted this shit and just kept it moving.
andgar923 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 12:16 PM   #77
tpols
7-time NBA All-Star
 
tpols's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 12,342
tpols has a terrific reputationtpols has a terrific reputationtpols has a terrific reputationtpols has a terrific reputationtpols has a terrific reputationtpols has a terrific reputation
Default Re: ESPN Los Angeles : "Nobody wants to play with Kobe"

Quote:
Originally Posted by scm5
Are you shitting me?

Kobe, a 5 time NBA Champion, the only star player the in the league that has been able to repeat twice, with two teams with entirely different compositions, is now a cancer?!

Yes, he might drive away the likes of Dwight who just want to have fun and isn't entirely dedicated to winning a championship. You don't see Nash or Pau heading for the door. They know what's up.

A defensive minded scrappy team that is thirsty for offense would love to get kobe Bryant. A team full of primadonnas in a shitty coach's exclusively offensive dominated system not so much
tpols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 12:19 PM   #78
scm5
Good college starter
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 3,026
scm5 has decent reputation
Default Re: ESPN Los Angeles : "Nobody wants to play with Kobe"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrono90
At the end of the day, he has 5 chips. It's easy to mock him and praise Lebron cause Lebron just won. But Kobe never went to the Suns back in the days to join prime Nash and get prime KG to create a super team like Lebron. He also has 5 championships doing things his way. Whether Lebron can get 3 more is a question mark.

That's the thing, Kobe drove Shaq out of LA AND still won two more championships without him.

That to me is a proven winner. He didn't go join two other superstars to form a superteam to win it.
scm5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 12:20 PM   #79
branslowski
BOW DOWN TO GREATNESS
 
branslowski's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Drug Lord, Florida
Posts: 11,118
branslowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebranslowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebranslowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebranslowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebranslowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebranslowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebranslowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebranslowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebranslowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebranslowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebranslowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: ESPN Los Angeles : "Nobody wants to play with Kobe"

Quote:
Originally Posted by oh the horror
I'm sorry but the whole "Kobe drove Shaq out of LA" shit is an absolute BS story.


Both had a role to play in that nonsense. To act like Shaquille O'Neal isn't a pain in the ass is utterly ridiculous


Shaq has burned more bridges than most. So just stop that BS

That's wat the Kobe haters do. Laker fans knows it went both ways.

Kobe haters brings lols.

I'm reading sh!t like "Kobe don't know how to pass"...how he avg 6ast then?....."you can't win with a player like Kobe" ...why he got 5 titles then?...."Shaq carried him"...well for one you ain't watch the WC playoff run obviously, 2, can u explain the 2 without Shaq?...."um, um, Gasol carried him"...Kobe avg 32-5-7 and then 28-8-4 vs good defensive team, notsureifserious...

I just ignore these morons..
branslowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 12:21 PM   #80
chazzy
3-time NBA All-Star
 
chazzy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: LA
Posts: 10,574
chazzy is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechazzy is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechazzy is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechazzy is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechazzy is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechazzy is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechazzy is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechazzy is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechazzy is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechazzy is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechazzy is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: ESPN Los Angeles : "Nobody wants to play with Kobe"

And I like this myth that Kobe hamstrung the offense by taking playmaking duties from broken leg Nash and not posting up a recovering Dwight enough, even though the offense was great most of the year
chazzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 12:22 PM   #81
tpols
7-time NBA All-Star
 
tpols's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 12,342
tpols has a terrific reputationtpols has a terrific reputationtpols has a terrific reputationtpols has a terrific reputationtpols has a terrific reputationtpols has a terrific reputation
Default Re: ESPN Los Angeles : "Nobody wants to play with Kobe"

Quote:
Originally Posted by andgar923
So which part is wrong?

I know you're a Kobe stan but deep down you know what most of what people are saying has some validity or is downright the truth.

It would be nice if some of you actually admitted this shit and just kept it moving.
You're the biggest Jordan biter and new generation hater on this site..

Kobe has gotten along with teammates just fine at many points in his career. There have been already posted quotes and examples of this. In 08 kobe put defense at more of a premium after having the scoring burden lifted from the previous few years. He did the dirty work and his teammates all responded and played great for a 3-4 year stretch that led to championships.

This past year and in the twilight of those championships? Yea he has declined but held onto the same mentality.. Which has made him harder to play with. You're trying to paint that across his whole career though.

LOL at you trying to come off as unbiased. You're one of the most biased bitter haters in here
tpols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 12:25 PM   #82
Chrono90
Local High School Star
 
Chrono90's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 1,397
Chrono90 is starting to rub some people the wrong way
Default Re: ESPN Los Angeles : "Nobody wants to play with Kobe"

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuniva_dAMiGhTy

Kobe is a bitch

BTW Kobe's team won that game by one on a Kobe shot at the end of the game. Kobe also scored 2 clutch buckets on Lebron in the last minute.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IL2buzovxnU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5X-VaAqPqmY
Chrono90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 12:29 PM   #83
branslowski
BOW DOWN TO GREATNESS
 
branslowski's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Drug Lord, Florida
Posts: 11,118
branslowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebranslowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebranslowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebranslowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebranslowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebranslowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebranslowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebranslowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebranslowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebranslowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebranslowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: ESPN Los Angeles : "Nobody wants to play with Kobe"

Quote:
Originally Posted by chazzy
And I like this myth that Kobe hamstrung the offense by taking playmaking duties from broken leg Nash and not posting up a recovering Dwight enough, even though the offense was great most of the year

Our offence was great all year untill Kobe got hurt....We had Dwight, Gasol and Nash in game 1 vs the Spurs...we scored 79pts total..guess Kobe was holding Lakers offence back while hurt too...lol
branslowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 12:30 PM   #84
branslowski
BOW DOWN TO GREATNESS
 
branslowski's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Drug Lord, Florida
Posts: 11,118
branslowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebranslowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebranslowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebranslowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebranslowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebranslowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebranslowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebranslowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebranslowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebranslowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebranslowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: ESPN Los Angeles : "Nobody wants to play with Kobe"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrono90
BTW Kobe's team won that game by one on a Kobe shot at the end of the game. Kobe also scored 2 clutch buckets on Lebron in the last minute.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IL2buzovxnU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5X-VaAqPqmY

This is a Kobe hate thread, get ur facts and proof out of here.
branslowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 12:30 PM   #85
Ne 1
College superstar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 4,566
Ne 1 is a pretty well-respected posterNe 1 is a pretty well-respected posterNe 1 is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: ESPN Los Angeles : "Nobody wants to play with Kobe"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graviton
Kobe failed to adapt to the times, that whole I am the boss alpha male bullshit don't work well with team chemistry and success in the playoffs. He shoulda learned from Lebron/Wade, gotta let go of your ego and team up with people, be friendly.

Kobe run Shaq out of town after the guy gifted him 3 Rings, his personality was tolerated by ***** Beta Pau Gasoft and resulted in 2 rings, but now with Superteams you need to recruit and try to get along with other big ego stars. Kobe failed to do that with Howard, got a career ending injury trying to do it all himself to prove some moot point to his doubters and will now simply be remembered as an egomaniac with trust issues.
Kobe did not run Shaq out of town. That's an unsubstantiated rumor and it's been proven to be false. Jerry Buss said that the they would do anything to resign Kobe, and that bruised Shaq's ego.

Shaq was 32 years old, going into his 13th year, he showed up to training camp overweight and out of shape and he demanded a max contract extension and he cursed out and publicly called out Jerry Buss during an exhibition game. After the Lakers lost to the Pistons in the Finals, Shaq publicly demanded to be traded because Buss wasn't going to give him maximum money. The Lakers decided to deal him. Kobe actually had already decided to sign with the Clippers, but Buss made a last-ditch effort to Bryant because he knew how disasterous it would be from a public relations standpoint for the Lakers to lose both of their star players in one off-season. Bryant has admitted he talked to Jerry West and West advised him to stay with the Lakers. Buss and Kupchak convinced him they'd rebuild the franchise and bring in top talent. So, he re-signed with the Lakers.

Saying Kobe ran Shaq out of L.A. is the easy scenario that people like to latch on to, but it's pretty far from the actual truth. Also, Shaq didn't "gift" him anything. Without Kobe, he wouldn't have won those 3 rings. In fact it wasn't until Kobe developed into one of the league's premier players that he finally won that elusive ring despite playing with prime Penny Hardaway and then an All-Star back court of Eddie Jones/Nick Van Exel.
Ne 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 12:32 PM   #86
havoc33
Kids at the park dunk on me
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 200
havoc33 has no real reputation yet.
Default Re: ESPN Los Angeles : "Nobody wants to play with Kobe"

Quote:
Originally Posted by andgar923
In all honesty, almost anything positive regarding Kobe coming out of Phil's mouth needs to be taken with a grain of salt.

That's basically common knowledge.
True. That still doesn't change that Caron Butler, Lamar Odom, Chris Mihm and Mark Madsen have all gone on record stating how they loved playing with Kobe, and how he actually helped them along developing their game and career. Caron, Odom and Kobe remain close friends to this day. Now who are are the other ex-teammates of Kobe that have really bashed him? Shaq (equally to blame for the drama), Smush and Isiah Rider (two of the most erratic and stupid players of all time). People also totally disregard that most of Kobe's teammates from 05 and onward either posted career numbers or had some of their most successful years playing alongside him.

I'm certainly not saying Kobe is an easy teammate, cause he's not, but for some people here to try to discredit one of the most successful NBA players of alltime is just a disgrace. It's funny how people will sing the praises about Bird, then go completely silent when Bird goes on to state how great a player Kobe is, and that he prefers his mentality over Lebron's. It's like there's no ****ing middle ground when it comes to Kobe, either he's god or he's a zero, and it's irritating as hell. Fact is, Kobe is a top 10 player of all time, a proven winner and one of the most talented players to ever lace them up. Now if people wanna hate on that, be my guest.

I for one wouldn't mind to get cussed out if it meant at the end of the day I would have played together with one of the alltime greats in 7 NBA Finals, and won 5 of them.
havoc33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 12:34 PM   #87
dh144498
ripthekik is my hero!
 
dh144498's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 1,831
dh144498 is considered somewhat cooldh144498 is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: ESPN Los Angeles : "Nobody wants to play with Kobe"

wow there are so many morons in this thread.
dh144498 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 12:35 PM   #88
tpols
7-time NBA All-Star
 
tpols's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 12,342
tpols has a terrific reputationtpols has a terrific reputationtpols has a terrific reputationtpols has a terrific reputationtpols has a terrific reputationtpols has a terrific reputation
Default Re: ESPN Los Angeles : "Nobody wants to play with Kobe"

Quote:
Originally Posted by havoc33
True. That still doesn't change that Caron Butler, Lamar Odom, Chris Mihm and Mark Madsen have all gone on record stating how they loved playing with Kobe, and how he actually helped them along developing their game and career. Caron, Odom and Kobe remain close friends to this day. Now who are are the other ex-teammates of Kobe that have really bashed him? Shaq (equally to blame for the drama), Smush and Isiah Rider (two of the most erratic and stupid players of all time). People also totally disregard that most of Kobe's teammates from 05 and onward either posted career numbers or had some of their most successful years playing alongside him.

I'm certainly not saying Kobe is an easy teammate, cause he's not, but for some people here to try to discredit one of the most successful NBA players of alltime is just a disgrace. It's funny how people will sing the praises about Bird, then go completely silent when Bird goes on to state how great a player Kobe is, and that he prefers his mentality over Lebron's. It's like there's no ****ing middle ground when it comes to Kobe, either he's god or he's a zero, and it's irritating as hell. Fact is, Kobe is a top 10 player of all time, a proven winner and one of the most talented players to ever lace them up. Now if people wanna hate on that, be my guest.

I for one wouldn't mind to get cussed out if it meant at the end of the day I would have played together with one of the alltime greats in 7 NBA Finals, and won 5 of them.
Great post. It really is all or nothing. Hilarious to see what andgar middle ground is. Imagine what he'd write if he was not trying to sound unbiased? Holy shit
tpols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 12:36 PM   #89
Chrono90
Local High School Star
 
Chrono90's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 1,397
Chrono90 is starting to rub some people the wrong way
Default Re: ESPN Los Angeles : "Nobody wants to play with Kobe"

Quote:
Originally Posted by branslowski
This is a Kobe hate thread, get ur facts and proof out of here.

Yesssss i can seeee lol

Just trying to show you guys by video instead
Chrono90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 12:36 PM   #90
havoc33
Kids at the park dunk on me
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 200
havoc33 has no real reputation yet.
Default Re: ESPN Los Angeles : "Nobody wants to play with Kobe"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ne 1
Kobe did not run Shaq out of town. That's an unsubstantiated rumor and it's been proven to be false. Jerry Buss said that the they would do anything to resign Kobe, and that bruised Shaq's ego.

Shaq was 32 years old, going into his 13th year, he showed up to training camp overweight and out of shape and he demanded a max contract extension and he cursed out and publicly called out Jerry Buss during an exhibition game. After the Lakers lost to the Pistons in the Finals, Shaq publicly demanded to be traded because Buss wasn't going to give him maximum money. The Lakers decided to deal him. Kobe actually had already decided to sign with the Clippers, but Buss made a last-ditch effort to Bryant because he knew how disasterous it would be from a public relations standpoint for the Lakers to lose both of their star players in one off-season. Bryant has admitted he talked to Jerry West and West advised him to stay with the Lakers. Buss and Kupchak convinced him they'd rebuild the franchise and bring in top talent. So, he re-signed with the Lakers.

Saying Kobe ran Shaq out of L.A. is the easy scenario that people like to latch on to, but it's pretty far from the actual truth. Also, Shaq didn't "gift" him anything. Without Kobe, he wouldn't have won those 3 rings. In fact it wasn't until Kobe developed into one of the league's premier players that he finally won that elusive ring despite playing with prime Penny Hardaway and then an All-Star back court of Eddie Jones/Nick Van Exel.
STOP. The truth might actually be too scary for certain people in here. You know they won't listen anyway.

I also loved how Shaq openly refused to play defense if he didn't get the ball enough on offense. Yeah, that's a real professional right there. No wonder Tex Winter couldn't stand the guy.
havoc33 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:14 AM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site















Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy