Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 04-17-2013, 04:34 PM   #1
Mr Exlax
McFailed next season

Mr Exlax is a pretty well-respected posterMr Exlax is a pretty well-respected posterMr Exlax is a pretty well-respected poster
Default If the Rockets beat the Lakers tonight

Do we lower our chances of Dwight signing with us in the offseason? I mean, we will be the last reason why he misses the playoffs right? We'd be the team that beat him and keep him out. I'd actually rather them make it and lose in the playoffs that way it won't look bad at all when he signs with us in the summer.
Mr Exlax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 04:42 PM   #2
Kurosawa0
NBA rookie of the year

Kurosawa0 has no real reputation yet.
Default Re: If the Rockets beat the Lakers tonight

I think Dwight probably already knows what he wants to do. I know he's erratic, but Dwight has to know whether or not he wants to be a Laker. What would worry me if I'm a Laker fan is that next year is probably another lost season because of Kobe's injury and that means you're selling Dwight on what you're going to do to improve the team for 2014-2015.

Houston can offer a ready-made team right now.

Jeremy Lin
James Harden
Chandler Parsons
Motiejunas
Dwight Howard

That's a pretty interesting lineup and Houston would still have trade pieces to improve further. I honestly think that's a team that could be right there with OKC next year in the WCF.

I expect Dwight to stay with the Lakers, but the right basketball move is probably to go to Houston.
Kurosawa0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 04:47 PM   #3
ProfessorMurder
I am your soldier!

ProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurosawa0
I expect Dwight to stay with the Lakers, but the right basketball move is probably to go to Houston.

Do the Lakers still have their amnesty? Artest, Kobe or Pau could be amnestied, right?

Kobe's salary next season is mostly covered by insurance but still counts against the cap.

If they really wanted to shed salary this next year might be good. Let Dwight walk, trade Pau for expirers/cheaper contracts, amnesty Kobe.

Dwight going to Houston would make sense. He can't handle the scrutiny of LA, and Harden is a premiere perimeter player.

Last edited by ProfessorMurder : 04-17-2013 at 04:54 PM.
ProfessorMurder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 04:51 PM   #4
Electric Slide
Banned

Electric Slide is starting to rub some people the wrong way

lakers do't necessarily miss the playoffs if they lose. depends if utah wins.
Electric Slide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 05:00 PM   #5
Mr Exlax
McFailed next season

Mr Exlax is a pretty well-respected posterMr Exlax is a pretty well-respected posterMr Exlax is a pretty well-respected poster

But what if we stop him from making it to the playoffs this year? You think he'd be so upset that he wouldn't come here in the offseason? If you can't beat em, join em doesn't really fly in the NBA, but that's almost what he'd be doing. I'd be happy with it, but I don't see him doing it.
Mr Exlax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 05:02 PM   #6
ProfessorMurder
I am your soldier!

ProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Exlax
But what if we stop him from making it to the playoffs this year? You think he'd be so upset that he wouldn't come here in the offseason? If you can't beat em, join em doesn't really fly in the NBA, but that's almost what he'd be doing. I'd be happy with it, but I don't see him doing it.

Wouldn't that prove that Houston is better than LA and he could join and make them even better?

Ray Allen did the can't beat 'em join 'em thing just a few months ago.
ProfessorMurder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 05:05 PM   #7
pegasus
€uroInU$A

pegasus is popular on this boardpegasus is popular on this boardpegasus is popular on this boardpegasus is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Exlax
Do we lower our chances of Dwight signing with us in the offseason? I mean, we will be the last reason why he misses the playoffs right? We'd be the team that beat him and keep him out. I'd actually rather them make it and lose in the playoffs that way it won't look bad at all when he signs with us in the summer.

He may embrace his bitch side and pull a Ray-Allen.
pegasus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 05:08 PM   #8
ConanRulesNBC
Very good NBA starter

ConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this board

Dwight on the Rockets with Parsons, Lin and Harden would be insane.

Though, don't count the Lakers out. They still have some options. If they re-sign Dwight, get rid of Gasol and MWP and maybe Steve Nash and if Ebanks and Clark continue to improve and they can sign a solid PG and someone like J.J. Redick to fill in for Kobe next season for a while this Lakers team could be right back in it.
ConanRulesNBC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 05:08 PM   #9
Doctor Rivers
Good college starter

Doctor Rivers is considered somewhat coolDoctor Rivers is considered somewhat coolDoctor Rivers is considered somewhat cool

Quote:

The right basketball move would be to sign a min contract with Miami.
Doctor Rivers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 05:26 PM   #10
hon hon hon eat snails

9512 has decent reputation9512 has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConanRulesNBC
Dwight on the Rockets with Parsons, Lin and Harden would be insane.

Though, don't count the Lakers out. They still have some options. If they re-sign Dwight, get rid of Gasol and MWP and maybe Steve Nash and if Ebanks and Clark continue to improve and they can sign a solid PG and someone like J.J. Redick to fill in for Kobe next season for a while this Lakers team could be right back in it.

That would be great but Omer Asik's already filling in that role. Defensive center who can't really play effective offense with bad hands and turnovers.
9512 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 05:30 PM   #11
spacebump
I hit open layups

spacebump has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctor Rivers

Truth.
spacebump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 05:35 PM   #12
Kurosawa0
NBA rookie of the year

Kurosawa0 has no real reputation yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctor Rivers

Everyone would act all offended, but who wouldn't want to watch that team for even just one season?
Kurosawa0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 05:38 PM   #13
Heavincent
5-time NBA All-Star

Heavincent has a terrific reputationHeavincent has a terrific reputationHeavincent has a terrific reputationHeavincent has a terrific reputationHeavincent has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Everyone would act all offended, but who wouldn't want to watch that team for even just one season?

Not me.
Heavincent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 07:45 PM   #14
mrpibb
101% Dr. Pepper

mrpibb is a pretty well-respected postermrpibb is a pretty well-respected postermrpibb is a pretty well-respected postermrpibb is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:

I can't imagine the euphoria that would come from an opposing team's fans when they actually #BeatTheHeat. That shit would be crazy.
mrpibb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 08:01 PM   #15
NBASTATMAN
NBA sixth man of the year

NBASTATMAN posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryNBASTATMAN posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryNBASTATMAN posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry

Lakers not going to get Special Ref Treatment without Kobe.. They should lose tonight..
NBASTATMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: