Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Toronto Raptors Forum

Toronto Raptors Forum Toronto Raptors message board - Toronto Raptors forum

Closed Thread

Old 06-23-2013, 04:57 PM   #1
bluerap
Local High School Star

bluerap has decent reputation
Default Official Toronto Blue Jays Discussion 2013

Now that there is something to talk about !
Old 06-23-2013, 06:41 PM   #2
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Qwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: What happened to the Jays thread

I was wondering about that too. I just kinda moved over to the main MLB thread in OT.
Old 06-23-2013, 07:02 PM   #3
Dr.Funk
Decent college freshman

Dr.Funk has decent reputationDr.Funk has decent reputation

I tried finding it the other day with no luck.
Old 06-23-2013, 07:16 PM   #4
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Qwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

It was probably a casualty of how shitty these boards run during the playoffs. Reps, avatars and big threads all get removed. You'd think that wouldn't be necessary. I guess we're just not clicking on enough ads.
Old 06-23-2013, 08:58 PM   #5
DJMason
High School JV MVP

DJMason is considered somewhat coolDJMason is considered somewhat cool

So with the old thread dead we can all just forget I proclaimed our playoff hopes dead a month ago right?

This season is officially ridiculous. Totally grateful that my flex pack was relatively backloaded with two games having been this week. Can't wait for the Canada Day game with us in the thick of it and Reyes back.
Old 07-01-2013, 11:00 AM   #6
Grey Dawn
KG cancer to the NBA

Grey Dawn has not been impressing people

Season's still over.

The 'comeback' was all fools gold.

They were simply too far behind already.
Old 07-01-2013, 11:04 AM   #7
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grey Dawn
Season's still over.

The 'comeback' was all fools gold.

They were simply too far behind already.
I agree. The win streak was nice but the hole was huge. I still wouldn't bet any money on the playoffs. They really needed to go better than 5-5 in the games vs the East.
Old 07-01-2013, 11:35 AM   #8
bluerap
Local High School Star

I think they can make it interesting, still so many factors but if they get hot again they can still make it.

When they were really down my thinking was that they would have to get to 5 games back by the all-star game to have a shot. I think they have that shot now.

But even before the season started I didn't think they would make the playoffs. I thought this year would be about competing, next year would be about playoffs. The starting pitching is still nowhere near good enough.
Old 07-01-2013, 01:23 PM   #9
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Quote:
The starting pitching is still nowhere near good enough.
Yep.

I was really expecting Dickey and Johnson to be a solid top 2 in the rotation. Not as good as they were in the NL obviously but still solid #2 type pitchers. They haven't been. Morrow was awful when healthy. Buehrle is well, Buerhle. When his command is off even a tiny bit, he'll get drilled. Rogers has been fantastic so far though.

I figured the defense would be bad going into this season with Melky in LF and the downgrade from Escobar to Reyes (defensively). But the starting pitching was supposed to be better.
Old 07-01-2013, 02:36 PM   #10
bluerap
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwyjibo
Yep.

I was really expecting Dickey and Johnson to be a solid top 2 in the rotation. Not as good as they were in the NL obviously but still solid #2 type pitchers. They haven't been. Morrow was awful when healthy. Buehrle is well, Buerhle. When his command is off even a tiny bit, he'll get drilled. Rogers has been fantastic so far though.

I figured the defense would be bad going into this season with Melky in LF and the downgrade from Escobar to Reyes (defensively). But the starting pitching was supposed to be better.

Agreed.
I really expected Johnson to have a great year (contract year). And I was hoping Ricky would bounce back.

My other beef is second base. Kelly Johnson (or Aaron Hill) would look pretty good now.
Old 07-01-2013, 03:05 PM   #11
Dr.Funk
Decent college freshman

Dr.Funk has decent reputationDr.Funk has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluerap
Agreed.
I really expected Johnson to have a great year (contract year). And I was hoping Ricky would bounce back.

My other beef is second base. Kelly Johnson (or Aaron Hill) would look pretty good now.

Kelly Johnson is f'n terrible.
Old 07-01-2013, 10:25 PM   #12
Chamberlain
Riggin' for Wiggins!

Chamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputation

Re-stickied for your enjoyment!
Old 07-06-2013, 04:11 PM   #13
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Default Re: Official Toronto Blue Jays Discussion 2013

Dickey getting smacked around by the Twins. There's the low-point for me so far in this miserable season.

Already looking at 2014.
Old 07-08-2013, 01:24 AM   #14
brwnman

brwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputation

On the trade front, I haven't read anything but just speculating here. I could see the Jays taking a flier on Jemile Weeks of the Oakland A's.

Not sure what the A's would be looking for in return. But he went from the future at second base to an afterthought. A's called up Grant Green recently to team up with Sogard at second base, so it's not like their second base is solid, but if Green sticks, I could see them moving Weeks. I would assume it wouldn't be much that the A's would be asking. Maybe with Cecil's all star nod, they can deal him. Now Jemile Weeks can come up and totally sh!t the bed, but I think it's worth a shot. Or maybe I'm underselling Cecil's value. Cecil won't be a FA until 2017 and Weeks won't be until 2018...
Old 07-11-2013, 11:20 PM   #15
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

I sometimes hate this team so much. I will never abandon the Jays but goddamn...

- Another loss to a good team they are chasing marred by tons of mistakes.
- Bickford might not be signing. One of their later tough sign hopefuls might not either.
- Lawrie shits the bed in his minor league game.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Closed Thread