Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Video Games Forum

Video Games Forum Video game forum - video games message board

Old 06-13-2013, 06:07 PM   #1
Scholar
Gawdbe GOATsol Nashty

Scholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Do you rage when you're playing a competitive game?

I have never been as pissed off playing a video game as I get when playing 2K13 online. There are times where I'll get so pissed that I punch the couch or yell at someone close by for talking too much because it "ruins my concentration!"

@ myself. My wife gets irritated with me whenever I turn on 2K13 to play. She knows it will not end well.

I don't do it every time because there are times when I just play Quick Team Match-Up, which doesn't piss me off as much; however, when I'm playing a VS match or MyTeam mode or anything where it's just me versus one other person, I get frustrated easily.

An example of something that easily pisses me off is when I'm playing against a 3-pt cheeser. Every time they do a fade away 3, it goes in. I spot up, have wide-open shots, drive the lane, etc., and it seems like everything I'm putting up misses. I hate to rage quit but when it's obvious the game is over because this cheeser hit twenty 3's on me and I just can't make a run worth shit, I quit.

For those of you who don't get pissed off during competitive gaming too easily, what do you do to calm yourself down when things just aren't going your way? I promise this is the only game that pisses me off so much. Sometimes I ask myself why I still play it because no matter what I will encounter the cheesers who win by playing b.s. basketball, but I suppose I just enjoy the gaming experience too much.

@ myself.
Scholar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 06:43 PM   #2
nightprowler10
Bring Back Bogans!

nightprowler10 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternightprowler10 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternightprowler10 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternightprowler10 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternightprowler10 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternightprowler10 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternightprowler10 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternightprowler10 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternightprowler10 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Do you rage when you're playing a competitive game?

I used to get really irritated a few years ago, but I've gotten much better since. I still get pissed off when I keep losing a key battle in a game though and get really irritable. I'm definitely not playing games around my kids whenever I have them.
nightprowler10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 07:48 PM   #3
Lebowsky
Hi, how are you?

Lebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

The only competitive game I play nowadays is Fifa 14 and, oddly enough, I usually get way angrier when I play single player than when I play online. On the rare occassion when I take a serious beating online it doesn't feel good, but I don't get too mad or rage quit. I've never rage quit online. However, single player is a different story. It amazes me that when I play top clubs on career mode it will always be close, win or lose, and it will usually be a nice match. Now whenever I play a bottom team they will always either blow me out, or I will go up 2-0 or 3-0 early in the game, only for the CPU to come back and win the match scoring 3 or 4 goals in a row in the final minutes. It drives me ****ing insane. God I'm getting upset just writing about it.
Lebowsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 09:12 PM   #4
CelticBaller
lite kobe

CelticBaller is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCelticBaller is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCelticBaller is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCelticBaller is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCelticBaller is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCelticBaller is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCelticBaller is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCelticBaller is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCelticBaller is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Yes, only when I die/lose and I know its was from bullshit
CelticBaller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 09:32 PM   #5
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I do. Shyt normal to me. The raging effects dont last long for me tho. First playing ranked matches in 2k, Madden is a fail. You get what you ask for. Now online leagues in 2k/Madden? Yeah. COD? Yeah. Hell yea. UConnCeltics can cosign me raging on COD. He doesnt have a mic but I'm sure he can hear me thru his tv.

One gamer I play with in competitive games that I dont think rages is kungfro.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 09:42 PM   #6
UConnCeltics
Celtics/Red Sox/Eagles

UConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
I do. Shyt normal to me. The raging effects dont last long for me tho. First playing ranked matches in 2k, Madden is a fail. You get what you ask for. Now online leagues in 2k/Madden? Yeah. COD? Yeah. Hell yea. UConnCeltics can cosign me raging on COD. He doesnt have a mic but I'm sure he can hear me thru his tv.

One gamer I play with in competitive games that I dont think rages is kungfro.

I enjoy listening to it, lol. I don't really rage, I just get upset when I am in a game against good players and my team ignores the objective, or I put myself in a place where I take a horrible death. Nothing better than C4ing yourself a play away from the VSAT.
UConnCeltics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 12:07 AM   #7
The Real JW
High School Starter

The Real JW is popular on this boardThe Real JW is popular on this boardThe Real JW is popular on this boardThe Real JW is popular on this board

Only when playing WoW, DotA, CounterStrike.
The Real JW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 01:22 AM   #8
eriX
Good High School Starter

eriX has decent reputation

I wouldn't call a normal online game with randoms competitive... but i do rage the most playing against HOF cpu in 2k those cheesy CPU. However when i did play COD on a competitive level (In invite only leagues for money on pc) I would rarely rage, its more of a disappointment if you lose. I troll people who rage in COD so hard that often i had to change servers because they were empty due to me

what i've learnt is that instead of raging troll the other guy instead to release your anger, sometimes you make a friend out of trolling (srs)
eriX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 04:20 AM   #9
ukballer
NBA rookie of the year

ukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Yeah I get pretty mad. Outside of video games I'm the most chilled out guy, and it takes a heck of a lot to get me angry. But when I get into video game mode, if I die from some bullshit, or just something goes wrong from an opposing player getting lucky or using some exploit, I just sit there going 'wow, wow, wow'.
ukballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 09:20 AM   #10
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

Jailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I only rage when I'm playing 2k every once and a while. It is almost always when I'm playing Dynasty mode or MyCareer. Usually because I'm in a shitty mood before I start playing and need to vent some anger. I used to get pissed playing shooters online but not anymore.
Jailblazers7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 09:30 AM   #11
Rake2204
7-time NBA All-Star

Rake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I've tinkered with NBA 2K online for the past couple of years in hopes of merely knocking down a few achievements. However, it's just not worth it for me. I find competing against random people online to be very frustrating. I don't outwardly rage, but I can become very stressed as I worry about all the cheap exploits and whether my opponent thinks I'm using cheap exploits. I have just found no enjoyment whatsoever in the online regard.

Also, I sometimes become frustrated playing my little brother in 2K13 when he begins running through defenders with superstars (LeBron James), runs a great point guard at a great teammate to jumble up my defenders then wait for that teammate (Shaq) to cut to the basket for an easy pass and basket, or continuously performs the double tap spin. I think it frustrates me because I feel I'm making the right basketball plays defensively but perhaps not the right 2K plays. Often I'll anticipate his spin and put a defender in position only to see his player slide, morph, and proceed directly through my player for an easy bucket. I don't rage but as the older brother, I can often be fickle about the idea of losing to my little bro when such tactics come into play (aka I don't take losing to my brother well).

So I guess in short, no, I do not rage. I truly like my games to be enjoyable endeavors as opposed to being wonderful challenges to overcome after much blood, sweat, tears, and frustration. So I tend to avoid the things that could make me upset (the aforementioned online or attempting to beat a game I suck at on the hardest level possible). Even then, I'm not a yeller or thrower, so maybe I wouldn't rage regardless.

Edit: Okay, I rage a little.

Last edited by Rake2204 : 06-14-2013 at 08:31 PM.
Rake2204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 01:57 PM   #12
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rake2204
I've tinkered with NBA 2K online for the past couple of years in hopes of merely knocking down a few achievements. However, it's just not worth it for me. I find competing against random people online to be very frustrating. I don't outwardly rage, but I can become very stressed as I worry about all the cheap exploits and whether my opponent thinks I'm using cheap exploits. I have just found no enjoyment whatsoever in the online regard.

Also, I sometimes become frustrated playing my little brother in 2K13 when he begins running through defenders with superstars (LeBron James), runs a great point guard at a great teammate to jumble up my defenders then wait for that teammate (Shaq) to cut to the basket for an easy pass and basket, or continuously performs the double tap spin. I think it frustrates me because I feel I'm making the right basketball plays defensively but perhaps not the right 2K plays. Often I'll anticipate his spin and put a defender in position only to see his player slide, morph, and proceed directly through my player for an easy bucket. I don't rage but as the older brother, I can often be fickle about the idea of losing to my little bro when such tactics come into play (aka I don't take losing to my brother well).

So I guess in short, no, I do not rage. I truly like my games to be enjoyable endeavors as opposed to being wonderful challenges to overcome after much blood, sweat, tears, and frustration. So I tend to avoid the things that could make me upset (the aforementioned online or attempting to beat a game I suck at on the hardest level possible). Even then, I'm not a yeller or thrower, so maybe I wouldn't rage regardless.

The longest post to say "Ok I rage a little "

GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 01:13 PM   #13
Rasheed1
3-time NBA All-Star

Rasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation here

yeah.. When I die over some bullsh*t..

"You gotta be f*ckin kiddin me!!"

"Oh f*ck this game!! Thats some bullsh*t right there!!"

but it only lasts a second, and then Im good..
Rasheed1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 09:23 PM   #14
$LakerGold
#TeamMir #TeamRousey

$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I rarely rage ... but when I do it's only like "What the ****!" or "OMG". When I wanna do good & end up suckin', it makes me mad so much lol ... but I always remember one of the guys that told me, that anger won't help your situation/problem/struggle competitive-wise ... So I take deep breaths when I feel like smashing my Ps3. Lmao.
$LakerGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 03:34 AM   #15
ukballer
NBA rookie of the year

ukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by $LakerGold
I rarely rage ... but when I do it's only like "What the ****!" or "OMG". When I wanna do good & end up suckin', it makes me mad so much lol ... but I always remember one of the guys that told me, that anger won't help your situation/problem/struggle competitive-wise ... So I take deep breaths when I feel like smashing my Ps3. Lmao.

Definitely. If I was having a few rough games on CoD, I used to make the mistake of carrying on and trying to play my way through it. Might work in Basketball, but rarely for me on video games. Now I just put the controller down and take a break for a few hours, or even days.
ukballer is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: