Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Brooklyn Nets Forum

Brooklyn Nets Forum Brooklyn Nets message board - Brooklyn Nets forum

Old 06-12-2013, 10:39 PM   #1
D12"Magic"
College superstar

D12"Magic" has a near all-star reputation hereD12"Magic" has a near all-star reputation hereD12"Magic" has a near all-star reputation hereD12"Magic" has a near all-star reputation hereD12"Magic" has a near all-star reputation hereD12"Magic" has a near all-star reputation here
Default Welcome Back J.Kidd, as the New Head Coach of the Brooklyn Nets

Netsdaily.com

Quote:
Jason Kidd will be the Nets new head coach.

Marc Stein first reported the news, saying Kidd has convinced Mikhail Prokhorov and his advisers to hire him as the Nets head coach. Peter Vecsey quickly tweeted that the Nets had informed Brian Shaw that they have chosen Kidd.

Then, in quick step, Stefan Bondy, David Aldridge, Howard Beck, Tim Bontemps, Ken Berger, Ohm Youngmisuk, Adrian Wojnarowski, Chris Mannix and others all confirmed Stein's report. NetsDaily also confirmed the report.

Deron Williams was the first Nets player to congratulate Kidd on his hiring.

The deal will be for three years and an undisclosed amount of money, a league source familiar with the negotiations tells NetsDaily. A formal announcement and a press conference has been called for 2 p.m. Thursday.

Mannix reports that at least one and possibly two former head coaches will join Kidd on the bench. Lawrence Frank has been rumored as the most likely assistant. Other names that have been mentioned are: Tim Grgurich, the veteran skills coach, and Alvin Gentry, the former head coach at Phoenix.

In the official announcement of his hiring, Kidd said, "This is a tremendous opportunity to be named head coach of the Brooklyn Nets, and it’s a role I have been studying for over the course of my playing days,” said Kidd. “Championship teams are built on being prepared, playing unselfishly and being held accountable, and that’s how I expect to coach this basketball team. I am truly excited about this next phase of my basketball career.”

Prokhorov said the hiring completes a circle for the Nets great.

“Jason Kidd has a long and legendary history with the Nets and with the city of New York," said Prokhorov. "He has the fire in the belly we need, and has achieved as a player everything the Brooklyn Nets are striving to achieve. We believe he will lead us there. Welcome home, Jason.”

And the man in charge of the hiring, talked about what Kidd brings.

"I am very pleased to welcome Jason Kidd as the head coach of the Brooklyn Nets,” said King. “Jason is a proven winner and leader with an incredible wealth of basketball knowledge and experience. This will be a natural transition for him to move into the role of head coach, as he embodies the tough, smart and team-first mentality that we are trying to establish in Brooklyn."

The news comes a little more than a month after King began his search for P.J. Carlesimo's replacement. Along the way, there were boomlets for Doc Rivers, Jeff Van Gundy, Lionel Hollins, Brian Shaw, even Larry Brown. But ownership and management settled on Kidd in hopes he can create a unique culture for what they see as a "new team."
D12"Magic" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 10:41 PM   #2
D12"Magic"
College superstar

D12"Magic" has a near all-star reputation hereD12"Magic" has a near all-star reputation hereD12"Magic" has a near all-star reputation hereD12"Magic" has a near all-star reputation hereD12"Magic" has a near all-star reputation hereD12"Magic" has a near all-star reputation here
Default Re: Welcome Back J.Kidd, as the New Head Coach of the Brooklyn Nets

Im really interested to see how he does. If any player can make a transition from player to coach it has to be Kidd, though it may be to soon.

Weird, how D-Will was playing against him the other day and all of a sudden hes your coach, I hope he gets these Nets Running.

If playing for Kidd is not enough motivation for D-Will than I don't know what is. Conference to be tomorrow, kind of excited tbh.

Oh and I got a new computer finished up some things, so im back
D12"Magic" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 10:18 AM   #3
It's A VC3!!!
I will believe

It's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I would be very upset if he doesn't try to take a 3rd string assistant from the Spurs, Bulls or Pacers. We need assistant coaches from successful franchises so that the Nets can adopt a winning philosophy. We also need people that will stand up to Jason and tell him if and when he's doing something wrong. We can't have assistant coaches just agreeing with him because he's Jason Kidd.
It's A VC3!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 03:51 PM   #4
veilside23
alternick = loser :D

veilside23 is popular on this boardveilside23 is popular on this boardveilside23 is popular on this boardveilside23 is popular on this board

i hope that jkidd will try to trade wallace guy needs to retire as well ...

i hope kidd will be successful :) .
veilside23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 12:24 AM   #5
gigantes
A piece of fluff

gigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

hi D12M, what's up?

well... i don't know how smart of a hiring this is, but i do know that they're locked in tight, now. no way in the world could they give kidd the boot in less than three years without looking like total arses.

who knows if kidd will be an effective coach or not? not me...! but i agree, he's definitely going to need a seasoned group of assistants to guide him through the first couple years.

it's a weird hire, but this is kind of a weird team. hopefully kidd can find a way to get something more out of these guys.

if this doesn't work then prokhy should probably just cash in. other than throwing money around, i really don't see the kind of vision, judgement and patience that i expected from the owner of CSKA. throwing money around backfires pretty easily in today's NBA, tho.
gigantes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 07:01 AM   #6
insidehoops
Administrator

insidehoops has disabled reputation

The first time Jason Kidd takes the floor as a head coach won’t be in some NBA arena this fall for the first Nets preseason game.

Instead, it’s going to be in the practice gym inside Orlando’s Amway Center next month, when he takes charge of the Nets entry in the annual Orlando Summer League.

“I think it’s the best thing to get right into it,” Kidd said during one of several radio interviews he did in his first full day as head coach of the Nets.

-- NY Post
insidehoops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 01:38 PM   #7
gigantes
A piece of fluff

gigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

smart!
Old 06-16-2013, 02:03 PM   #8
Kiddlovesnets
NBA Superstar

Kiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation here

Welcome back Kidd, oh man hes taking this thing seriously. XD
Kiddlovesnets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 02:37 PM   #9
MTing
Where Brooklyn at?

MTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiddlovesnets
Welcome back Kidd, oh man hes taking this thing seriously. XD
Your username works again!
MTing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 05:28 PM   #10
gigantes
A piece of fluff

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTing

Old 06-17-2013, 04:25 AM   #11
Kiddlovesnets
NBA Superstar

Kiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTing

My username worked all the time lol. Kidd apparently screwed the Knicks in playoffs on purpose since he did not care anything about the Knicks other than their paycheck. Hes a true Net after all, Knicks mean nothing in his heart.
Kiddlovesnets is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: