Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Video Games Forum

Video Games Forum Video game forum - video games message board

Old 06-06-2013, 11:09 AM   #31
intrinsic
Local High School Star

intrinsic has a terrific reputationintrinsic has a terrific reputationintrinsic has a terrific reputationintrinsic has a terrific reputationintrinsic has a terrific reputation
Default Re: The Last Of Us Hype

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhythmic †hesis

360 Exclusives

Gears of War 9.6 (94)
Gears of War 3 9.5 (91)
Halo: Reach 9.5 (91)
Halo 3 9.5 (94)
Halo 4 9.0 (87)

This is a cluster of similar games. There's no bias. This is what the 2 guys who reviewed these games like to play.
intrinsic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 09:32 PM   #32
Scholar
Gawdbe GOATsol Nashty

Scholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Damn! Maybe canceling my preorder over the game length was a bad decision. Oh, well. I can wait a month.
Scholar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 10:23 PM   #33
rhythmic †hesis
Welcome to LA S. Nash!

rhythmic †hesis has an incredible reputation hererhythmic †hesis has an incredible reputation hererhythmic †hesis has an incredible reputation hererhythmic †hesis has an incredible reputation hererhythmic †hesis has an incredible reputation hererhythmic †hesis has an incredible reputation hererhythmic †hesis has an incredible reputation here

Best game this generation? Critics sure think so, can't wait till next Friday.
The scores are insane, despite 3-4 sites giving this game between 75-85; it is still 3rd highest rated game right now behind Uncharted 2 & GTA 4.

The amount of 100's this game is getting is insane, it's on pace to have the most perfect scores in current gen's history.

GTA 4 (48/86) 56% [definitely most overrated game in history, should have gotten around 94 overall score. San Andreas got 95 )
Uncharted 2 (39/105) 37%
Uncharted 3 (24/97) 25%
Red Dead Redemption (20/73) 27%
BioShock (34/88) 39%
BioShock Infinite (10/33) 30%
Arkham City (16/42) 38%
Mass Effect 2 (30/98) 31%
Skyrim (32/89) 36%
Guns of the Patriots (31/82) 38%
Gears of War (19/88) 22%
Halo 3 (20/86) 23%

The Last Of Us (30/61) 49%
Only 6 other current gen games has received 30 or more perfect scores, all of them had over 80 votes.
rhythmic †hesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 02:22 AM   #34
Rose
slightly upset stomach

Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Kinda surprised Mass Effect 2 had that many perfect scores in comparison to the original.

Wait I guess it being initially a 360 exclusive effected that? I mean I like both games pretty equally and for a long time I thought 2 was my fav. but then I've replayed the games so much I can't decide really which is the better one.
Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 11:13 AM   #35
niko
I Run NY.

niko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by LJJ
OMG they score 360 .1 or .2 higher than Metacritic average out of 10, and PS3 games .1 or .2 lower. It's a conspiracy!
It's not a bias, it's just trolling, and it's heavier toward big Nintendo releases but they do it often. There review scores and the review contents also have a bad habit of not matching each other. Just because it's recent the Luigi Mansion stands out to me, their main criticism was the first boss was harder than the 2nd or 3rd boss and they had trouble with it. (I agree it was harder but personally i had no problems.) For that they took a game almost everyone gave a 9 and gave it a 7. Also the Skyward Sword where the guy complains about the controls (valid IMO) but gave an example of how the controls work which was really really wrong.
niko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 01:15 AM   #36
d.bball.guy
Heat fan since 2014

d.bball.guy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterd.bball.guy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterd.bball.guy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterd.bball.guy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterd.bball.guy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterd.bball.guy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterd.bball.guy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterd.bball.guy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterd.bball.guy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterd.bball.guy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterd.bball.guy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Goddamn it. I'm gonna be broke as hell. GTA V, NBA 2K14, and I'm thinking of getting The Last Of Us. Shit.
d.bball.guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 09:02 PM   #37
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Qwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Well, E3 pre-order deals have convinced me to get this game. Getting this at launch for $39.99 is good enough for me.
Qwyjibo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 11:44 PM   #38
konex
3-time NBA All-Star

konex is considered somewhat coolkonex is considered somewhat coolkonex is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwyjibo
Well, E3 pre-order deals have convinced me to get this game. Getting this at launch for $39.99 is good enough for me.

Where?
konex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 12:08 AM   #39
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Qwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by konex
Where?
Future Shop in Canada. Pre-order 3 or more games and get $20 off each of them. Great deal if you 100% know you're going to buy certain games.

Ordered Last of Us, Beyond Two Souls and Dark Souls 2.
Old 06-11-2013, 12:13 AM   #40
jaydacris
Rose

jaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Future Shop in Canada. Pre-order 3 or more games and get $20 off each of them. Great deal if you 100% know you're going to buy certain games.

Ordered Last of Us, Beyond Two Souls and Dark Souls 2.

did you like heavy rain? i liked it a lot... im considering pre-ordering this game as well
jaydacris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 12:16 AM   #41
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaydacris
did you like heavy rain? i liked it a lot... im considering pre-ordering this game as well
I just started playing Heavy Rain recently and like it a lot. It's a nice change of pace from all the action games out there.
Old 06-11-2013, 12:54 AM   #42
brandonislegend
Old School Cool

brandonislegend is considered somewhat coolbrandonislegend is considered somewhat cool

So basically its going to be the best game ever?
brandonislegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 09:48 AM   #43
Thorpesaurous
NBA rookie of the year

Thorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
I just started playing Heavy Rain recently and like it a lot. It's a nice change of pace from all the action games out there.

I finished Heavy Rain twice and I'm still not sure if I liked it. There are things about it I love, and other things that I found to be some of the most frustrating things I've ever done in a video game.
Thorpesaurous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 10:35 AM   #44
Lebowsky
Hi, how are you?

Lebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I preordered it yesterday. 44.99 EUR, minus 10% off because I've spent more than 150 EUR at that store in the last year. Not a bad deal at all.
Lebowsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 09:50 AM   #45
rhythmic †hesis
Welcome to LA S. Nash!

rhythmic †hesis has an incredible reputation hererhythmic †hesis has an incredible reputation hererhythmic †hesis has an incredible reputation hererhythmic †hesis has an incredible reputation hererhythmic †hesis has an incredible reputation hererhythmic †hesis has an incredible reputation hererhythmic †hesis has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandonislegend
So basically its going to be the best game ever?

At this point, Naughty Dog & Rockstar are in the league of their own, IMO.
rhythmic †hesis is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: