Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 05-26-2013, 08:16 AM   #16
Pacquiao
Serious playground baller

Pacquiao is starting to rub some people the wrong wayPacquiao is starting to rub some people the wrong way
Default Re: all of a sudden lebron has a bad supporting cast?

How can Wade get it going when Lebron is holding the ball 20 seconds of the 24 shot clock in every possession?

I think Lebron still need to push to get more superstars so he can get more help

Last edited by Pacquiao : 05-26-2013 at 08:28 AM.
Pacquiao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 08:26 AM   #17
Trollsmasher
Testing Free Agency

Trollsmasher is popular on this boardTrollsmasher is popular on this boardTrollsmasher is popular on this boardTrollsmasher is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pacquiao
How can Wade it going when Lebron is holding the ball 20 seconds of the 24 shot clock in every possession?

I think Lebron still need to push to get more superstars so he can get more help
I am glad you are watching the game closely
Trollsmasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 09:10 AM   #18
Da KO King
NBA sixth man of the year

Da KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputation

The cast itself is not bad but key pieces are playing poorly at the moment.
Da KO King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 09:12 AM   #19
jzek
EL LO BEE

jzek is starting to rub some people the wrong wayjzek is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Have you seen Wade play? Bosh gets like 2 rebounds per game. Battier is shooting -0.13% from the field. Haslem is shooting about 2% while grabbing 1 rebound per game. Allen is in a bad bad bad shooting slump.

Only players playing well are:

LBJ
Birdman
Cole

Welcome to the Miami Cavaliers! LBJ having to put up 30, 10, and 10 again due to everyone else not pulling their weight.

Last edited by jzek : 05-26-2013 at 09:15 AM.
jzek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 09:18 AM   #20
jzek
EL LO BEE

jzek is starting to rub some people the wrong wayjzek is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Quote:
Originally Posted by All Net
Agreed, their Defense is a big reason. You could say Pacers have the best D in the league.

Have you been watching the game? Heat are getting OPEN THREES! They're just not hitting them. Miami should have won both games by at least double digits.

The Pacers just look like they're playing good defense because the games have been close (due to shooters missing OPEN LOOKS) and they won one.
jzek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 09:59 AM   #21
Kblaze8855
Titles are overrated

Kblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Chris Bosh only started 10 of 23 playoff games last year and put up 14/8 when he did play(13.8 and 7.5 this year by the way). This year Wade is putting up 14/5 in 10 games of the playoffs.

So last year Bosh was pretty much doing AC Green/Horace grant numbers while missing half the playoffs, this year hes doing them again but at least hes playing, and Wade appears to have switched souls with prime Derek Anderson. Perhaps Kendall Gill.

Bron has not had 2 people playing anything like stars in the playoffs since 11....when they lost. Wade was on a star level last year...but he wasnt the real Wade. Hes nothing close to it now. Bosh has not been a superstar ever....but hes not even been whatever he was in Toronto in a while. Hes literally putting up Clarence Weatherspoon numbers.

Bosh has been made into a spot up shooter so you can expect less production but Wade...I dont know. I guess hes just hurt.

But whatever the reason....you are as good as you are not as good as your name.

So it is far from some epic supporting cast these last two playoffs.

Cant call it bad either though. 70% of Wade and half the playoffs of Bosh is still more than some ever get.

Cant call it bad. Cant call it great when they arent playing like it.

Id call it...good.

healthy Wade...its amazing.

As it is...its good.

About like the Clippers perhaps.
Kblaze8855 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 10:18 AM   #22
IGOTGAME
NBA All-star

IGOTGAME has a terrific reputationIGOTGAME has a terrific reputationIGOTGAME has a terrific reputationIGOTGAME has a terrific reputationIGOTGAME has a terrific reputationIGOTGAME has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kblaze8855
Chris Bosh only started 10 of 23 playoff games last year and put up 14/8 when he did play(13.8 and 7.5 this year by the way). This year Wade is putting up 14/5 in 10 games of the playoffs.

So last year Bosh was pretty much doing AC Green/Horace grant numbers while missing half the playoffs, this year hes doing them again but at least hes playing, and Wade appears to have switched souls with prime Derek Anderson. Perhaps Kendall Gill.

Bron has not had 2 people playing anything like stars in the playoffs since 11....when they lost. Wade was on a star level last year...but he wasnt the real Wade. Hes nothing close to it now. Bosh has not been a superstar ever....but hes not even been whatever he was in Toronto in a while. Hes literally putting up Clarence Weatherspoon numbers.

Bosh has been made into a spot up shooter so you can expect less production but Wade...I dont know. I guess hes just hurt.

But whatever the reason....you are as good as you are not as good as your name.

So it is far from some epic supporting cast these last two playoffs.

Cant call it bad either though. 70% of Wade and half the playoffs of Bosh is still more than some ever get.

Cant call it bad. Cant call it great when they arent playing like it.

Id call it...good.

healthy Wade...its amazing.

As it is...its good.

About like the Clippers perhaps.

Some blame has to go to Brons play. He forces Bosh to stsnd by the 3 point line. Bosh is as good as his skill set...unfortunately Lebron is too ball dominant to let others shine.

Regardless, they have a much better team than Indiana.
IGOTGAME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 10:31 AM   #23
Kblaze8855
Titles are overrated

Kblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Lebron is no more ball dominant than he was 2 years ago when Bosh looked better.

And plenty of great players wouldnt accept such a backseat role to begin with.

Bosh just isnt one to make a fuss. Which is good for a team with many options. But whatever the reason....he has not played anything like a superstar in a long time.

The heat take 74 shots a game in the playoffs. The shots are there for him. He doesnt demand the ball. If he did...they would give it to him. He has a passive personality. Which again...works with this team.

But it is what it is. Hes not making the effort to take games over.
Old 05-26-2013, 10:33 AM   #24
JMT
NBA lottery pick

JMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation here

No. Just bandwagon fans that don't understand the game.
JMT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 10:38 AM   #25
IGOTGAME
NBA All-star

IGOTGAME has a terrific reputationIGOTGAME has a terrific reputationIGOTGAME has a terrific reputationIGOTGAME has a terrific reputationIGOTGAME has a terrific reputationIGOTGAME has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kblaze8855
Lebron is no more ball dominant than he was 2 years ago when Bosh looked better.

And plenty of great players wouldnt accept such a backseat role to begin with.

Bosh just isnt one to make a fuss. Which is good for a team with many options. But whatever the reason....he has not played anything like a superstar in a long time.

The heat take 74 shots a game in the playoffs. The shots are there for him. He doesnt demand the ball. If he did...they would give it to him. He has a passive personality. Which again...works with this team.

But it is what it is. Hes not making the effort to take games over.

The offense was different 2 years ago. If Coach Spo called for it Bosh could put up 20/9. He is one of the top 15 players in the world.

I do find it funny how the dialogue is different than when Pau and Odom used to play poorlg though. Blame seems to be divided a lot differently.
IGOTGAME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 10:53 AM   #26
Kblaze8855
Titles are overrated

Bosh being able to do 20/9 really doesnt say much. Lamarcus has been doing that 3-4 years and nobody seems to give a damn. David Lee has averaged about that over the last 5 years combined(ranging from 16/12 to 20/12).

Boshs claim to superstardom is doing 21-23 a game on teams that went 188-222 while he was was franchise player.

Bosh was a superstar in that Juwon Howard on the Bullets or Vin Baker on the Bucks kinda way. At best...like Jermaine Oneal on the Pacers minus his team winning games. I wouldnt take him over Nuggets Mcdyess.

Hes kinda like Gasol in that he didnt actually...do...anything. he had good but not great numbers...and made his team a bit below average. But unlike Gasol...he didnt step it up when he had a contender that needed him to play up to his potential.

He took the backseat....which...once more...is fine. Hes the #3...he plays like it.

But the talk of him being a superstar just never made sense to me and I could show you posts of mine from 6 years ago saying the same.

Guy just never impressed me much.

Hes shown great unselfishness and that is to be respected. But they would be a better team if he stopped. At least when Wade isnt himself as he has not been for 2 years.

Last edited by Kblaze8855 : 05-26-2013 at 10:55 AM.
Old 05-26-2013, 12:43 PM   #27
jrong
Revolution untelevised

jrong has a near all-star reputation herejrong has a near all-star reputation herejrong has a near all-star reputation herejrong has a near all-star reputation herejrong has a near all-star reputation herejrong has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by jzek
Have you seen Wade play? Bosh gets like 2 rebounds per game. Battier is shooting -0.13% from the field. Haslem is shooting about 2% while grabbing 1 rebound per game. Allen is in a bad bad bad shooting slump.

Only players playing well are:

LBJ
Birdman
Cole

Welcome to the Miami Cavaliers! LBJ having to put up 30, 10, and 10 again due to everyone else not pulling their weight.

The only way in which Wade is hurting them is relative to expectations. For the amount of shots that he's taking, his offensive output is respectable, and he's still giving 5 asts, 5 rebs, and strong defense.

This isn't J.R. Smith going 6/21. Wade's not scoring much, but at least at least he's not shooting much either.

But, of course, you don't simply expect "respectable" from Wade. However, unless his touches are significantly upped, it's going to be difficult to raise his production much higher. There are too many players competing for shots-- even aside from LeBron-- and Wade is committed to playing unselfishly to the extent that he's still averaging the 5 apg even with the reduction in touches.

Bosh is in the same situation. You can't expect him to give much more, given how little time he spends with the ball (although he still has to get more rebounds).
jrong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 12:46 PM   #28
tikay0
Banned

tikay0 is starting to rub some people the wrong waytikay0 is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Quote:
Originally Posted by maybeshewill13
Just a way for the Lelbron stans to cover up their god's choke.

Pretty much this. You give any other star player that cast, and they'd be the favorites as well.

You Lebron stans are the worst.
tikay0 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: