Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 05-26-2013, 12:57 AM   #1
mjokc
Local High School Star

mjokc is starting to rub some people the wrong way
Default Let's be real here.

With Westbrook OKC sweeps the grizzlies and we get to watch an exciting OKC / Spurs WCF again. I don't know who would win because both healthy OKC team and the Spurs are great teams.
mjokc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 01:04 AM   #2
KG215
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

KG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Let's be real here.

I don't know about a sweep but it's probably a 5 game series. It was pretty obvious OKC really just needed a second scorer to take some pressure off Durant and, obviously, get them the points they needed to get over the hump in the games they lost. People will point out OKC couldn't stop the Memphis bigs, but the defense was still fine for the most part. Memphis only averaged 94 PPG, and OKC's defense also gets better with Wetbrook.
KG215 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 01:08 AM   #3
Young X
College star

Young X is considered somewhat coolYoung X is considered somewhat cool

If Blake Griffin didn't get injured, the Clips would've beat them too.
Young X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 01:10 AM   #4
mjokc
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Young X

Damn, I didn't really watch that series. When did Griffin get injured and what injury was it?
Old 05-26-2013, 01:11 AM   #5
leMVP
Alpha ♂

leMVP has not been impressing people

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjokc
Damn, I didn't really watch that series. When did Griffin get injured and what injury was it?

He injured his left ankle before game 4 if i recall correctly.
leMVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 01:12 AM   #6
Young X
College star

Quote:
He sprained his ankle between game 4 and 5 during practice.
Old 05-26-2013, 01:16 AM   #7
HarryCallahan
Banned

HarryCallahan has an incredible reputation hereHarryCallahan has an incredible reputation hereHarryCallahan has an incredible reputation hereHarryCallahan has an incredible reputation hereHarryCallahan has an incredible reputation hereHarryCallahan has an incredible reputation hereHarryCallahan has an incredible reputation here

Quote:

In case those emoticons were too subtle; You're wrong, very, very wrong.

OP: Do you still think Duncan plays C? Have you seen a Spurs game this year? Still think Ibaka is a top 10 pf?
HarryCallahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 01:16 AM   #8
mjokc
Local High School Star

Quote:
He sprained his ankle between game 4 and 5 during practice.

Geez, no wonder the Clips fell apart. It looks like the Grizzlies luck of going against injured teams has run out.

Last edited by mjokc : 05-26-2013 at 01:18 AM.
Old 05-26-2013, 01:19 AM   #9
mjokc
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryCallahan

OP: Do you still think Duncan plays C? Have you seen a Spurs game this year? Still think Ibaka is a top 10 pf?

Duncan does play center and Ibaka is indeed a top 10 PF in my eyes. Ibaka had a rough start to the grizzlies series but finished strong.
Old 05-26-2013, 01:21 AM   #10
JimmyMcAdocious
NBA sixth man of the year

JimmyMcAdocious has an incredible reputation hereJimmyMcAdocious has an incredible reputation hereJimmyMcAdocious has an incredible reputation hereJimmyMcAdocious has an incredible reputation hereJimmyMcAdocious has an incredible reputation hereJimmyMcAdocious has an incredible reputation hereJimmyMcAdocious has an incredible reputation here

Would have been fun because you have to remember that the Spurs were rather convincingly up 2-0 in that series. Then the Thunder took it to another level and Pop couldn't figure out how to stop them.

Pop's the best in the business, imo, and I wanted to see what what changes he would have made this time around.

Healthy Thunder in 6 over SAS. Wouldn't shock me of SAS won in 7, tho. Both scenarios better than real life.
JimmyMcAdocious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 01:21 AM   #11
Young X
College star

Quote:
How am I wrong? The series was tied 2-2 going into LA before he got injured (he only played 19 and 13 minutes the last 2 games).
Quote:
Geez, no wonder the Clips fell apart. It looks like the Grizzlies luck of going against injured teams has run out.
Yup, Memphis is a very good team but I can't see them beating a healthy OKC team considering how close the games were without Westbrook.
Old 05-26-2013, 01:28 AM   #12
KG215
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

KG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Not sure I buy into the "Grizzlies would've lost to the Clippers if Griffin doesn't get hurt" argument. Didn't they win all 4 games by 10+ points?"

At least in the OKC series, every single game was a one possession game in the final 1 or 2 minutes; and in two of the games OKC had the ball tied in the last minute or 30 seconds.
KG215 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 01:28 AM   #13
HarryCallahan
Banned

HarryCallahan has an incredible reputation hereHarryCallahan has an incredible reputation hereHarryCallahan has an incredible reputation hereHarryCallahan has an incredible reputation hereHarryCallahan has an incredible reputation hereHarryCallahan has an incredible reputation hereHarryCallahan has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Duncan does play center and Ibaka is indeed a top 10 PF in my eyes. Ibaka had a rough start to the grizzlies series but finished strong.

You're wrong and can't admit it. If Duncan plays C; Then why does he guard Z-Bo? What does that make Thiago? A PF?

Just admit that you don't watch Spurs games and therefore operate under the assumption (given to you by ESPN) that is a C.

Look at the starting lineup it's; TP9 (pg) D. Green (sg) Kawhi (sf) Timmy (pf) Thiago (c)
Old 05-26-2013, 01:31 AM   #14
HarryCallahan
Banned

Quote:
How am I wrong? The series was tied 2-2 going into LA before he got injured (he only played 19 and 13 minutes the last 2 games).

They still wouldn't have won. Blake was getting dominated. Addition by subtraction.
Old 05-26-2013, 01:32 AM   #15
mjokc
Local High School Star

Quote:

You're wrong and can't admit it. If Duncan plays C; Then why does he guard Z-Bo? What does that make Thiago? A PF?

Just admit that you don't watch Spurs games and therefore operate under the assumption (given to you by ESPN) that is a C.

Look at the starting lineup it's; TP9 (pg) D. Green (sg) Kawhi (sf) Timmy (pf) Thiago (c)

He may not be playing C in this series because at his age he may not have the strength to guard Gasol. You are correct in that I don't watch spurs games outside of these WCF and against OKC. You may be right that he's PF more than C.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: