Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 05-25-2013, 07:55 PM   #16
kamil
Your Mom

kamil posts stuff that is definitely making some people angrykamil posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry
Default Re: Shaq Was Right

Quote:
Originally Posted by tikay0
Shaq and the refs carried Wade to a ring.

I keep hearing about poor officiating during that series... was it really that bad? I wasnt watching NBA basketball back then... someone please give me the gist of it.
kamil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 07:59 PM   #17
MavsSuperFan
NBA rookie of the year

MavsSuperFan has a terrific reputationMavsSuperFan has a terrific reputationMavsSuperFan has a terrific reputationMavsSuperFan has a terrific reputationMavsSuperFan has a terrific reputation

I have always thought prime shaq was the best player since MJ

And then Duncan
MavsSuperFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 08:02 PM   #18
tikay0
Banned

tikay0 is starting to rub some people the wrong waytikay0 is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamil
I keep hearing about poor officiating during that series... was it really that bad? I wasnt watching NBA basketball back then... someone please give me the gist of it.

Wade makes move to the basket, defender breathes on him. WHISTLE!
tikay0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 08:06 PM   #19
Flash31
Local High School Star

Flash31 is a pretty well-respected posterFlash31 is a pretty well-respected posterFlash31 is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by La Frescobaldi
There's a strong case for both of those. Wade & Bryant were great in their days (and still are) but they were never going to win rings without a great force on their team.
Never were going to win rings any more than Allen Iverson or Michael Jordan. Never was going to happen.
They are all carried.

YEAH SURE A GUY WHO AVG 35,5,5 Fr the 06 Finals and 30,5,5 was carried
I can see that,the people carrying him must have had some godly stats than
if he avg 30,5,5, and was CARRIED

AND MJ AVG The same amount with a Prime Pippen and 60+win team,and 50%shooting kerr,and GOAT REBOUNDER in Rodman wasnt

man SHAQ MUSTVE Put up his DOMINANT 30 or even 25 pt avg with 10-15 rbs and just overtaken or somebody else mustve been the sole focus of the other teams d,I watched the 06 playoffs and yet couldn see anybody,hmmm

DO TELL US The Godly stats of the players carrying Wade that year in the playoofs,mustve Really been something if avg 30,5,5 and 35,5,5 in the Finals he gOT CARRIED

MAN,I Dont Know who it was,DO TELL the avgs

if Mj wasnt carried,wade and Kobe were

They mustve had some godly or a super stacked team,do tell us the avgs of these who did the carrying
Flash31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 08:37 PM   #20
Sharmer
Alpha Centauri

Sharmer posts stuff that is definitely making some people angrySharmer posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry

Shaq could of been GOAT but he got fat and lazy, he could have had 7-8 rings.
Sharmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 08:56 PM   #21
hitmanyr2k
Complete Player

hitmanyr2k is a pretty well-respected posterhitmanyr2k is a pretty well-respected posterhitmanyr2k is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamil

Here's the gist of it. The NBA was suffering from image problems (after the Malice at the Palace) and scoring was down making games a chore to watch. Fans who love defense didn't give a f**k but the casual fan wanted to see more scoring so the NBA tried to artificially manufacture higher scoring games with rule changes that were a great benefit to the perimeter stars of the league since those rule changes practically handcuffed defenders. As a result defenders couldn't lay a finger on players like Wade which made it much tougher to guard him especially when the refs were still adjusting to these new rules and calling any little bit of contact. The Mavs couldn't touch Wade without hearing the whistle blow and the guy averaged 16 free thows a game in the Finals which was unheard of for a perimeter player.

These new rules also ushered in the offensive flopping era. The perimeter stars recognized that they were always going to get the benefit of any contact even if they initiated it so that started the flailing theatrics, guys whipping their limbs around after shots, the verbal flops with players screaming like they were getting murdered, the rip-thru move, etc. It took almost a decade for the league to finally start doing something about players making a mockery of the game.
hitmanyr2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 09:05 PM   #22
La Frescobaldi
I brick nerf balls

La Frescobaldi has a near all-star reputation hereLa Frescobaldi has a near all-star reputation hereLa Frescobaldi has a near all-star reputation hereLa Frescobaldi has a near all-star reputation hereLa Frescobaldi has a near all-star reputation hereLa Frescobaldi has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flash31
YEAH SURE A GUY WHO AVG 35,5,5 Fr the 06 Finals and 30,5,5 was carried
I can see that,the people carrying him must have had some godly stats than
if he avg 30,5,5, and was CARRIED

AND MJ AVG The same amount with a Prime Pippen and 60+win team,and 50%shooting kerr,and GOAT REBOUNDER in Rodman wasnt

man SHAQ MUSTVE Put up his DOMINANT 30 or even 25 pt avg with 10-15 rbs and just overtaken or somebody else mustve been the sole focus of the other teams d,I watched the 06 playoffs and yet couldn see anybody,hmmm

DO TELL US The Godly stats of the players carrying Wade that year in the playoofs,mustve Really been something if avg 30,5,5 and 35,5,5 in the Finals he gOT CARRIED

MAN,I Dont Know who it was,DO TELL the avgs

if Mj wasnt carried,wade and Kobe were

They mustve had some godly or a super stacked team,do tell us the avgs of these who did the carrying

lulz looking like you need a couple jiggers of Crown to polish off that buzz you got started
La Frescobaldi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 09:13 PM   #23
Flash31
Local High School Star

Flash31 is a pretty well-respected posterFlash31 is a pretty well-respected posterFlash31 is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by hitmanyr2k
Here's the gist of it. The NBA was suffering from image problems (after the Malice at the Palace) and scoring was down making games a chore to watch. Fans who love defense didn't give a f**k but the casual fan wanted to see more scoring so the NBA tried to artificially manufacture higher scoring games with rule changes that were a great benefit to the perimeter stars of the league since those rule changes practically handcuffed defenders. As a result defenders couldn't lay a finger on players like Wade which made it much tougher to guard him especially when the refs were still adjusting to these new rules and calling any little bit of contact. The Mavs couldn't touch Wade without hearing the whistle blow and the guy averaged 16 free thows a game in the Finals which was unheard of for a perimeter player.

These new rules also ushered in the offensive flopping era. The perimeter stars recognized that they were always going to get the benefit of any contact even if they initiated it so that started the flailing theatrics, guys whipping their limbs around after shots, the verbal flops with players screaming like they were getting murdered, the rip-thru move, etc. It took almost a decade for the league to finally start doing something about players making a mockery of the game.

well considering that Dirk avg 20,20 fta in the OKC series along with Durant avg 19 in 2011

and Harden avg more fta than anybody else in the league,and kobe avg 9

its only the beginning of a resurgence of fta increasing

I mean lebron avg 6.5 fta,wade 5,harden 11

and while flopping is getting fined now,there are way less scorers now,and 20 pt scorers

and stars are fading or already made,and were seeing more and more 70,80,low 90 pt games

expect either a rule change or prefernces being made

there are developing stars that well need to be made yet again and well its not just fga thatll increase now
so expect the rising potential stars to go from 4-6 fta to 10 or a resurgance for old stars

Kobe from 6 to 9
harden from 6 to11
durant increasing his totals

Almost a dceade has passed,but the rule remains the same,fade or established or unstoppable star,less fta and calls,

emerging star becomes untouchable,resurging star increase in fta
Flash31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 09:18 PM   #24
Living Being
Entity of Existence

Living Being has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by hitmanyr2k

Most legit post on this forum in months.
Living Being is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 09:29 PM   #25
kentatm
NBA Legend

kentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-Low
Times Wade even SNIFFED a ring before Shaq = 0
Times Wade even SNIFFED a ring between the time Shaq left and the time LeBron came = 0

It's not really that farfetched to say that Wade gets carried to rings. He won finals MVP because Shaq distracted enough of the defense's attention to make it easier for Wade to go to work. He's a good sidekick that does his best work when he's the defense's second priority. Definitely not a comment that's worthy of a face

That's not true though. Dallas played Shaq straight up most of that series. In fact I'd say that Alonzo Mourning was more important to their 06 win b/c every time he came in the Mavs offense flat out vanished.
kentatm is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 10:45 PM   #26
Nezty
Decent playground baller

Nezty is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Quote:
Originally Posted by La Frescobaldi
lulz looking like you need a couple jiggers of Crown to polish off that buzz you got started

I was thinking the same shit, Lol. Seems like dude got a bit offended.
Nezty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 10:46 PM   #27
Mr. I'm So Rad
So What If It Is

Mr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orlando Magic
Heh, prime Shaq > Jordan, James, Bryant, Wade... etc...

Careers? Jordan > Shaq >>>>>>>>> Bryant >> James >>>>>>> Wade

Kobe >>>>> the entire Magic franchise
Mr. I'm So Rad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 10:46 PM   #28
sportjames23
MJ>>>>Lebron KD & Kobe

sportjames23 has a terrific reputationsportjames23 has a terrific reputationsportjames23 has a terrific reputationsportjames23 has a terrific reputationsportjames23 has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orlando Magic
Heh, prime Shaq > Jordan, James, Bryant, Wade... etc...

Careers? Jordan > Shaq >>>>>>>>> Bryant >> James >>>>>>> Wade

You obviously never saw prime Jordan.
sportjames23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 10:51 PM   #29
Straight_Ballin
Local High School Star

Straight_Ballin is starting to rub some people the wrong wayStraight_Ballin is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavsSuperFan
I have always thought prime shaq was the best player since MJ

And then Duncan

Nothing to think about. This is a factual statement that is easy to justify and agreed upon by most fans.
Straight_Ballin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 10:54 PM   #30
Straight_Ballin
Local High School Star

Straight_Ballin is starting to rub some people the wrong wayStraight_Ballin is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flash31
well considering that Dirk avg 20,20 fta in the OKC series along with Durant avg 19 in 2011

and Harden avg more fta than anybody else in the league,and kobe avg 9

its only the beginning of a resurgence of fta increasing

I mean lebron avg 6.5 fta,wade 5,harden 11

and while flopping is getting fined now,there are way less scorers now,and 20 pt scorers

and stars are fading or already made,and were seeing more and more 70,80,low 90 pt games

expect either a rule change or prefernces being made

there are developing stars that well need to be made yet again and well its not just fga thatll increase now
so expect the rising potential stars to go from 4-6 fta to 10 or a resurgance for old stars

Kobe from 6 to 9
harden from 6 to11
durant increasing his totals

Almost a dceade has passed,but the rule remains the same,fade or established or unstoppable star,less fta and calls,

emerging star becomes untouchable,resurging star increase in fta

As good of a post as this is, sadly it will go over these young pups heads. These kids want to believe that the only era they know is the best era.
Straight_Ballin is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: