Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 05-24-2013, 12:23 PM   #1
Ne 1
College superstar

Ne 1 is a pretty well-respected posterNe 1 is a pretty well-respected posterNe 1 is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Phil Jackson picks Bill Russell over MJ & basically says MJ or Kobe is a pick 'em

Quote:
If given the choice of any player in NBA history to start a franchise, legendary coach Phil Jackson says Celtics center Bill Russell would win out over his former player Michael Jordan.

“In my estimation, the guy that has to be there would be Bill Russell. He has won 11 championships as a player,” Jackson said in an interview with Time. “That’s really the idea of what excellence is, when you win championships.”

In addition to his 11 titles with the Celtics in the 1950s and 1960s, Russell was a five-time MVP and 12-time All-Star. Jordan won six championships playing for the Bulls in the 1990s under Jackson, earning five MVP awards and 14 All-Star Game selections.

Jackson dodged when asked to select between Jordan and Lakers guard Kobe Bryant, whom he coached to five titles between 2000 and 2010.

“I would flip a coin,” he said. “Whichever one came up heads or tails, I’d take that person. They were that good.”

Last edited by Ne 1 : 05-24-2013 at 12:28 PM.
Ne 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 12:27 PM   #2
Connor B
High School Varsity 12th Man

Connor B has not been impressing people
Default Re: Phil Jackson picks Bill Russell over MJ & basically says MJ or Kobe is pick 'em

Phil Jackson is so overrated.
Connor B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 01:11 PM   #3
b0bab0i
National High School Star

b0bab0i is a pretty well-respected posterb0bab0i is a pretty well-respected posterb0bab0i is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: Phil Jackson picks Bill Russell over MJ & basically says MJ or Kobe is pick 'em

pOST liNKS to sauces?
b0bab0i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 01:33 PM   #4
AngelEyes
Sentenza

AngelEyes has a near all-star reputation hereAngelEyes has a near all-star reputation hereAngelEyes has a near all-star reputation hereAngelEyes has a near all-star reputation hereAngelEyes has a near all-star reputation hereAngelEyes has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0bab0i
pOST liNKS to sauces?

http://southernfood.about.com/od/spa...r/bl30623n.htm

http://allrecipes.com/recipe/alfredo-sauce-2/
AngelEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 01:58 PM   #5
b0bab0i
National High School Star

b0bab0i is a pretty well-respected posterb0bab0i is a pretty well-respected posterb0bab0i is a pretty well-respected poster

b0bab0i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 02:01 PM   #6
LAZERUSS
NBA lottery pick

LAZERUSS is popular on this boardLAZERUSS is popular on this boardLAZERUSS is popular on this boardLAZERUSS is popular on this boardLAZERUSS is popular on this board
Default Re: Phil Jackson picks Bill Russell over MJ & basically says MJ or Kobe is a pick 'em

Who the hell is Phil Jackson, and just what the hell does he know about basketball?
LAZERUSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 02:11 PM   #7
SamuraiSWISH
Samurai Swoosh

SamuraiSWISH is considered somewhat coolSamuraiSWISH is considered somewhat coolSamuraiSWISH is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: Phil Jackson picks Bill Russell over MJ & basically says MJ or Kobe is a pick 'em

Dat backpedaling

Kobe prob sent him a spiteful text message
SamuraiSWISH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 02:15 PM   #8
jstern
Great college starter

jstern has decent reputationjstern has decent reputation

Wtf.

At the Kobe. Not just because Jordan is in a different level, but because he was less of a headache for him.

Last edited by jstern : 05-24-2013 at 02:51 PM.
jstern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 02:35 PM   #9
Shade8780
GOATin

Shade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Bill Russell is probably the 2nd best player of all time after MJ. It's not crazy to say he was better than Jordan. Russ was a beast.

Last edited by Shade8780 : 05-24-2013 at 02:45 PM.
Shade8780 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 02:45 PM   #10
tikay0
Banned

tikay0 is starting to rub some people the wrong waytikay0 is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shade8780
Bill Russell is probably the 2nd best player of all time after MJ. It's not crazy to say he was better than Jordan. Russ was a beast.

Not even close my friend. The only player that has a case for clear cut 2nd best, and arguably tied with MJ is Kareem.

Bill Russell was like Dwight Howard with b-ball IQ, much better defender, rebounder, shot blocker, and overall intangibles.

He was Dennis Rodman mixed with Barkley, and a dash of Howard, but better than all 3.
tikay0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 02:46 PM   #11
Shade8780
GOATin

Shade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by tikay0
Not even close my friend. The only player that has a case for clear cut 2nd best, and arguably tied with MJ is Kareem.

Bill Russell was like Dwight Howard with b-ball IQ, much better defender, rebounder, shot blocker, and overall intangibles.

He was Dennis Rodman mixed with Barkley, and a dash of Howard, but better than all 3.
Russell was the ultimate team player. He could get in the head of anybody, could dominate the game by taking five shots, and was one of the best passers in the league at the time. Hondo said their team took a huge shock the year after he retired because they ran through his passes.

He was super unselfish and was the GOAT defender and rebounder. Also, an amazing athlete. If I got a team full of shooters I'm gonna pick Russell, if I have a team with scrubs, I'm taking MJ.
Old 05-24-2013, 02:49 PM   #12
tikay0
Banned

tikay0 is starting to rub some people the wrong waytikay0 is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shade8780
Russell was the ultimate team player. He could get in the head of anybody, could dominate the game by taking five shots, and was one of the best passers in the league at the time. Hondo said their team took a huge shock the year after he retired because they ran through his passes.

He was super unselfish and was the GOAT defender and rebounder. Also, an amazing athlete. If I got a team full of shooters I'm gonna pick Russell, if I have a team with scrubs, I'm taking MJ.

Agree. Bill Russell is hands down the greatest defender of all time. I would love to start a franchise with Mr. Russell. I still put MJ and Kareem SLIGHTLY ahead of him. I mean by the slightest of margins.

Russell on defense was like a cheat code. Never knew he was such a great passer. Makes him even more deadly.

Last edited by tikay0 : 05-24-2013 at 02:57 PM.
tikay0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 02:54 PM   #13
Crafty
fcporto

Crafty has an OK reputation so far

Yeah, Bill won a lot and you can argue between him and Mj to start a franchise, but MJ or Kobe? C'mon ...
Crafty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 03:01 PM   #14
Mr. I'm So Rad
So What If It Is

Mr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

No surprise. If given the choice, Phil would also take Shaq over MJ. He's always felt that basketball is a big man's game.
Mr. I'm So Rad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 03:06 PM   #15
Shade8780
GOATin

The only reason I really think Russell has a case over Kareem is that Bill had such heart and was obsessed with winning. It was almost scary He got sick before every single game. I never really saw a killer instinct in Kareem.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: