Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 05-23-2013, 07:17 PM   #1
DuMa
Canned

DuMa has a terrific reputationDuMa has a terrific reputationDuMa has a terrific reputationDuMa has a terrific reputationDuMa has a terrific reputation
Default Hibbert thinks Battier kneed him on purpose

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.c...medium=twitter

Roy Hibbert ✔
@Hoya2aPacer

U can knee or kick me every time u drive 2the rim. Ill be there 2protect the rim. That wasn't inadvertent. Battier knew what he was doing

Hell its so damn obvious because Battier never even tries to dunk in a game.
DuMa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 07:19 PM   #2
shortsoptional
Great young streetballer

shortsoptional has a terrific reputationshortsoptional has a terrific reputationshortsoptional has a terrific reputationshortsoptional has a terrific reputationshortsoptional has a terrific reputation
Default Re: Hibbert thinks Battier kneed him on purpose

Seemed like it was obvious to me...If players normally led with their knees, it would happen a lot more often.
shortsoptional is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 07:22 PM   #3
niko
I Run NY.

niko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I don't get why that wasn't a flagrant 1. It was definitely reckless. Hibbert is 100% right.

I guarantee in this series they hit Battier and he lies down for 5 minutes until the flagrant is called then bounces up like a soccer player.
niko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 07:22 PM   #4
taucesays
High school junior varsity star

taucesays has no real reputation yet.

Battier is a bitch from Duke. Not surprising at all
taucesays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 07:23 PM   #5
CanYouDigIt
Banned

CanYouDigIt has one of the lowest reputations on this boardCanYouDigIt has one of the lowest reputations on this boardCanYouDigIt has one of the lowest reputations on this boardCanYouDigIt has one of the lowest reputations on this boardCanYouDigIt has one of the lowest reputations on this boardCanYouDigIt has one of the lowest reputations on this board

CanYouDigIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 07:23 PM   #6
TheReal Kendall
Love Live Life

TheReal Kendall has a bad reputationTheReal Kendall has a bad reputationTheReal Kendall has a bad reputationTheReal Kendall has a bad reputation

It was obvious. I was taught when driving to lead with your knee to create space.
TheReal Kendall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 07:26 PM   #7
Crown&Coke
Stay Strong Droth

Crown&Coke is popular on this boardCrown&Coke is popular on this boardCrown&Coke is popular on this boardCrown&Coke is popular on this boardCrown&Coke is popular on this board

Battier is a scrappy player. When Melo lit up the HEAT a few months ago, the game was pretty much decided and he fouled Melo pretty hard for no apparent reason.

So it doesn't surprise me he would do it on purpose. Although it seems more like him trying to do something to keep from getting his shit stuffed at the rim. Karl Malone scored countless points with that method
Crown&Coke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 07:28 PM   #8
outbreak
Custom User Title

outbreak has an incredible reputation hereoutbreak has an incredible reputation hereoutbreak has an incredible reputation hereoutbreak has an incredible reputation hereoutbreak has an incredible reputation hereoutbreak has an incredible reputation here

of course it was deliberate, he wasn't going for the nuts but he was going for the knee. I used to do this back in the day when the refs weren't calling hard fouls on defenders.
outbreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 07:32 PM   #9
Fallen Angel
Let The Games Begin

Fallen Angel has a near all-star reputation hereFallen Angel has a near all-star reputation hereFallen Angel has a near all-star reputation hereFallen Angel has a near all-star reputation hereFallen Angel has a near all-star reputation hereFallen Angel has a near all-star reputation here

I don't care if Battier did it on purpose. I would have done the same thing. I hate Miami and they're the last team I wish they'd win a ring but I don't have a problem with Battier doing what he did.
Fallen Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 07:34 PM   #10
Derka
Go C's!

Derka has an incredible reputation hereDerka has an incredible reputation hereDerka has an incredible reputation hereDerka has an incredible reputation hereDerka has an incredible reputation hereDerka has an incredible reputation hereDerka has an incredible reputation here

Of course he did it on purpose
Derka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 07:36 PM   #11
KG215
NBA Legend

KG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crown&Coke
Battier is a dirty player.
Fixed. And I'll take it a step further: Battier is the dirtiest player in the NBA.
KG215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 07:36 PM   #12
Droid101
3-time NBA All-Star

Droid101 has an incredible reputation hereDroid101 has an incredible reputation hereDroid101 has an incredible reputation hereDroid101 has an incredible reputation hereDroid101 has an incredible reputation hereDroid101 has an incredible reputation hereDroid101 has an incredible reputation hereDroid101 has an incredible reputation here

Uh, it was completely obvious and intentional. Nobody jumps like that. He was intentionally trying to cause another player to be harmed. Those are usually Flagrants.
Droid101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 07:38 PM   #13
dbk123
Banned

dbk123 has not been impressing people

Quote:
Originally Posted by KG215
Fixed. And I'll take it a step further: Battier is the dirtiest player in the NBA.
not even the dude that ****ed up westbrook's knee?
dbk123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 07:40 PM   #14
KG215
NBA Legend

KG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbk123
Not right now he's not. Battier's got a longer history of doing shit like this. He's just really sneaky with his dirtiness.
KG215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 07:40 PM   #15
TheReal Kendall
Love Live Life

TheReal Kendall has a bad reputationTheReal Kendall has a bad reputationTheReal Kendall has a bad reputationTheReal Kendall has a bad reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbk123

That wasn't intentional.
TheReal Kendall is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: