Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 05-15-2013, 12:05 AM   #16
johndeeregreen
Oh yeah, Mitch Kramer?

johndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Jay Harris Turns Down Football Scholarship to Pursue Rap Career

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
True but given his situation? Yes. He'd be on scholarship. These videos leak and he is being called into the coaches office asap. Cant have a kid playing for MSU rapping the things he does. Media would be all over it.

That said, he's dumb to tghrow away a free education while playing football to rap. Guy sucks. Be one thing if dude was actually good.
It wouldn't matter even if he was. He can start a rap career in 4 years as well as he can today. Only difference is if it bombs he will have a degree that he didn't even have to pay for to fall back on. If his career fizzles he can't go back and get a uni to foot a six figure bill for him. Just plain dumb.
johndeeregreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 03:55 PM   #17
Just2McFly
By Any Means

Just2McFly has a terrific reputationJust2McFly has a terrific reputationJust2McFly has a terrific reputationJust2McFly has a terrific reputationJust2McFly has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by johndeeregreen
It wouldn't matter even if he was. He can start a rap career in 4 years as well as he can today. Only difference is if it bombs he will have a degree that he didn't even have to pay for to fall back on. If his career fizzles he can't go back and get a uni to foot a six figure bill for him. Just plain dumb.
This is what I'm thinking as well. Dude can rap on the side while playing football, it's not like he's committed to it now, dude is trash. Worse than PB.
Just2McFly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 04:14 PM   #18
CeltsGarlic
Real quick

CeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

damn, that beat and whole song is fvcking terrible. I could be his producer.
CeltsGarlic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 04:19 PM   #19
ace23

ace23 has a bad reputationace23 has a bad reputationace23 has a bad reputationace23 has a bad reputation

Had more likes than dislikes yesterday. Lol
ace23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 04:19 PM   #20
B-Low
The Love B-Low

B-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just2McFly
This is what I'm thinking as well. Dude can rap on the side while playing football, it's not like he's committed to it now, dude is trash. Worse than PB.

B-Low is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 05:24 PM   #21
n00bie
Vince's Real Daddy

n00bie is considered somewhat cooln00bie is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by ace23
http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/r...-football.html

Mixtape dropping June 1.

Here's his single

EDIT: Is that kentatm from ISH in the top comments? lol small world

Looks more like they rejected his scholarship.

"Jay Harris, one of the area’s top football recruits, was stripped of his scholarship by Michigan State earlier this month after he posted a series of profanity-laced rap videos on YouTube, a source said Tuesday."

Article claims it was a "mutual decision", but I'm pretty sure he didn't want to give up the scholarship. He just made a stupid decision to smoke drugs & video tape it.
n00bie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 05:53 PM   #22
ace23

ace23 has a bad reputationace23 has a bad reputationace23 has a bad reputationace23 has a bad reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by n00bie

"Jay Harris, one of the area’s top football recruits, was stripped of his scholarship by Michigan State earlier this month after he posted a series of profanity-laced rap videos on YouTube, a source said Tuesday."

Article claims it was a "mutual decision", but I'm pretty sure he didn't want to give up the scholarship. He just made a stupid decision to smoke drugs & video tape it.
Why don't you believe it was a mutual decision?

Quote:
Harris, a senior wide receiver, said he freely chose a rap career over football. A Michigan State spokesman said it was “a mutual decision.”

“I’ve always had this in the back of my head, but never had the courage to tell my parents that this is what I want to do,” Harris said.

Last edited by ace23 : 05-15-2013 at 05:56 PM.
ace23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 06:31 PM   #23
TheReal Kendall
Love Live Life

TheReal Kendall has a bad reputationTheReal Kendall has a bad reputationTheReal Kendall has a bad reputation

Dumb move! That it is all.
TheReal Kendall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 08:45 PM   #24
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:

Yes it does matter. You can rap like he does while being on scholarship for a div 1 program. Especially one like MSU. I'm not sure you watched his videos. The content he spews would have reached sportsmedia and it would be curtains. Colleges are not going to allow this "rapper" to rap like that while being on scholarship to play football for them. Image. Lets be real. He would have to revisit rap after his football career is over. Cant do both. By rap career I'm talking about putting your material out for social media to listen, videos included.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 08:53 PM   #25
TheReturn
Rnbizzle 2.0

TheReturn is a pretty well-respected posterTheReturn is a pretty well-respected posterTheReturn is a pretty well-respected posterTheReturn is a pretty well-respected poster

yolo
TheReturn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 09:25 PM   #26
johndeeregreen
Oh yeah, Mitch Kramer?

johndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Yes it does matter. You can rap like he does while being on scholarship for a div 1 program. Especially one like MSU. I'm not sure you watched his videos. The content he spews would have reached sportsmedia and it would be curtains. Colleges are not going to allow this "rapper" to rap like that while being on scholarship to play football for them. Image. Lets be real. He would have to revisit rap after his football career is over. Cant do both. By rap career I'm talking about putting your material out for social media to listen, videos included.
Um, I'm not sure we understand each other here, GOBB.

I said it doesn't matter if he's good or not. Because it doesn't. Even if he was an amazing rapper, he'd be stupid to not put that on hold for 4 years to receive free education. He an revisit his career once his paid for schooling is done.

You seem to be arguing to agree with me. I'm not trying to be a dick, I just have absolutely no idea what you're trying to say that's any different than what I said.
johndeeregreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 10:13 PM   #27
Thorpesaurous
NBA rookie of the year

Thorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by n00bie

OK. So they gave him an ultimatum, cut this shit out and pull these videos down, or you can't play football here, and he chose the music.
Wouldn't be my choice. I'da stuck out the ride, taken some music classes, maybe some writing courses, and worked on my shit in private until I was out. But I can at least respect the decision, quality of content not withstanding.
And I'm fine with the University's line on something like this.
Thorpesaurous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 10:46 PM   #28
Bandito
NBA Superstar

Bandito is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBandito is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBandito is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBandito is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBandito is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBandito is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBandito is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBandito is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBandito is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBandito is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBandito is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
What an idiot.

There is no way you clicked on the link and listened to him rap along with other videos on the right side he has. Go do it then get back here and post the RIGHT thing to say.
While I still by what I said you're right. I think I have sh1t in my ears after hearing that sorry excuse for rap music.
Bandito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 10:54 PM   #29
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Um, I'm not sure we understand each other here, GOBB.

I said it doesn't matter if he's good or not. Because it doesn't. Even if he was an amazing rapper, he'd be stupid to not put that on hold for 4 years to receive free education. He an revisit his career once his paid for schooling is done.

You seem to be arguing to agree with me. I'm not trying to be a dick, I just have absolutely no idea what you're trying to say that's any different than what I said.

My bad I didnt fully read your comment. I was multitasking at the time. Also under the influence of booze.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 03:57 AM   #30
Jackass18
The Iron Price

Jackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
That said, he's dumb to tghrow away a free education while playing football to rap. Guy sucks. Be one thing if dude was actually good.

He's saving all of his good material (probably more Jordan analogies) for his future 10x platinum album.
Jackass18 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: