Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 05-14-2013, 10:36 AM   #31
Kaspah
We hoopin?

Kaspah is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKaspah is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKaspah is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKaspah is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKaspah is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKaspah is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKaspah is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKaspah is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKaspah is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: I got accepted to be a dorm RA.. any advice?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just2McFly
Yeah I'd quit, college kids are idiotic and delusional. I used to date an RA and some of fvcking stories she told me was insane. A free room isnt worth that shit imo.But if you are going through with this, go fvcking hard. Who cares if people like you, you're job is to be these kids parents away from home, fvck their feelings. Either take bribes, or shut that shit down.

And how the fvck is an RA a snitch? Their job is to ensure rules are being followed, they are part of the governing body. Are cops snitches too?

Yeah bro, cops are snitches, too.

I'm all for peace and fairness. However, smoking weed is not a problem, it's not menacing, it causes no harm. To report smoking bud, that sheys weak.

No reason it should be illegal.

Being drunk is so much more dangerous and risky then smoking some bud and being high. Its night and day difference.
Kaspah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 10:58 AM   #32
lpublic_enemyl
Local High School Star

lpublic_enemyl is considered somewhat coollpublic_enemyl is considered somewhat cool

prepare to have very little money, otherwise enjoy
lpublic_enemyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 12:02 PM   #33
Myth
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Myth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic chiongson
never had a 'cool' RA before..most of them were nerds

Well yeah, but nerds can be cool too, in the sense that they can appreciate people having a good time and can be fun to talk to. Essentially, everybody on this site is a nerd in some way. It may be about sports primarily, but we are all on a message board after all.
Myth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 12:25 PM   #34
ace23

ace23 has a bad reputationace23 has a bad reputationace23 has a bad reputationace23 has a bad reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by unbreakable
i cant sleep with girls that live in my dorm... everyone else is game. as for the rest you trippin
I thought you said you couldn't date girls in your dorm.
ace23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 12:57 PM   #35
macmac
Gov'n

macmac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemacmac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemacmac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemacmac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemacmac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemacmac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemacmac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemacmac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemacmac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemacmac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemacmac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by ace23

I thought you said you had basic comprehension of the english language
macmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 01:03 PM   #36
Myth

Myth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by macmac

Old 05-14-2013, 01:08 PM   #37
tomtucker
NBA rookie of the year

tomtucker has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myth
I'm guessing you are either young or passed on college. It means Resident Assistant. It is when a college hires a student to be an authority figure in a dorm. They generally have to report misbehavior to the Resident Director (RD).

in other words, a snitch.........
tomtucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 01:20 PM   #38
Bandito
NBA Superstar

Bandito is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBandito is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBandito is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBandito is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBandito is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBandito is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBandito is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBandito is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBandito is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBandito is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBandito is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick Chewing
Buy a crown and wear it every day. Rule with an iron fist. Be brave, bold, and comfort thy lonely maidens in your bed.

But seriously, I'd get a crown.
You should get one seriously and a king cane sticky thingie with a diamond (fake! obviously) on top! And a cape!
Bandito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 02:01 PM   #39
Myth

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomtucker
in other words, a snitch.........

Yeah. Although, typically when people think of snitches being so terrible, they are thinking of the ones who you think you can trust. People know who the RAs are, so there is no secret about it. Essentially, on day 1 the RAs say "Hi, I'm your RA, so don't do stuff that will get you in trouble around me."
Old 05-14-2013, 02:27 PM   #40
ace23

ace23 has a bad reputationace23 has a bad reputationace23 has a bad reputationace23 has a bad reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by macmac
Hilarious
ace23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 03:12 PM   #41
StocktonFan
Banned

StocktonFan has an OK reputation so far

No one likes RA's because you have to enforce rules that even you

either turn your head when people drink in the dorms or dont take the job. Otherwise you will be hated... i can't recall any other time people liked RA's.
StocktonFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 03:27 PM   #42
Myth

Quote:
Originally Posted by StocktonFan
No one likes RA's because you have to enforce rules that even you

either turn your head when people drink in the dorms or dont take the job. Otherwise you will be hated... i can't recall any other time people liked RA's.

Just give them unofficial warnings even if it the rule is 1st time offenses get reported.
Old 05-14-2013, 04:10 PM   #43
Nick Young
WE THE PEOPLE

Nick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just2McFly
Yeah I'd quit, college kids are idiotic and delusional. I used to date an RA and some of fvcking stories she told me was insane. A free room isnt worth that shit imo.But if you are going through with this, go fvcking hard. Who cares if people like you, you're job is to be these kids parents away from home, fvck their feelings. Either take bribes, or shut that shit down.

And how the fvck is an RA a snitch? Their job is to ensure rules are being followed, they are part of the governing body. Are cops snitches too?
going around knocking on people's doors if they hear alchohol then snitching it out to the uni is definition of a snitch.

What is wrong with 18 year old kids drinking alchohol? Absolutely nothing.

RA=Snitch.
Nick Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 04:12 PM   #44
Nick Young
WE THE PEOPLE

Nick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by ace23
Why is this even a rule
Why is the uni controling who you are allowed to have sex with

so much bullshit about this arrangement.
Nick Young is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: