Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 05-14-2013, 02:48 AM   #16
Myth
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Myth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: I got accepted to be a dorm RA.. any advice?

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomieWeMajor
What's an RA ?

I'm guessing you are either young or passed on college. It means Resident Assistant. It is when a college hires a student to be an authority figure in a dorm. They generally have to report misbehavior to the Resident Director (RD).
Myth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 02:51 AM   #17
HomieWeMajor
In Riley I Trust

HomieWeMajor is a pretty well-respected posterHomieWeMajor is a pretty well-respected posterHomieWeMajor is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myth
I'm guessing you are either young or passed on college. It means Resident Assistant. It is when a college hires a student to be an authority figure in a dorm. They generally have to report misbehavior to the Resident Director (RD).
Nah just don't live in the US
HomieWeMajor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 02:54 AM   #18
The Macho Man
Randy Savage

The Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Take bribes
The Macho Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 02:54 AM   #19
Myth

Myth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomieWeMajor
Nah just don't live in the US

Ah, I got ya. Do they have them in your country under a different name? If so, what are they called and what country?
Old 05-14-2013, 02:59 AM   #20
fiddy
HC4L

fiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
RA=Snitch?
fiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 03:02 AM   #21
HomieWeMajor
In Riley I Trust

HomieWeMajor is a pretty well-respected posterHomieWeMajor is a pretty well-respected posterHomieWeMajor is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Ah, I got ya. Do they have them in your country under a different name? If so, what are they called and what country?
I'm from England and I don't think they have them over here but I can't be sure since I didn't live in halls for uni.
HomieWeMajor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 03:10 AM   #22
Myth

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiddy
RA=Snitch?

Pretty much.
Old 05-14-2013, 03:15 AM   #23
magic chiongson
I post-up midgets

magic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

never had a 'cool' RA before..most of them were nerds

my advice..tell the kids you'll leave them alone as long as they don't get caught :)

Last edited by magic chiongson : 05-14-2013 at 03:18 AM.
magic chiongson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 03:55 AM   #24
Lakers Legend#32
Decent college freshman

Lakers Legend#32 has decent reputation

First off, what is someone in their mid-20's still doing in college?
Maintaining a 2.5 GPA is not that big a deal.

Finally, hate to burst your bubble but nothing in life is free. What you save on money and food and rent, you will pay the price with emotional distress, social isolationism, and agravation.

Get out while you can or expect the worst year of your life.
Lakers Legend#32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 04:17 AM   #25
InspiredLebowski
Roy Hibbert Super Star

InspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Macho Man
Take bribes
Seriously, do that.
InspiredLebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 04:29 AM   #26
Nick Young
WE THE PEOPLE

Nick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by unbreakable
i agree. however if i dont snitch in big things (like weed) i can get fired so im gonna tell them "zero tolerance on marijuana". i will also tell them "dont be stupid enough to smoke indoors at a campus facility. go to a friends house or somethiing"
lol wtf fired for weed smoke on campus, u going to BYU mormon land or something?
Nick Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 04:32 AM   #27
InspiredLebowski
Roy Hibbert Super Star

InspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

what kinda dorm we talkin? usual double digit story single room type setup? I guess I just got lucky and got put in the upperclassmen apartment quad setup as a freshman.
InspiredLebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 04:36 AM   #28
Balla_Status

Balla_Status is a pretty well-respected posterBalla_Status is a pretty well-respected posterBalla_Status is a pretty well-respected posterBalla_Status is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by unbreakable
I just got grades back and I kept my GPA above a 2.5 so Im gonna be an RA afterall.... get my own room too

Very excited. Mid 20s, male, free rent free food..

Anyone got advice on how to follow the rules and how to enforce the rules on 18 yr old college kids twisted up on testosterone and hormones? Also im not allowed to date any of the girl residents (700 people live at this dorm.. probably around 60% are female) and i have to be very careful not to get into any trouble with beer or weed

If you know someone's drinking beer/liqour inside a dorm, don't be a douche and raid it. If they bring it out of the dorm room, do something about it. If not, let it be and claim ignorance.

Weed is a different story. That shit smells nasty and is an annoyance to people living there.

My buddy built a half pipe in his dorm room. It was loud as hell.

Good times...Miss 'em.

Freshman think they're pretty much invincible. I know I did. We literally walked around the dorms with booze in our hands the last day of spring finals. Pretty damn stupid.

I know people do inspections during fire drills and honestly, if they have liqour out, I'd report them. If they're not smart enough to hide it then they're not smart enough to drink it.

Last edited by Balla_Status : 05-14-2013 at 04:39 AM.
Balla_Status is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 04:42 AM   #29
Balla_Status

Balla_Status is a pretty well-respected posterBalla_Status is a pretty well-respected posterBalla_Status is a pretty well-respected posterBalla_Status is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakers Legend#32
First off, what is someone in their mid-20's still doing in college?
Maintaining a 2.5 GPA is not that big a deal.

Finally, hate to burst your bubble but nothing in life is free. What you save on money and food and rent, you will pay the price with emotional distress, social isolationism, and agravation.

Get out while you can or expect the worst year of your life.

Depends on when he got in. Everybody's different.

I'd say you're right about the 2.5 unless there are some extenuating circumstances. A 2.5 is acceptable if you're engineering though.
Balla_Status is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 10:23 AM   #30
Just2McFly
By Any Means

Just2McFly is popular on this boardJust2McFly is popular on this boardJust2McFly is popular on this boardJust2McFly is popular on this boardJust2McFly is popular on this board

Yeah I'd quit, college kids are idiotic and delusional. I used to date an RA and some of fvcking stories she told me was insane. A free room isnt worth that shit imo.But if you are going through with this, go fvcking hard. Who cares if people like you, you're job is to be these kids parents away from home, fvck their feelings. Either take bribes, or shut that shit down.

And how the fvck is an RA a snitch? Their job is to ensure rules are being followed, they are part of the governing body. Are cops snitches too?
Just2McFly is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: