Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 05-14-2013, 01:18 AM   #1
Fawker
Prove it honkey

Fawker is starting to rub some people the wrong wayFawker is starting to rub some people the wrong way
Default during hot days do you drive with the AC on or windows down?

AC feels so much better than hot ass wind blowing in but they say it drains gas?
Fawker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 01:19 AM   #2
9erempiree
26 yrs of watching NBA

9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board
Default Re: during hot days do you drive with the AC on or windows down?

AC.

It's a myth. With the windows down it causes drag and you actually waste more gas, so keep the AC on.
9erempiree is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 01:25 AM   #3
fiddy
HC4L

fiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Depends how hot is outside and what road you are driving on. Generally i prefer windows down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9erempiree
AC.

It's a myth. With the windows down it causes drag and you actually waste more gas, so keep the AC on.
Im having hard time believing that
fiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 01:33 AM   #4
D-Rose
Mavericks/Bulls

D-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I remember seeing a study on the drag thing...I think it said if you're going 55-60 MPH or above, the drag negates gas saved by turning AC off. I basically follow this rule.
D-Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 01:35 AM   #5
qrich
King Heno

qrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation here

When you live in Phoenix, with the temperature reaching 100 by noon, AC is an absolute must.
qrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 01:48 AM   #6
unbreakable
National High School Star

unbreakable posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryunbreakable posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry

AC definitely uses gas. I try to live a very efficient lifestyle so I roll windows down all day every day even night time too to save gas. usually halfway down or all the way .. halfway if im on the highway

even when im with a female its windows down or halfway.. keep it fresh
unbreakable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 02:56 AM   #7
imnew09
2*/5

imnew09 is starting to rub some people the wrong wayimnew09 is starting to rub some people the wrong way

I read a science paper in high school that assumes cars spend less gas with the a/c on
imnew09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 03:02 AM   #8
flipogb
Banned

flipogb is a pretty well-respected posterflipogb is a pretty well-respected posterflipogb is a pretty well-respected posterflipogb is a pretty well-respected poster

if you can afford to own a car that has a working AC, then you should use it.
flipogb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 03:03 AM   #9
KG215
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

KG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by qrich
When you live in Phoenix, with the temperature reaching 100 by noon, AC is an absolute must.
Pshhh..Arizona and their dry heat. Come to the south and see what it's like when it's 100+ degrees with 80-90 percent humidity in the summer.

Oh, and I almost always go windows down driving around town and AC on the interstate and highways.
KG215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 03:12 AM   #10
MavsSuperFan
NBA rookie of the year

MavsSuperFan is popular on this boardMavsSuperFan is popular on this boardMavsSuperFan is popular on this boardMavsSuperFan is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by unbreakable
AC definitely uses gas. I try to live a very efficient lifestyle so I roll windows down all day every day even night time too to save gas. usually halfway down or all the way .. halfway if im on the highway

even when im with a female its windows down or halfway.. keep it fresh

like many have already said rolling the windows down creates drag if you are driving fast, which wastes even more gas.
MavsSuperFan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 03:12 AM   #11
flipogb
Banned

flipogb is a pretty well-respected posterflipogb is a pretty well-respected posterflipogb is a pretty well-respected posterflipogb is a pretty well-respected poster

^^ I like humidity better, forces sweat out which cools you down. dry heat will just hurt your head till you get a heat stroke
flipogb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 03:13 AM   #12
Myth

Myth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

During a hot day? AC of course, unless I'm in a situation where I think my engine will overheat.
Myth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 03:31 AM   #13
KG215

KG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by flipogb
^^ I like humidity better, forces sweat out which cools you down. dry heat will just hurt your head till you get a heat stroke
Meh, if I recall, the sweat drying-up/evaporating is what helps you cool off when it's hot. In humid weather, the sweat doesn't dry-up as quickly as it does in dry heat. I really don't know if there's a big difference. I spent a couple of weeks in Arizona and most days it was around 105-110 degrees. I felt like those 105+ degree days felt about the same as a 90-95 degree day back home. Of course that could've just been because I'd never spent time in a part of the country that doesn't have high humidity.
KG215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 03:34 AM   #14
Patrick Chewing
Cobra Kai Sensei

Patrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

AC. The temperature around me needs to stay in the 70-74 degree for me to be comfortable. Nothing I hate more than being sweaty just from walking to my car.
Patrick Chewing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 04:03 AM   #15
qrich
King Heno

qrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by KG215
Pshhh..Arizona and their dry heat. Come to the south and see what it's like when it's 100+ degrees with 80-90 percent humidity in the summer.

Oh, and I almost always go windows down driving around town and AC on the interstate and highways.

I've had a good taste of humidity living in L.A. for the first 20 years of my life. And, no clue on how it compares to the humidity in the south, but I'd prefer that over this.

Way I see it, humidity is like walking into a sauna. Dry heat is like walking into a clay oven.
qrich is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: