Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 05-10-2013, 03:23 AM   #1
iamgine

iamgine is considered somewhat cooliamgine is considered somewhat cooliamgine is considered somewhat cool
Default Jordan/Pippen or Hakeem/Drexler?

Both duos in their primes, which would you take to start your team?
iamgine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 03:26 AM   #2
willds09
Banned

willds09 posts stuff that is definitely making some people angrywillds09 posts stuff that is definitely making some people angrywillds09 posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry
Default Re: Jordan/Pippen or Hakeem/Drexler?

willds09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 03:29 AM   #3
gengiskhan
Banned

gengiskhan has a bad reputationgengiskhan has a bad reputationgengiskhan has a bad reputation

Jordan - Pippen resulted in 6 rings.

Hakeem - Drexler resulted in 1 ring.

I wonder which is greater?

6 or 1

This is what ISH is reduced to.
gengiskhan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 03:33 AM   #4
Guy Ledouche
I hit open layups

Guy Ledouche has an OK reputation so far

Jordan/Pippen, easily in fact. You don't win 6 rings by accident.
Guy Ledouche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 04:14 AM   #5
Odinn
I make 50-feet jumpers

Odinn is considered somewhat coolOdinn is considered somewhat coolOdinn is considered somewhat cool

Actually it's a pretty good question but in these days you won't be able to get a better answer than '6>1'.

Since I joined, last a couple of weeks is the lowest point of this message board.
Odinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 08:43 AM   #6
Mr Exlax
McFailed next season

Mr Exlax is a pretty well-respected posterMr Exlax is a pretty well-respected posterMr Exlax is a pretty well-respected poster

I'd start with Hakeem/Drexler. Their games compliment each other's better. Also, Hakeem won one without a second option on his team.
Mr Exlax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 10:36 PM   #7
OldSkoolball#52
Banned

OldSkoolball#52 has a very bad reputationOldSkoolball#52 has a very bad reputationOldSkoolball#52 has a very bad reputationOldSkoolball#52 has a very bad reputationOldSkoolball#52 has a very bad reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odinn
Actually it's a pretty good question but in these days you won't be able to get a better answer than '6>1'.

"Rings" is the argumentative equivalent of pop music, prime time television, romance novels, and all other things dumbed down for mass accessibility by the common person, who is, by nature, incredibly stupid.

"Rings" is what you get when you get an entire message board community full of people who can't articulate informed opinions and comparative analysis, but still want to be heard giving some sort of opinion and pretending to have a clue. "Rings" is a ready-made, fast-food, microwavable talking point that allows every idiot out there to be part of the discussion.

Last edited by OldSkoolball#52 : 05-10-2013 at 10:39 PM.
OldSkoolball#52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 10:59 PM   #8
Gotterdammerung
God-killer

Gotterdammerung is popular on this boardGotterdammerung is popular on this boardGotterdammerung is popular on this boardGotterdammerung is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldSkoolball#52
"Rings" is the argumentative equivalent of pop music, prime time television, romance novels, and all other things dumbed down for mass accessibility by the common person, who is, by nature, incredibly stupid.

"Rings" is what you get when you get an entire message board community full of people who can't articulate informed opinions and comparative analysis, but still want to be heard giving some sort of opinion and pretending to have a clue. "Rings" is a ready-made, fast-food, microwavable talking point that allows every idiot out there to be part of the discussion.

Solid response.

Pippen-Jordan vs Hakeem-Clyde depends on what setting.

If it's just 2 on 2, you gotta go with the ball handlers and shooters over the inside-outside option. Pip/MJ wins.

If it's team, then you gotta fill out the remaining slots. If the other 3 positions are average, then you gotta go with the Dream/Glide.

Rings only matter to the teams that won, not the player.
Gotterdammerung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 05:58 AM   #9
iamgine

iamgine is considered somewhat cooliamgine is considered somewhat cooliamgine is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotterdammerung
Solid response.

Pippen-Jordan vs Hakeem-Clyde depends on what setting.

If it's just 2 on 2, you gotta go with the ball handlers and shooters over the inside-outside option. Pip/MJ wins.

If it's team, then you gotta fill out the remaining slots. If the other 3 positions are average, then you gotta go with the Dream/Glide.

Rings only matter to the teams that won, not the player.
2 on 2 no one can guard Hakeem clearly the one who has a big guy would win. Heck, even Marc Gasol would be unguardable in that scenario.

The question is to start a team though.
iamgine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 09:51 AM   #10
DatAsh
Local High School Star

DatAsh has an incredible reputation hereDatAsh has an incredible reputation hereDatAsh has an incredible reputation hereDatAsh has an incredible reputation hereDatAsh has an incredible reputation hereDatAsh has an incredible reputation hereDatAsh has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odinn
Since I joined, last a couple of weeks is the lowest point of this message board.

I agree. The Jordan, Kobe, and Lebron fans have been going crazy these past couple weeks.
DatAsh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 10:19 AM   #11
La Frescobaldi
I brick nerf balls

La Frescobaldi has a terrific reputationLa Frescobaldi has a terrific reputationLa Frescobaldi has a terrific reputationLa Frescobaldi has a terrific reputationLa Frescobaldi has a terrific reputationLa Frescobaldi has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by gengiskhan
Jordan - Pippen resulted in 6 rings.

Hakeem - Drexler resulted in 1 ring.

I wonder which is greater?

6 or 1

This is what ISH is reduced to.

your comment is the exact role model and prototype for all april 13s; dull, doltish, witless and dreary.
foolish logic and just to up the ante I will take Drexler Dream all week over pippen and the unpaid gambling debt.
La Frescobaldi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 01:37 PM   #12
JellyBean
College superstar

JellyBean has an incredible reputation hereJellyBean has an incredible reputation hereJellyBean has an incredible reputation hereJellyBean has an incredible reputation hereJellyBean has an incredible reputation hereJellyBean has an incredible reputation here

To start my team, I would pick the duo of Hakeem and Drexler. To start a team off with a solid post player like Hakeem, would be a huge advantage. He could pass out of a double team, defend, rebound, and score. Drexler was a slasher, so his game would only get better having a guy like Hakeem in/or around the lane. Just having a center with Hakeem's ability and skill set would benefit Drexler and the rest of the team.
JellyBean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 01:39 PM   #13
fpliii
sick of agendas...

fpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by DatAsh
I agree. The Jordan, Kobe, and Lebron fans have been going crazy these past couple weeks.

This. It's really getting out of hand.
fpliii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 03:24 PM   #14
Smoke117
Barstool Blues

Smoke117 has an incredible reputation hereSmoke117 has an incredible reputation hereSmoke117 has an incredible reputation hereSmoke117 has an incredible reputation hereSmoke117 has an incredible reputation hereSmoke117 has an incredible reputation here

Drexler wasn't in his prime when came to Houston. I don't even consider Drexler better than Pippen in 92. I'd rather have Hakeem and Pippen.
Smoke117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 03:39 PM   #15
Mass Debator
Local High School Star

Mass Debator has decent reputationMass Debator has decent reputation

Hakeem and Drexler
Mass Debator is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: