Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 05-10-2013, 09:12 AM   #31
Tarik One
NBA rookie of the year

Tarik One is considered somewhat coolTarik One is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: Is running the number one way to lose bodyfat/weight?

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe
Stop eating grains and sugary foods almost entirely, and you can eat anything else you want.

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/i-fee...#axzz2LxQPXOW1

Crazyness!
When did you give birth?
Tarik One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 10:12 AM   #32
I<3NBA
NBA lottery pick

I<3NBA posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryI<3NBA posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarik One
When did you give birth?
good one.

anyway, just remember to always burn more than what you eat and you'll lose weight for sure.

running is bad for your knees. go swimming, or biking or use a stationary bike (with resistance).
I<3NBA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 01:54 PM   #33
Wally450
A Paul Heyman Guy

Wally450 has a terrific reputationWally450 has a terrific reputationWally450 has a terrific reputationWally450 has a terrific reputationWally450 has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllenIverson3
Side note

I'm 5'6 n 165 pounds... I wanna be around 145-150....

You could be Floyd Mayweather's next fight in September
Wally450 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 02:03 PM   #34
bmulls
Great college starter

bmulls has a near all-star reputation herebmulls has a near all-star reputation herebmulls has a near all-star reputation herebmulls has a near all-star reputation herebmulls has a near all-star reputation herebmulls has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirMike
Running is definitely an efficient way of loosing fat. But you need to check your heartbeat, it should be around 60% of your max heatbeat (220 - your age ) If your hearbeats gets higher, your body will not be taking energy from fat but from your glycogen reserves...

Not correct at all. If you're doing aerobic cardio you'll burn straight fat. If you do anaerobic cardio the glycogen you burn will be replaced by the next carbs you eat. Assuming calorie/macronutrient intake is the same, the amount of fat burned will be the same whether aerobic or anaerobic.
bmulls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 04:32 PM   #35
ProfessorMurder
I am your soldier!

ProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I've got a pretty bad left knee, torn cartilage back in middle school from bball, dislocated kneecap a few years ago, and more... I've always found that elliptical machines hurt my knee more than running. The f*ck?
ProfessorMurder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 04:54 PM   #36
AllenIverson3
Get off me!

AllenIverson3 is starting to rub some people the wrong wayAllenIverson3 is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiddy
Are you sure their method of calculating body fat is correct? Common sense telling me, you must have more body fat than 13%.

Carrots are good for dieting
http://www.livestrong.com/article/42...o-lose-weight/
When i am trying to lose weigh i eat about half a kilo everyday.

also check this article
http://ezinearticles.com/?Foods-That...oods&id=533189

Avoid processed food.
Yah i used an instrument that calculates your body fat...
AllenIverson3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 04:56 PM   #37
AllenIverson3
Get off me!

AllenIverson3 is starting to rub some people the wrong wayAllenIverson3 is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wally450
You could be Floyd Mayweather's next fight in September

Boxing is my 2nd fave sport to watch.....

Mayweather dominated his last fight
AllenIverson3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 04:59 PM   #38
HardwoodLegend
The Magical T-Mac

HardwoodLegend is a pretty well-respected posterHardwoodLegend is a pretty well-respected posterHardwoodLegend is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessorMurder
I've got a pretty bad left knee, torn cartilage back in middle school from bball, dislocated kneecap a few years ago, and more... I've always found that elliptical machines hurt my knee more than running. The f*ck?

It locks your knee in to a fixed range of motion while running allows your body to move more naturally.

Running being bad for your joints is a myth.
HardwoodLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 06:55 PM   #39
Tarik One
NBA rookie of the year

Tarik One is considered somewhat coolTarik One is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by HardwoodLegend
It locks your knee in to a fixed range of motion while running allows your body to move more naturally.

Running being bad for your joints is a myth.
It depends on the type of running you do. Taking longer strides allows you to utilize your legs more efficiently and minimizes shock.
Tarik One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 09:38 PM   #40
kaiteng
CONGRATS MAN XD

kaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Cardio exercises plus moderate diet throughout the day and not eating solid food 5-6 hours before sleep will do.
kaiteng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 10:09 PM   #41
JEFFERSON MONEY
A bit crazy

JEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I don't know the exact

but the combination of

Intermittent Fasting
Barbell Complexes/Sprints/Tabata style workouts
Low Stress
ECA
Caloric Deficit with a higher protein ratio (most thermogenetic nutrient)
Lots of Water

is fatal to adipose tissue.
JEFFERSON MONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 01:40 AM   #42
RoTM
Local High School Star

RoTM has an OK reputation so far

Lift and then jog 20 minutes 5 times a week. Cut down on carbs.
RoTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 02:05 AM   #43
joe
College superstar

joe has a terrific reputationjoe has a terrific reputationjoe has a terrific reputationjoe has a terrific reputationjoe has a terrific reputationjoe has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarik One
When did you give birth?

i always forget what year you were born, did a lot of smoking and drinking in those days. sorry about that
joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 05:01 AM   #44
secund2nun
Kobe= 1st round loser

secund2nun has decent reputationsecund2nun has decent reputation

Cut refined sugar and grains out.
secund2nun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 07:22 AM   #45
StocktonFan
Banned

StocktonFan has an OK reputation so far

For me, I went from crap diet to low carb high protein... i wouldn't say im skinny but big. Im benching at 275 these days, i've been working out for about a year straight now.

Start bench was at 110lbs about a year ago. I think I weight near 230 at 6'4'', looking to start up cardio though, i got some fat i want to remove.

I always lost weight quickest through lifting, i just had more passion for it since it was motivating to see increase in weight. Running is alright, i like the stairmaster though, i'm starting to hit it for a half hour at 65steps/min.
StocktonFan is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: