Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 05-09-2013, 12:13 AM   #31
stallionaire
#ItsFeedingTime

Default Re: I didn't realize how racist Stephen A is until i saw his latest target

Quote:
Originally Posted by STATUTORY
melo is a superstar doe, bonafide, nasty, stupendous, and multiple other hyperbolic multi-syllable adjetives

stallionaire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 12:22 AM   #32
Silence
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Default Re: I didn't realize how racist Stephen A is until i saw his latest target

From what I've noticed, Stephen A. Smith tends to suck up to stars and disrespect role players. He constantly praises established stars and stresses the interactions and relationships he has with them. On the other hand, he never seems to give credit to role players that can have a positive impact on their team. He scoffs at players like Jeremy Lin, Tiago Splitter, Ricky Rubio, and Pablo Prigioni.
Silence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 12:25 AM   #33
Euroleague
I Feel Devotion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silence
From what I've noticed, Stephen A. Smith tends to suck up to stars and disrespect role players. He constantly praises established stars and stresses the interactions and relationships he has with them. On the other hand, he never seems to give credit to role players that can have a positive impact on their team. He scoffs at players like Jeremy Lin, Tiago Splitter, Ricky Rubio, and Pablo Prigioni.

Maybe. But he was definitely implying racism when he talked about Rasho. Smith is being foolish though to call out Prigioni. None of those other guys are hardcore in the least.

But Prigioni, that dude is serious hardcore. Smith probably thinks he's just some old guy with the wife and kids, and whatever. But Prigioni is hardcore as hell.

Smith better stop calling that guy out.
Euroleague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 12:45 AM   #34
HorryIsMyMVP
Good college starter

What white players does Steven A openly love?
HorryIsMyMVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 01:04 AM   #35
HarryCallahan
Banned

What does it matter. Stephen A has never seen a game of BBall in his life.
HarryCallahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 01:12 AM   #36
Silence
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Quote:
Originally Posted by HorryIsMyMVP

Hmm... Now that you mention it, I never actually payed attention to see if there was. He doesn't seem to have anything against Kevin Love here though: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R2ZYvQm3Esk
Silence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 02:11 AM   #37
stephanieg
College superstar

The only way white players can be useful is if they pass it to their superior black teammates (e.g. Nash, Stockton). Otherwise they're just gonna embarrass themselves.
stephanieg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 02:18 AM   #38
Shepseskaf
Old School

Quote:
Are we questioning which black players Jon Barry loves?

This entire discussion makes very little sense. SAS has built his fame on ranting about one thing or the other, and he's done it on players of all ethnicities.
Shepseskaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 04:19 AM   #39
hon hon hon eat snails

Stephen A only likes black players who could be mistaken for powerful white men only with black athleticism.

That's why he praises LeBron, Kobe, D Wade but hates Kwame, Iverson, or Marbury because they either suck (Kwame) or make blacks look bad (Iverson and Marbury).
9512 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 04:52 AM   #40
TheBigVeto
Negging Me Is Gay

Quote:

None.
He's racist.
TheBigVeto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 05:09 AM   #41
AngelEyes
Sentenza

Smith stopped being a journalist a long time ago, he's an entertainer now. Part of that is creating a reaction amongst his viewing audience, making inflammatory comments will accomplish this.
AngelEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 09:01 AM   #42
wakencdukest
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shepseskaf
Basically. He's George Jefferson put in a time machine and dropped on a sports talk show.

Don't be fooled by SAS' act. In private, I'd be willing to bet that he is more than 'buddy-buddy' with the powerful white males who sign his paychecks. I'd also say that his private views on social matters are probably more conservative than progressive.

The militancy is all an act to get more attention. Obviously, it works.

Oh yeah, you know damn well he kisses ass to the white guys who sign his checks. I guarantee all that fake militant crap goes right out the window when he's around the superiors. How can anyone with any basketball knowledge take SAS seriously? I've heard him speak a few times and its painfully obvious that he's full of shit.
wakencdukest is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: