Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 05-08-2013, 02:25 PM   #16
StocktonFan
Banned

StocktonFan has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Better scorer in their prime Rasheed Wallace or Zach Randolph?

Give me Z-bo, guy's way too talented in the paint. Rasheed was a spot up shooter for the latter of his career. It would be that 15-18ft jumper or a 3... Like another mentioned, i prefer my bigs to stay in the paint for both offense and defense.
StocktonFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 02:34 PM   #17
Twiens
lakers/raptors

Twiens is a pretty well-respected posterTwiens is a pretty well-respected posterTwiens is a pretty well-respected posterTwiens is a pretty well-respected poster

Should've been Sheed, but it isn't. He preferred shooting jumpers when he should have been doing what Zbo does every game.
Twiens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 02:35 PM   #18
SamuraiSWISH
Samurai Swoosh

SamuraiSWISH is a pretty well-respected posterSamuraiSWISH is a pretty well-respected posterSamuraiSWISH is a pretty well-respected posterSamuraiSWISH is a pretty well-respected poster

Sheed. Also he was the vastly superior defender.
SamuraiSWISH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 02:36 PM   #19
Bigsmoke
Death Before Dishonor

Bigsmoke has a very bad reputationBigsmoke has a very bad reputationBigsmoke has a very bad reputationBigsmoke has a very bad reputation

Z-bo a better scorer and rebounder while Resheed was a WAAAAAY better defender.
Bigsmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 02:38 PM   #20
Mass Debator
Local High School Star

Mass Debator has decent reputationMass Debator has decent reputation

Zach Randolph shows mini glimpses of a mini Shaq sometimes. I'll go with him.
Mass Debator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 02:42 PM   #21
dirkdiggler41
(no Dirk homer)

dirkdiggler41 is popular on this boarddirkdiggler41 is popular on this boarddirkdiggler41 is popular on this boarddirkdiggler41 is popular on this boarddirkdiggler41 is popular on this board

First of all, people need to realize that Zach and Sheed played differently in their 20s compared to late 20s and 30s. Zach was a black hole when it came to offense, but that does not show in todays game, because he plays with a great team. Rasheed used to play SF, he was very mobil and a match up nightmare because of his length, long arms, mobility and versatility on both offense and defense. Zach on the other hand, was one of the most hated, if not the most hated player on ISH, he was todays Rudy Gay if you remove the clutch shots and playoff experience. He was actually most known for this move, and basically sums down ISH view on Zach Randolph before his Memphis days
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rh2fn01cngg

Now suddenly people are ranking Zach as a great player while downgrading Rasheed because the way he played the last 5 seasons.

With that said, Rasheed post game was good, but he took too many shoots, and that makes it hard to review his real post game with confidence. Zach on the other hand is a tough and rough player who is playing as a veteran. Its fun to watch and I would pick Zach over Rasheed any day of the week, as long as we are talking Memphis and not his prime time as a Knick.
dirkdiggler41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 03:10 PM   #22
ncrizzle
GritNgrind ur mind

ncrizzle is considered somewhat coolncrizzle is considered somewhat cool

Zach was definitely a black hole earlier on in his career. While he was still posting 20/10 practically every season, his game became much better once he got to memphis. Having another big in gasol to play off helped his game tremendously. 2010/2011 was undoubtedly his best year. His jumper was wet as hell on top of his post game. His offense seemed to deteriorate after he tore his MCL, throughout last season and this regular season . But Zbo shows up Big in the playoffs. His run against the spurs and OKC 2 years ago was pretty amazing. See this link

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R-qJ7N8_uDk
ncrizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 03:10 PM   #23
lakers_forever
National High School Star

lakers_forever has a near all-star reputation herelakers_forever has a near all-star reputation herelakers_forever has a near all-star reputation herelakers_forever has a near all-star reputation herelakers_forever has a near all-star reputation herelakers_forever has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by klee
2 different types of scoring IMO, but I believe Zbo had times where he was just "unguardable" where the opposing team was at a loss as to what they could do about it. Rasheed would just get hot. Many players get hot from time to time, nothing special.

I agree with you, although I remember Sheed looking unguardable against the Lakers in 2000.
lakers_forever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 03:14 PM   #24
selrahc
Local High School Star

selrahc has one of the lowest reputations on this boardselrahc has one of the lowest reputations on this boardselrahc has one of the lowest reputations on this boardselrahc has one of the lowest reputations on this boardselrahc has one of the lowest reputations on this boardselrahc has one of the lowest reputations on this boardselrahc has one of the lowest reputations on this board

definitely rasheed wallace. most people are thinking of later wallace when he would just shoot jumpers. but when he was with the trailblazers in his younger career he was beastly in the paint. i remember the lakers playing the blazers in the playoffs in the early 2000s and every time he touched the ball i would be afraid.
selrahc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 03:24 PM   #25
goldenryan
I'm Back

goldenryan is popular on this boardgoldenryan is popular on this boardgoldenryan is popular on this boardgoldenryan is popular on this boardgoldenryan is popular on this board

I think Sir Charles once said Rasheed could've been the greatest player of all time. That sounds ridiculous but when you consider how many Contenders he's been the best player on. If he won 3-4 championships at Duncan and Kobe's expense he could very well of been in that elite company.
goldenryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 04:54 PM   #26
get these NETS
you can't stop me

get these NETS is a pretty well-respected posterget these NETS is a pretty well-respected posterget these NETS is a pretty well-respected posterget these NETS is a pretty well-respected poster

For telling Ron Harper to SHHHH--SSSSShhhhhSHHHH-ut UPPP

Sheed is forever my favorite player

You can't talk trash if you stutter....I used to have a stuttering problem and that Sheed shit was HILARIOUS to me......
get these NETS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 04:56 PM   #27
Xiao Yao You
NBA All-star

Xiao Yao You is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Quote:
Originally Posted by get these NETS
For telling Ron Harper to SHHHH--SSSSShhhhhSHHHH-ut UPPP

Sheed is forever my favorite player

You can't talk trash if you stutter....I used to have a stuttering problem and that Sheed shit was HILARIOUS to me......

His throwing the towel in Sabonis' face wasn't funny. **** him!
Xiao Yao You is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 05:25 PM   #28
Shade8780
GOATin

Shade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenryan
I think Sir Charles once said Rasheed could've been the greatest player of all time. That sounds ridiculous but when you consider how many Contenders he's been the best player on. If he won 3-4 championships at Duncan and Kobe's expense he could very well of been in that elite company.
Why do people say he would've been the GOAT PF?? I've not really seen much prime Sheed but was it his athleticism or what that made him special?
Shade8780 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 08:27 PM   #29
goldenryan
I'm Back

goldenryan is popular on this boardgoldenryan is popular on this boardgoldenryan is popular on this boardgoldenryan is popular on this boardgoldenryan is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shade8780
Why do people say he would've been the GOAT PF?? I've not really seen much prime Sheed but was it his athleticism or what that made him special?
Being 7 footer who playing defense and mid range game. He has all the tools Duncan has but isn't as consistent or Fundamentally sound.
goldenryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 08:31 PM   #30
ProfessorMurder
I am your soldier!

ProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenryan
Being 7 footer who playing defense and mid range game. He has all the tools Duncan has but isn't as consistent or Fundamentally sound.

Yeah, Sheed had unreal athleticism for a while combined with soft touch, unguardable postmoves, and an outside shot... But he didn't have the offensive mentality that he should've. He didn't care about being the man, and didn't look to score enough or demand the ball.

I give the 'better scorer' title to ZBo.
ProfessorMurder is online now   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: