Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 05-10-2013, 08:26 PM   #1
SacJB Shady
College superstar

SacJB Shady has a very bad reputationSacJB Shady has a very bad reputationSacJB Shady has a very bad reputationSacJB Shady has a very bad reputationSacJB Shady has a very bad reputation
Default Will we start seeing more Steph Curry's in the future?

I have a feeling kids in college like the way he shoots and are just gonna start practicing 3's like crazy, being inspired by Curry. Is this league becoming a 3 pt shooting league?
SacJB Shady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 09:04 PM   #2
KG215
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

KG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Will we start seeing more Steph Curry's in the future?

I hope not in the sense where kids fall in even more love with the 3-point shot. It's such a low-percentage shot and not everyone is going to have the incredible shooting ability of Steph. I mean we're talking about arguably the best shooter EVER. Duplicating his effectiveness on that volume will be damn near impossible.
KG215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 09:07 PM   #3
SacJB Shady
College superstar

SacJB Shady has a very bad reputationSacJB Shady has a very bad reputationSacJB Shady has a very bad reputationSacJB Shady has a very bad reputationSacJB Shady has a very bad reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by KG215
I hope not in the sense where kids fall in even more love with the 3-point shot. It's such a low-percentage shot and not everyone is going to have the incredible shooting ability of Steph. I mean we're talking about arguably the best shooter EVER. Duplicating his effectiveness on that volume will be damn near impossible.

But he makes it look easy, like a 12 year old doing this
Old 05-10-2013, 09:10 PM   #4
Jameerthefear
Feelin' Dandy

Jameerthefear is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJameerthefear is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJameerthefear is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJameerthefear is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJameerthefear is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJameerthefear is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJameerthefear is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJameerthefear is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJameerthefear is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJameerthefear is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJameerthefear is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by SacJB Shady
But he makes it look easy, like a 12 year old doing this
He's an NBA player dumbass. Of course he makes it look easy
Jameerthefear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 09:41 PM   #5
FreezingTsmoove
#H3AT nation,GangGreen

FreezingTsmoove posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryFreezingTsmoove posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry

Its been years and I'm still waiting for the next AI.
FreezingTsmoove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 09:52 PM   #6
JuicyJay78
I airball my layups

JuicyJay78 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by KG215

lol at low percentage shots. Three pointers yield more points per possession than any other shot on the court except for shots right at the rim.
JuicyJay78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 10:13 PM   #7
SacJB Shady
College superstar

I just think that little kids are going to idolize Curry and they will be able to relate to him because he looks young and small. So many of them are just going to start practicing threes at a young age in the hopes of being like Steph. Then it's feasible that in the future everyone is going to be able to hit 3's like crazy
Old 05-10-2013, 10:20 PM   #8
Dbrog
National High School Star

Dbrog has decent reputation

People at my university rec were jacking up retarded 3s almost every trip down the court long before Curry got into the league. People just fall in love with the 3 because they are tired, can't get past their man, or simply think a 3 pt shot will always be better than a 2. Pretty dumb and annoying...but nothing new.
Dbrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 10:23 PM   #9
SacJB Shady
College superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbrog
People at my university rec were jacking up retarded 3s almost every trip down the court long before Curry got into the league. People just fall in love with the 3 because they are tired, can't get past their man, or simply think a 3 pt shot will always be better than a 2. Pretty dumb and annoying...but nothing new.

Yes but Curry is a new inspiration. Not many players get most of their shots from the 3 and can hit it as accurately as the 2. Kids might feel more inclined that it's the right thing to do. They feel if Steph can do it, then they can too. Steph is the baby face assassin
Old 05-10-2013, 10:36 PM   #10
Dbrog

Quote:
Yes but Curry is a new inspiration. Not many players get most of their shots from the 3 and can hit it as accurately as the 2. Kids might feel more inclined that it's the right thing to do. They feel if Steph can do it, then they can too. Steph is the baby face assassin

funny but true.

Idk about players like Curry though. I mean, many people have tried and put up thousands of shot to be the "best shooter in the world." They don't accomplish it though. I don't really see this changing. Will people try to imitate Steph because they can relate to him? Yes. Will they realize that he has a natural talent for shooting COMBINED WITH great handles and passing ability? Probably not. It's amazing to me how many people I meet who simply don't understand WHY things work in basketball.

TL;dr = many might try to be Curry but will fail miserably.
Old 05-10-2013, 10:40 PM   #11
SacJB Shady
College superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbrog
funny but true.

Idk about players like Curry though. I mean, many people have tried and put up thousands of shot to be the "best shooter in the world." They don't accomplish it though. I don't really see this changing. Will people try to imitate Steph because they can relate to him? Yes. Will they realize that he has a natural talent for shooting COMBINED WITH great handles and passing ability? Probably not. It's amazing to me how many people I meet who simply don't understand WHY things work in basketball.

TL;dr = many might try to be Curry but will fail miserably.

But what about that guy who wrote a book on free throws that made like 8 thousand in a row? He is like a 99.7 percent free throw shooter. You don't think someone can just happen to have great athleticism and be able to make like 80 to 90 percent of every 3 they took? That old dude hit like 8,000 in a row.
Old 05-10-2013, 10:43 PM   #12
bmulls
Great college starter

bmulls has a near all-star reputation herebmulls has a near all-star reputation herebmulls has a near all-star reputation herebmulls has a near all-star reputation herebmulls has a near all-star reputation herebmulls has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
But what about that guy who wrote a book on free throws that made like 8 thousand in a row? He is like a 99.7 percent free throw shooter. You don't think someone can just happen to have great athleticism and be able to make like 80 to 90 percent of every 3 they took? That old dude hit like 8,000 in a row.

Come on now. Hitting 3's in the gym by yourself is nothing like hitting a 3 in an NBA game against an NBA defender. There's a reason 40% from 3 is considered a great %.
bmulls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 10:46 PM   #13
Dbrog

Quote:

NBA players shoot that percentage from 3 during practice. Unfortunately practice != game. Is it possible? Yes. Is it probable? Almost no chance of anyone ever being able to do this in game. I'll gladly eat my words if it ever happens though.
Old 05-10-2013, 10:46 PM   #14
SacJB Shady
College superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmulls
Come on now. Hitting 3's in the gym by yourself is nothing like hitting a 3 in an NBA game against an NBA defender. There's a reason 40% from 3 is considered a great %.

But if you can make 8,000 free throws in a row, I'm sure you can hit 50 percent of 3's with people guarding u if you are athletic
Old 05-10-2013, 11:00 PM   #15
KG215
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

KG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuicyJay78
lol at low percentage shots. Three pointers yield more points per possession than any other shot on the court except for shots right at the rim.
I worded that badly. I meant the type of shots/3's Curry takes. The transition pull-ups, off-balance, deep, and off the bounce in the halfcourt 3's. With Curry, it's incredible and a lot of fun to watch, because he's so effective at doing that. But it's going to be nearly impossible for anyone to come along and mimic his game with nearly the same effectiveness.
KG215 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: