Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New York Knicks Forum

New York Knicks Forum New York Knicks forum - NY Knicks message board

Old 05-15-2013, 07:29 AM   #241
Clutch
Stop flopping

Clutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: 2013 Knicks Playoff Run thread

Anyone else started to lose interest in the playoffs after it became obvious the Knicks will be eliminated ?

I just don't feel any excitement. We all know Miami is going to cruise to another championship,neither Indiana nor SA/Memphis can do anything against them.
The only good thing for me were the Warriors and I hoped they would at least make the WCF but it seems like even them are going to lose in the 2nd round.

Basically the season ended for me last night. I'm still going to watch remaining games hoping something interesting will happen but honestly I would be shocked if the season ended in any other way other than Miami winning it all again.
Clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 09:58 AM   #242
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

knickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I'm an nba fan, the Knicks are my favorite team.

My damper was seeing my favorite player fall to injury in Kobe.
knickscity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 10:18 AM   #243
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

franchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rameek
You criticize every facet of the team and every game win or lose so anything less than a championship you already hedged your bet. You just hate everything every time makes it easy to say I told you so.

There is no glory when you're so anti-knick in every way everyday.

I hope the Knicks can make something happen.

The team won 54 games check
The team got the 2nd seed check
The team made it out the first round check

We playing with house money.

Rameek. Did I not say from the very beginning that I just want to get out the first round? You can say I don't know basketball. You can criticize my opinions. You can call me cluless. But you can't call me inconsistent or a liar.

I said all season our record is better than our roster. I've said all season we've overachieved. I said all season I just want to get out of the 1st round. I predicted us beating the Celtics in a hard fought 6. I'm upset about the character we are showing but I AM NOT upset about our overall fate this season. I never saw us as a contender. I saw us as an improved team from last year. If that's "hating" then so be it. I'm fairly young but I'm old school at heart. I'm from the era where "hating" was having an opinion. "Hating" is saying our best player sucks and needs to be traded. "Hating" would be me saying the Knicks didn't accomplish shit. Hating would be me coming on here saying "ha ha...the Knicks suck....I told you we stink." I'm not saying that at all. I'm just saying I saw the writing on the wall that we weren't as good as our record indicated and that we have some huge issues in our roster. That's it.

Ironically, for most of the season, YOU aggred with me.
franchize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 02:39 PM   #244
Rameek
Krust Kingz

Rameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this board

franchize the only 2 point we really disagree on is this....

melo played well enough during the season to be considered great. melo is not a superstar he has come up small in the playoffs. i think superstars can carry a team.

Superstars performance gets questioned first before anyone.

Most of the year we have made our feelings known what the issues are for the team. But after the trade deadline I have to buy what this team is and see it to the end.

Ride and die with the team. No one likes how this series is going so far but who really thought this team would do what they have done. If people pay attention closely Tyson is hurt bad, Shump knee is hurt, I think Jr & Kenyon were legit sick.

People act like this is a lost season and we only won 33 games. This old one dimensional team with only 2 versatile players did awfully well!!

I wasn't fooled I know what this team is and they are making me proud considering our recent history.
Rameek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 10:54 PM   #245
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

franchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

It wasn't pretty. It wasn't efficient...but it was effective. Win and look good another day. We won on sheer guts and determination.

Props to Copeland. He gave us a much needed boost. I hope Woody lets him rock on Saturday.
Old 05-16-2013, 11:11 PM   #246
bluechox2
#knickstape

bluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

kidd needs a dnp, practice his shot and get ready for miami
bluechox2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 11:20 PM   #247
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluechox2
kidd needs a dnp, practice his shot and get ready for miami
Kidd needs to retire. This ain't a shooting slump. This is just who he is at this point.
Old 05-17-2013, 02:54 AM   #248
Sarcastic
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Sarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Won one more, and bring it back to the Garden.

It would so fitting if it happens considering

Sarcastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 12:59 PM   #249
el gringos
Good college starter

el gringos has not been impressing people

Quote:
Originally Posted by franchize
Kidd needs to retire. This ain't a shooting slump. This is just who he is at this point.
Kidd should be the next head coach
el gringos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 05:05 AM   #250
Clutch
Stop flopping

Clutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Durant is a better all around player but some of you talked about how he's much more efficient than Melo.

Let's look at their stats in a comparable situations. Both played against big,tough defensive teams (Memphis and Indiana). Neither had a 2nd option (Westbrook was out,J.R. sucked).

Kevin Durant - 28.8 points on 42% shooting (36% for three) in 45.6 minutes
Carmelo Anthony - 28.5 points on 43% shooting (35% for three) in 38.8 minutes

Durant is a better all around player but he isn't efficient as people say. Those numbers would be even worse if he wasn't getting special treatment from the refs.
Old 05-19-2013, 01:07 PM   #251
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

knickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clutch
Durant is a better all around player but some of you talked about how he's much more efficient than Melo.

Let's look at their stats in a comparable situations. Both played against big,tough defensive teams (Memphis and Indiana). Neither had a 2nd option (Westbrook was out,J.R. sucked).

Kevin Durant - 28.8 points on 42% shooting (36% for three) in 45.6 minutes
Carmelo Anthony - 28.5 points on 43% shooting (35% for three) in 38.8 minutes

Durant is a better all around player but he isn't efficient as people say. Those numbers would be even worse if he wasn't getting special treatment from the refs.
Whats up with this biased post? Durant is infinitely better than Melo, but like any player by themselves on an island...the dude got wore out trying to do everything, vs Melo only scores.

Durant had two bad shooting game, the rest of his game was very solid

Game 1 Durant....13-26 15 rebounds 6 assists.35 points

Game 2 11-21 11 rebounds 9 assists .....36 points

Game 3 9-19 11 rebounds 5 assists.....25 points

Game 4 10-27 7 rebounds 7 assists.......27 points

Game 5 5-21 8 rebounds 6 assists......21 points.

Didn't even mention the steals and blocks he gets.

And that was against a team that actually has an offensive gameplan and plays all around better defense.

Indiana is not on Memphis level....the situations are NOT comparable.
Old 05-19-2013, 01:08 PM   #252
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

For the record Melo and Shump called the season a failure.
Old 05-19-2013, 01:29 PM   #253
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

We don't have any chance at acquiring LeBron or Durant. Get over it. We have the next best player at their position.
Old 05-19-2013, 03:20 PM   #254
Clutch
Stop flopping

Quote:
Originally Posted by knickscity
Whats up with this biased post? Durant is infinitely better than Melo, but like any player by themselves on an island...the dude got wore out trying to do everything, vs Melo only scores.

Durant had two bad shooting game, the rest of his game was very solid

Game 1 Durant....13-26 15 rebounds 6 assists.35 points

Game 2 11-21 11 rebounds 9 assists .....36 points

Game 3 9-19 11 rebounds 5 assists.....25 points

Game 4 10-27 7 rebounds 7 assists.......27 points

Game 5 5-21 8 rebounds 6 assists......21 points.

Didn't even mention the steals and blocks he gets.

And that was against a team that actually has an offensive gameplan and plays all around better defense.

Indiana is not on Memphis level....the situations are NOT comparable.
Situations are very comparable. Both you and I know that.
I said in my post that Durant is the better player.
My problem is when Melo shot 41% you didn't even care to look at his other stats or his teammates stats. All you said was "41% - he sucks".

Now when Durant shoots percentage like this (and if he wasn't the league's golden boy he would have shot under 40% for sure) you find a way to defend him.
TALK ABOUT DOUBLE STANDARD.
Old 05-19-2013, 03:25 PM   #255
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clutch
Situations are very comparable. Both you and I know that.
I said in my post that Durant is the better player.
My problem is when Melo shot 41% you didn't even care to look at his other stats or his teammates stats. All you said was "41% - he sucks".

Now when Durant shoots percentage like this (and if he wasn't the league's golden boy he would have shot under 40% for sure) you find a way to defend him.
TALK ABOUT DOUBLE STANDARD.
Durant does more than score, what's so hard to understand?

Durant was also shooting well above 50% before he got tired down....melo never even did that.

The only standard, you guys are content in a player who does nothing but score and is rarely efficient in that even on his best day.

All players tire out, what what do you do when when your shot stops falling?

and mempohis and Indy are not comparable.

The Knicks lost games to George Hill and Lance Stephenson for gods sakes.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: