Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 04-16-2013, 09:24 PM   #76
DMV2
NBA Stats Watcher

DMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: How much respect have you lost for Ray Allen?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killbot
There are MULTIPLE reasons why he left Celtics, not just one. He even said that in the interview. Lots of people seem to think it's just one reason he went to Miami.
Rondo. Trade rumors. Being benched for Bradley. The 3 main things I remember people talking about. Not sure how much of it were true or not.
DMV2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 09:31 PM   #77
Killbot
KillImpaleLiquefyLynch

Killbot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKillbot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKillbot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKillbot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKillbot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKillbot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKillbot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKillbot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKillbot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKillbot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKillbot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMV2
Rondo. Trade rumors. Being benched for Bradley. The 3 main things I remember people talking about. Not sure how much of it were true or not.

Only Allen knows, but we can speculate and those three are part of it.

Other possibilities:
-Declining usage with less plays run through Allen. He wanted some plays added (like in the post against a mismatch), but Doc stuck with the same system with Rondo having the ball and Ray being the decoy
-Unknown future direction of the Celtics. This kind of coincides with trade rumors. Are the Celtics going to blow up or are they going to fight it out?
-Heat showed more interest in getting Allen's services than Celtics. Pat Riley persuaded him on how they are going to use Allen and how Allen can make an impact
-Golf course
-Warm
-He felt hospitals in Miami took just as much care for his son as in Boston
-Contract situation. Every Celtics player from free agency seem to have 3 years. He gets 2 with less money.
-It's best for his family. I think his mom has a house in Orlando.
Killbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 10:00 PM   #78
eSOL
I hit open 5-footers

eSOL has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by IncarceratedBob
Ray took less money to play for a worse team. Pathetic.

1st seed says otherwise.
eSOL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 10:10 PM   #79
Rondooooooooooo
Liquid Swordsman

Rondooooooooooo has an incredible reputation hereRondooooooooooo has an incredible reputation hereRondooooooooooo has an incredible reputation hereRondooooooooooo has an incredible reputation hereRondooooooooooo has an incredible reputation hereRondooooooooooo has an incredible reputation hereRondooooooooooo has an incredible reputation here

I was a HUGE Ray-Ray fan, but now, after the celtics pushed hard to get him in the offseason, offered him more money than the heat, and he still left. Obv if a team is trying to push that hard to sign you, they want you to be a vital part of their offense and want you back on their team. I don't see the celtics signing him to that contract then turning around and trading him, even with rondo going down this season. Winning his first ring in boston, breaking the 3 point record in boston, he became so much of the team....I wish he would have just grinded it out with us......
Rondooooooooooo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 10:28 PM   #80
sixer6ad
Local High School Star

sixer6ad has decent reputation

Zero respect for joining this crew.

There's only one thing that makes this whole Heat conspiracy "okay". In twenty years, when people are talking about great teams, the Heat will not be mentioned casually. People will always talk Lakers, Celtics, Spurs, Bulls, but the Heat - because absolute hatred has existed - will not be mentioned.

Can't wait for Ray Allen, like every other Heat player, to retire.

In before everyone else,

Butt Hurt in Cleveland (think of something new)
sixer6ad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 10:33 PM   #81
pegasus
€uroInU$A

pegasus is popular on this boardpegasus is popular on this boardpegasus is popular on this boardpegasus is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nash
If there wasn't a salary cap Noah would have been in Miami if they wanted him. It's like soccer, Barca and Real Madrid get every player they want or baseball with the Yankees. Noah isn't in Chicago because he's loyal or some dumb shit like that. Let's be real, he's there because they are a good team, in a good city and they are the team that can offer him the most money.
You don't know your own team's players, heck you don't even know what your team is, so I will excuse you for not being aware of Noah's hatred for the Heat and Lebron in particular. He would shave his head before pissing in Miami's locker room, let alone join them.
pegasus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 10:39 PM   #82
buddha
dude, where's my shaq?

buddha is starting to rub some people the wrong way

LOL

Fukk Boston, Ray Allen wasn't drafted by the Celtics. Ray was traded to the Celtics, then disrespected. Benched for the great Avery Bradley. Ray owes his allegiance to Seattle, he joined to Heat so he could fukk wit clay bennett.

Bunch of fukkin fans thinking these professional athletes owe a god damn city anything is beyond hilarious. bunch of conditioned nationalistic fukkin knuckleheads.
buddha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 10:45 PM   #83
gin17
High School JV MVP

gin17 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by shady6121
How b*tchmade is he for joining the Heat because the Celtics couldn't beat them? If he had no rings it would've been understandable, but he had already won one with the Celtics in 2008.

"If you can't beat them, join them".
if that's what you think, then how much bigger of a b*tch lebron is

also, the reason is mostly because of issues with rondo and the team wanting to trade him. if the team is not loyal to him and treating him well, then why should he.
gin17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 10:47 PM   #84
SIRI1

SIRI1 has decent reputationSIRI1 has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killbot
Only Allen knows, but we can speculate and those three are part of it.

Other possibilities:
-Declining usage with less plays run through Allen. He wanted some plays added (like in the post against a mismatch), but Doc stuck with the same system with Rondo having the ball and Ray being the decoy
-Unknown future direction of the Celtics. This kind of coincides with trade rumors. Are the Celtics going to blow up or are they going to fight it out?
-Heat showed more interest in getting Allen's services than Celtics. Pat Riley persuaded him on how they are going to use Allen and how Allen can make an impact
-Golf course
-Warm
-He felt hospitals in Miami took just as much care for his son as in Boston
-Contract situation. Every Celtics player from free agency seem to have 3 years. He gets 2 with less money.
-It's best for his family. I think his mom has a house in Orlando.
The Celtics had also signed Jason Terry while Ray was deciding what to do. Probably didnt help matters in terms of not knowing what his role would be.
SIRI1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 10:51 PM   #85
ripthekik
GIVEN NOT EARNED

ripthekik has an OK reputation so far

In fact, none of the Heat are to be respected really. They got the next 2 championships locked up, yet not an ounce of respect gained.
ripthekik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 10:56 PM   #86
Mr. NBA
I hit open layups

Mr. NBA has an OK reputation so far

Memphis offered him more than Miami. If he really cared about a role, he wouldnt have went to Miami. His decision to join Miami was made up before he was even a free agent.
Mr. NBA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 11:04 PM   #87
PJR
College superstar

PJR has a terrific reputationPJR has a terrific reputationPJR has a terrific reputationPJR has a terrific reputationPJR has a terrific reputationPJR has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. NBA
Memphis offered him more than Miami.

No they didn't. The Grizzlies were pressed up against the tax threshold, and only had the tax payers mid-level at their disposal, same as Miami.
PJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 04:11 PM   #88
theesquireof212
Can barely lace up my sneakers

theesquireof212 has an OK reputation so far

I lost most of my respect for him long before joining the Heat. His btchmade comments directed at Kobe when Allen was with Seattle caused me to detest him. And he's a UConn guy, so it takes a lot for me to turn on a former Husky.
theesquireof212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 05:19 PM   #89
DJ Leon Smith
Shutting down your thread with knowledge and intelligence

DJ Leon Smith has decent reputationDJ Leon Smith has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by theesquireof212
I lost most of my respect for him long before joining the Heat. His btchmade comments directed at Kobe when Allen was with Seattle caused me to detest him. And he's a UConn guy, so it takes a lot for me to turn on a former Husky.

His comments about Kobe then were 100% correct. Please quote them here to show how foolish your statement is.
DJ Leon Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 05:35 PM   #90
Killbot
KillImpaleLiquefyLynch

Killbot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKillbot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKillbot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKillbot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKillbot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKillbot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKillbot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKillbot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKillbot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKillbot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKillbot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by theesquireof212

How are the comments bitchmade? It was how he perceived Kobe, and his statements were justified considering A) he played against Kobe and B) it happened to be true.
Killbot is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: