Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 04-16-2013, 04:13 PM   #1
TheBigAristotle1
Serious playground baller

TheBigAristotle1 has an OK reputation so far
Default Overrated Players Part I: Tyreke Evans

Not effecient, can't shoot, not an elite athlete, mediocre defender. Basically a mediocre player with mediocre stats and limited upside. Still, some team is going to give him a fat contract based on his talent, am I the only one who doesn't get it?

The only (positive) things that stick out about Evans are his size and ball handling skills. What really sticks out is his terrible jumpshot and ball dominance. It will be really hard to build a team around a shooting gaurd who can't shoot and needs the ball in his hands to be effective. It would be one thing if he had elite talent like Dwayne Wade, but he doesn't. What's so great about a square peg with limited upside?
TheBigAristotle1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 04:14 PM   #2
daj0264
I am a love machine

daj0264 has no real reputation yet.
Default Re: Overrated Players Part I: Tyreke Evans

Lebron. Cant win on his own, needed to become wades bitch to win 1 ring.
daj0264 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 04:15 PM   #3
Jlamb47
Local High School Star

Jlamb47 has no real reputation yet.

Rudy Gay is overrated IMO
Jlamb47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 04:17 PM   #4
OldSkoolball#52
Banned

OldSkoolball#52 has a very bad reputationOldSkoolball#52 has a very bad reputationOldSkoolball#52 has a very bad reputationOldSkoolball#52 has a very bad reputationOldSkoolball#52 has a very bad reputation

Youre about 3 years too late in calling Tyreke Evans overrated.

Nobody rates him high anymore.
OldSkoolball#52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 04:23 PM   #5
TheBigAristotle1

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldSkoolball#52
Youre about 3 years too late in calling Tyreke Evans overrated.

Nobody rates him high anymore.

Except for GM's. I garuntee some GM will hand him a big contract based on his "upside." While I could see Tyreke turning into a borderline allstar, if he really worked on his game, he could just as easily be a total bust and out of the league in a few years.
Old 04-16-2013, 04:28 PM   #6
D.J.
College superstar

D.J. has a terrific reputationD.J. has a terrific reputationD.J. has a terrific reputationD.J. has a terrific reputationD.J. has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBigAristotle1
Except for GM's. I garuntee some GM will hand him a big contract based on his "upside." While I could see Tyreke turning into a borderline allstar, if he really worked on his game, he could just as easily be a total bust and out of the league in a few years.

I don't doubt the bust part, but his natural talent alone will keep him in the league. Even now, he's still averaging 15/4/4. But it's sad because he was at 20/6/5 as a rookie just 3 years ago.
D.J. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 04:29 PM   #7
TheReal Kendall
Love Live Life

TheReal Kendall is starting to rub some people the wrong wayTheReal Kendall is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBigAristotle1
Not effecient, can't shoot, not an elite athlete, mediocre defender. Basically a mediocre player with mediocre stats and limited upside. Still, some team is going to give him a fat contract based on his talent, am I the only one who doesn't get it?

The only (positive) things that stick out about Evans are his size and ball handling skills. What really sticks out is his terrible jumpshot and ball dominance. It will be really hard to build a team around a shooting gaurd who can't shoot and needs the ball in his hands to be effective. It would be one thing if he had elite talent like Dwayne Wade, but he doesn't. What's so great about a square peg with limited upside?

Really all he need to do is work on his shot and getting teammates involved more. Oh and play better d. Plus he is still young so the book hasn't closed on him yet
TheReal Kendall is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 04:32 PM   #8
selrahc
Local High School Star

selrahc has one of the lowest reputations on this boardselrahc has one of the lowest reputations on this boardselrahc has one of the lowest reputations on this boardselrahc has one of the lowest reputations on this boardselrahc has one of the lowest reputations on this boardselrahc has one of the lowest reputations on this boardselrahc has one of the lowest reputations on this board

Overrated Players Part II: Lebron

Cannot win without joining two other top 10 players in the league. Always chokes in the fourth quarter.
selrahc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 04:43 PM   #9
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Tyreke Evans isn't rated high by many...

I think Wade is overrated...one first ring with major help from refs and Shaq sucking up attention to the inside...second ring won with dream team...he's also very injury prone

Wade is a great player don't get me wrong but most rate him higher than he should be rated...
-p.tiddy- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 05:00 PM   #10
TheBigAristotle1

Quote:
Originally Posted by D.J.
I don't doubt the bust part, but his natural talent alone will keep him in the league. Even now, he's still averaging 15/4/4. But it's sad because he was at 20/6/5 as a rookie just 3 years ago.

He was never very effecient, or as effecient as you'd like. His main problem has always been that he's a square peg fitting in a round hole. In the modern NBA you want to have three guys who can hit the three on the court, at all times. You can get away with having two shooters on the court, but it's a sacrifice.

If were talking a Michael Jordan/Dwayne Wade, level talent you can live with it, but Tyreke Evans isn't on that level. Besides, both those guys had very good midrange jumpshots and Wade is great at cutting and moving off the ball. Tyreke Evans has elite or near elite finishing and ball handling skills, but no midrange jumpshot and little slashing ability. Realistically, if his career worked out he could be a solid sixth man on a good team.

If he really worked on his game and developed a jumpshot, and slashing skills off the ball; he could be a fringe allstar, but that's a gamble. You don't hand out fat contracts to guys who *might* become allstars.
Old 04-16-2013, 05:02 PM   #11
IncarceratedBob
loyal 2 the truth

IncarceratedBob is considered somewhat coolIncarceratedBob is considered somewhat cool

Tyreke is just a poor mans LeBron with a better jumper.

He's not as strong, nowhere near a pass with weak vision.
IncarceratedBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 05:32 PM   #12
LosScandalous
#Cadillactica

LosScandalous has an OK reputation so far

Getting your number 1 spot taken by pizza boy and DMC ....... yes he's very overrated
LosScandalous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 05:40 PM   #13
DukeDelonte13
NBA sixth man of the year

DukeDelonte13 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDukeDelonte13 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDukeDelonte13 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDukeDelonte13 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDukeDelonte13 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDukeDelonte13 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDukeDelonte13 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDukeDelonte13 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Who in the world even talks about reke other to say how he hasn't been as good since his rookie season?
DukeDelonte13 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 06:02 PM   #14
Miles and Miles
High School JV MVP

Miles and Miles has an OK reputation so far

Not sure how he's overrated? I don't think anyone thinks he is any good anymore so not sure how that's "overrated". Everyone has exposed the fact that he is one-dimensional. I agree that he's not even rated anymore. One major problem that he has (and I have watched all his games this year) is that he just isn't a smart player. No basketball IQ unfortunately.
Miles and Miles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 06:07 PM   #15
Levity
Dale, you giblet head!

Levity has an incredible reputation hereLevity has an incredible reputation hereLevity has an incredible reputation hereLevity has an incredible reputation hereLevity has an incredible reputation hereLevity has an incredible reputation hereLevity has an incredible reputation here

I think the fact that you made a thread calling Evans overrated is overrating him considering the fact he hasnt been on anyone's radar in years. So i believe youre the sole culprit in overrating evans. and truthfully, when he was healthy this season, he put up some of his nicest games to this point in his career.
Levity is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: