Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 04-16-2013, 07:25 PM   #16
Kiddlovesnets
7-time NBA All-Star

Default Re: Byron Scott to be fired after season?

Hes a great coach, so unfortunate to be with a shitty team. Its not like anyone can lead the Cavs to 30-40 wins unless his name is Gregg Popovich. Hes by far the best coach Nets ever had, those golden days.
Kiddlovesnets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 07:36 PM   #17
MisterAmazing
Good High School Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReturn
I don't mind the bolded part at all.

phil jackson would do that, sans the ping pong ball part
MisterAmazing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 09:41 PM   #18
sixer6ad
Local High School Star

This is another tough and HUGE decision for this franchise. Quite honestly, we are teetering as a franchise right now.

We sign 0 free agents and cannot keep our stars signed, and...
When people play here, there's a paranoia about "where they'll go next".
We've had two major stars in our last 10 years and will end up losing both of them, because there's no way Kyrie stays for this.

I'm not saying this as a negative fan. As someone who has faithfully supported them for nearly 35 years, I've earned the right to state the truth.

We hear all the time about how much the players love Byron. If that's the case, then he simply needs to stay and this should be pinned on management. If that's not the case, then make the switch. I've never seen one human talk so much about defense and then watch his teams do absolutely nothing defensively for 3 years.

There's an old saying that applies to Byron: If it is seen on film, it is either taught or allowed. It's up to management to decide if injuries and a lack of talent has caused this or if Byron is overrated. I will not care if leaves, but only if we get a coach in return who will be more effective. I'm tied to the Cavs and will be for life; I'm not tied to Byron.

We either need an LBJ return or we need to make a HUGE coaching splash. Without one or both, this will go nowhere. People talk all of the time about our young talent. I've seen plenty of young talent in this league who plays with more passion and intent than our crew. We are believing in them not because their future is so bright, but out of our desperation for a winner.
sixer6ad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 10:33 PM   #19
treadster
High School Starter

come to charlotte, it's basically the same team with shittier talent.
treadster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 10:48 PM   #20
b0bab0i
National High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by KyrieTheFuture
Personally I agree with that mindset to some degree. Also, the Lakers aren't getting a new coach there's no way they pay for 3 at once. Who do the cavs plan on hiring now? SVG?
Clippers were looking at getting SVG, I wish we would get JVG tho.
b0bab0i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 11:18 PM   #21
MeLO MvP 15
Knicks 2013 Champions

I always thought he was a bad coach, he seemed like he's the perfect top assistant. He keeps getting hired because teams think of him as a "player's coach" (not just because he was an NBA player, many former players are player's coaches), but he's really just not a good coach. I think Cleveland hired him to try to get LeBron to stay IIRC.

Sucks for Chris Paul. He had to put up with Scott for a while and now he's got a very similar (in a bad way) coach in Del Negro. At least Irving probably will get a good coach soon (I wouldn't be surprised to see Cleveland get someone really good). I know he's supposedly staying with the 76ers beyond coaching, but Collins would be great for Cleveland IMO. Other names: Stan Van Gundy, Mike Budenholzer (SA assistant), and Alvin Gentry.
MeLO MvP 15 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: