Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 04-16-2013, 10:17 AM   #1
DukeDelonte13
NBA sixth man of the year

DukeDelonte13 has an incredible reputation hereDukeDelonte13 has an incredible reputation hereDukeDelonte13 has an incredible reputation hereDukeDelonte13 has an incredible reputation hereDukeDelonte13 has an incredible reputation hereDukeDelonte13 has an incredible reputation hereDukeDelonte13 has an incredible reputation hereDukeDelonte13 has an incredible reputation here
Default Byron Scott to be fired after season?

http://www.fearthesword.com/2013/4/1...avaliers-coach

Personally i have mixed feelings about this. He did a very good job of managing the development of the core players, yet defense is non existent, cavs can't hold on to leads, and I don't think anybody has actually witnessed his "princeton offense" ran the way its supposed to be.

I've heard Byron refused to call time outs during some of those 20 point giveaways because he did not want to bail his youngsters out and wanted them to learn how to deal with the situation on their own in a season where ping pong balls are more important than wins.

Anyways if this happens, Lakers meet your new head coach.
DukeDelonte13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 10:20 AM   #2
KyrieTheFuture
College superstar

KyrieTheFuture has a terrific reputationKyrieTheFuture has a terrific reputationKyrieTheFuture has a terrific reputationKyrieTheFuture has a terrific reputationKyrieTheFuture has a terrific reputationKyrieTheFuture has a terrific reputation
Default Re: Byron Scott to be fired after season?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DukeDelonte13

Personally i have mixed feelings about this. He did a very good job of managing the development of the core players, yet defense is non existent, cavs can't hold on to leads, and I don't think anybody has actually witnessed his "princeton offense" ran the way its supposed to be.

I've heard Byron refused to call time outs during some of those 20 point giveaways because he did not want to bail his youngsters out and wanted them to learn how to deal with the situation on their own in a season where ping pong balls are more important than wins.

Personally I agree with that mindset to some degree. Also, the Lakers aren't getting a new coach there's no way they pay for 3 at once. Who do the cavs plan on hiring now? SVG?
KyrieTheFuture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 10:27 AM   #3
andremiller07
#QuincyAcy Fan

andremiller07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandremiller07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandremiller07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandremiller07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandremiller07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandremiller07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandremiller07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandremiller07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

We will welcome him with open arms to Sacramento
andremiller07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 10:34 AM   #4
TheReturn
Rnbizzle 2.0

TheReturn is a pretty well-respected posterTheReturn is a pretty well-respected posterTheReturn is a pretty well-respected posterTheReturn is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:

I don't mind the bolded part at all.
TheReturn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 12:43 PM   #5
DukeDelonte13

DukeDelonte13 has an incredible reputation hereDukeDelonte13 has an incredible reputation hereDukeDelonte13 has an incredible reputation hereDukeDelonte13 has an incredible reputation hereDukeDelonte13 has an incredible reputation hereDukeDelonte13 has an incredible reputation hereDukeDelonte13 has an incredible reputation hereDukeDelonte13 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by KyrieTheFuture
Personally I agree with that mindset to some degree. Also, the Lakers aren't getting a new coach there's no way they pay for 3 at once. Who do the cavs plan on hiring now? SVG?

hey may not immediately be signed up with the lakers but I feel like its almost a certainty that that will be his next destination in some capacity. D'antoni is just not the guy for the lakers, (or IMO any NBA team for that matter). Byron is still very close with the organization.
Old 04-16-2013, 01:42 PM   #6
Burgz V2
Decent college freshman

Burgz V2 is a pretty well-respected posterBurgz V2 is a pretty well-respected posterBurgz V2 is a pretty well-respected poster

well it comes with the territory of coaching a bad team. Comparable to Lawrence Frank in DET. he's not a bad coach, but there will always be uncertainty in terms of their job security.

I will say that I thought the Cavs would have been much better this season, even with the injuries they had. They're in a pretty weak division, yet still only have 3 divisional wins. Tanking this season and getting a top 5 pick is still a great consolation prize, but even if Scott survives this, if they don't make the playoffs next year after all this losing will be lights out for him.
Burgz V2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 01:52 PM   #7
NattyPButter
7/11/14 We Witness

NattyPButter has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by andremiller07
We will welcome him with open arms to Sacramento

and you will want his head after you see his coaching. Putting your star player in with 5 mins left on the clock in the 4th qt. Having 2-3 time outs left over by the end of game. Horrible game management and rotations. I hope he's gone. The team is so horrible to watch that league pass and the local station at my parent's house didn't even show their game last night.
NattyPButter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 02:30 PM   #8
DukeDelonte13

Quote:
Originally Posted by NattyPButter
and you will want his head after you see his coaching. Putting your star player in with 5 mins left on the clock in the 4th qt. Having 2-3 time outs left over by the end of game. Horrible game management and rotations. I hope he's gone. The team is so horrible to watch that league pass and the local station at my parent's house didn't even show their game last night.

catch 22 here. Byron is part of the cavs rebuild. Byron is not trying to win games, he's been trying to teach lessons. I don't think anybody expected the cavs to make the playoffs this year, and in the NBA, if your aren't making the playoffs, I'd much rather be picking in the top 5. Losing sucks. But i'd rather endure 3 losing seasons (one of which after the equivalent of basketball armageddon) with a shot to contend then a decade of mediocrity.
Old 04-16-2013, 04:04 PM   #9
jbryan1984
Good college starter

jbryan1984 is considered somewhat cooljbryan1984 is considered somewhat cool

I expect him to stay. I think he was the coach we needed in the LeBron era too. Cavs are about ready to take off. Kyrie next year, I think can be the best point guard in the league not named Chris Paul. Tristan is a double double machine. Andy (when healthy), Waiters, Zeller and we have cap room and another lottery pick. If everyone can stay healthy, I think we make the playoffs next year. Kyrie's ceiling is so high. I think he can be a player along the lines of Allen Iverson.
jbryan1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 04:06 PM   #10
daj0264
I am a love machine

daj0264 has no real reputation yet.

Lebrons fault.
daj0264 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 04:13 PM   #11
Nick Young
WE THE PEOPLE

Nick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this board

Byron Scott to be LA's new coach! IT IS DESTINY
Nick Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 04:14 PM   #12
Levity
Dale, you giblet head!

Levity has an incredible reputation hereLevity has an incredible reputation hereLevity has an incredible reputation hereLevity has an incredible reputation hereLevity has an incredible reputation hereLevity has an incredible reputation hereLevity has an incredible reputation here

remember when kyrie was out, and scott said his whole team played like shit, sans andy v. not verbatim, but still, it was a pretty funny video.
Levity is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 04:16 PM   #13
D.J.
College superstar

D.J. has a terrific reputationD.J. has a terrific reputationD.J. has a terrific reputationD.J. has a terrific reputationD.J. has a terrific reputation

Quote:
I've heard Byron refused to call time outs.

He did that all the time when coaching the Nets. The opposition would be on a 10-2 run and he'd still let them play. Then you blink and that 10-2 run is 16-4 and you're 20 point lead is down to 8.
D.J. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 04:42 PM   #14
DukeDelonte13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levity
remember when kyrie was out, and scott said his whole team played like shit, sans andy v. not verbatim, but still, it was a pretty funny video.

I think it was "everybody sucked tonight except Andy"
Old 04-16-2013, 06:02 PM   #15
Miles and Miles
High School JV MVP

Miles and Miles has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by NattyPButter

You must not have seen what we deal with in coaching in Sacramento this year.
Miles and Miles is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: