Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 04-16-2013, 11:39 AM   #16
Heavincent
5-time NBA All-Star

Heavincent is a pretty well-respected posterHeavincent is a pretty well-respected posterHeavincent is a pretty well-respected posterHeavincent is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: Tony allen - Avery bradley - Thabo sefolosha - Iman Shumpert.

I think Thabo is the best out of all these guys. Him and Allen are pretty much equal defensively, but Thabo is a 40% 3 pt shooter while Allen can't shoot at all, so Thabo actually stretches the floor.
Heavincent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 11:54 AM   #17
andremiller07
#QuincyAcy Fan

andremiller07 has an incredible reputation hereandremiller07 has an incredible reputation hereandremiller07 has an incredible reputation hereandremiller07 has an incredible reputation hereandremiller07 has an incredible reputation hereandremiller07 has an incredible reputation hereandremiller07 has an incredible reputation hereandremiller07 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavincent
I think Thabo is the best out of all these guys. Him and Allen are pretty much equal defensively, but Thabo is a 40% 3 pt shooter while Allen can't shoot at all, so Thabo actually stretches the floor.

Allen is a far more explosive athlete, moves better without the ball for open layups, better at attacking the tin of the bounce and finishing on the break to, spacing the floor is only one part of offense. I just prefer Allen but I guess he wouldn't be as good a fit on the Thunder as Thabo is.

I always get the feeling Thabo could be doing more all the time, does anyone else get that? He showed at times with the Bulls when I first saw him that he had a craftiness to him with some of his ball handling/passing but its kinda been taken away (rightfully so with Durrant and RW there), I thought he was going to be something like Doug Chrisite but imo hes not close to what I thought he would be, still good tho.

Last edited by andremiller07 : 04-16-2013 at 11:57 AM.
andremiller07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 12:06 PM   #18
Electric Slide
Banned

Electric Slide is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Thabo
Shump
Bradley
Allen

Bradley is an overrated defender and Allen is bad offensively.

Thabo and Shump are good offensive players along with solid defenders and that is why they are the two best.

Shump is the worst defender of the group though.
Electric Slide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 12:14 PM   #19
dannywpt
Analyst and therapist

dannywpt is considered somewhat cooldannywpt is considered somewhat cooldannywpt is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by andremiller07
Allen is a far more explosive athlete, moves better without the ball for open layups, better at attacking the tin of the bounce and finishing on the break to, spacing the floor is only one part of offense. I just prefer Allen but I guess he wouldn't be as good a fit on the Thunder as Thabo is.

I always get the feeling Thabo could be doing more all the time, does anyone else get that? He showed at times with the Bulls when I first saw him that he had a craftiness to him with some of his ball handling/passing but its kinda been taken away (rightfully so with Durrant and RW there), I thought he was going to be something like Doug Chrisite but imo hes not close to what I thought he would be, still good tho.

I agree with you there. I always cheer a little extra when Sefolosha shows off something good, mainly because he's for the most part overlooked by opposing fans/broadcasters.
dannywpt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 01:44 PM   #20
WWRWestbrookDo?
GOATbrook Activated

WWRWestbrookDo? has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by waseem780
Rank them in order of the best player.
why isn't paul george in the conversation
WWRWestbrookDo? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 01:46 PM   #21
DuMa
Canned

DuMa has a terrific reputationDuMa has a terrific reputationDuMa has a terrific reputationDuMa has a terrific reputationDuMa has a terrific reputation

Thabo > Allen > Bradley > Shump
DuMa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 01:54 PM   #22
waseem780
Joel Embiid NextGreatC

waseem780 has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by WWRWestbrookDo?
why isn't paul george in the conversation
because I already know about him.
waseem780 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 02:18 PM   #23
Element
It's ugly ass B.Walton

Element has decent reputation

George is a better defender and offensive player than any of them

Of course he could only contain Gawdbe for 40 points on the highest TS% of the entire Lakers team but otherwise he's been solid
Element is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 02:20 PM   #24
Twiens
lakers/raptors

Twiens is a pretty well-respected posterTwiens is a pretty well-respected posterTwiens is a pretty well-respected posterTwiens is a pretty well-respected poster

Same way as in the OP.

Allen, Bradley, Thabo, Shumpert
Twiens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 02:44 PM   #25
ProfessorMurder
I am your soldier!

ProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electric Slide
Bradley is an overrated defender

Oh that must be why multiple players this year, including all-star Jrue Holliday publicly asked Bradley to tone down his defense.
ProfessorMurder is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 02:58 PM   #26
Shade8780
GOATin

Shade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Best Overall Player: Bradley > Allen > Thabo > Shump

Best Defensive Player: Allen > Thabo > Bradley > Shump

Best Offensive Player: Shump > Bradley > Thabo > Allen

Last edited by Shade8780 : 04-16-2013 at 03:01 PM.
Shade8780 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 03:00 PM   #27
TheBigAristotle1
Serious playground baller

TheBigAristotle1 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shade8780
Best Overall Player: Bradley > Allen > Thabo > Shump

Best Defensive Player: Allen > Thabo > Bradley > Shump

Best Offensive Player: Shump > Bradley > Thabo > Allen

Shumps offense has always been very overrated.
TheBigAristotle1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 03:15 PM   #28
KG215
NBA Legend

KG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

While none of them are offensive juggernauts, seems to me people don't really watch Thunder games, or just completely ignore how dependable of an offensive player Thabo's turned into. Now, that may go away in the playoffs, but this season he's actually been a very reliable offensive player. Especially for a 5th or 6th option type player. Sure, 8 PPG looks pretty modest, but like I pointed out, that's on a team where he's clearly the 5th offensive option. Obviously he's not someone you want to ever rely on being a top 3 offensive option, but my point stands.

He's averaging 7.6 PPG on 48/41/83 shooting, and that 41% 3P is on 3.2 attempts per game. He's had games of 28, 20, and 18 points this year, and 5 games where he's made 4+ three-pointers. As an offensive player I think he tends to get really overlooked and underrated. Granted, most of his offensive game is open spot-up 3's, but he's good in transition, and pretty good at finishing in traffic on the rare occasion he takes his man off the bounce.

Defensively, it's tough to say. I'd say Tony Allen is the best of the four, though. I don't watch enough Celtics, Knicks, and Grizziles games to say this with confidence, but I think Thabo is probably the best off-ball defender of the group, but Tony Allen and Avery Bradley are probably a little better as all-around defenders. Despite being 6'7" and really long, Thabo tends to struggle with bigger guards/wings. He's done his best work over the last few years on the smaller guards, and the better PG's in particular.

Last edited by KG215 : 04-16-2013 at 03:18 PM.
KG215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 03:56 PM   #29
ProfessorMurder
I am your soldier!

ProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

^ Bradley and Tony Allen average more ppg than Thabo, while being the 4th or 5th options on the team like Thabo. Thabo is more efficient, but Bradley has also had to play PG with Rondo gone so he's playing out of position which is skewing his percentages down a bit.

Thabo is the best shooter, Bradley is the best passer, and Allen is the best cutter. Offense is kind of a wash.

I'd say Allen is the best man defender with Bradley right behind him. Bradley puts on much more pressure than Allen, but isn't as strong.

As overall rankings go I'd put it:

Tony Allen > Bradley > Thabo >>> Shumpert
ProfessorMurder is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 03:58 PM   #30
Patrick Chewing
Knicks fan since 1981

Patrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

In Shumpert's defense, his knee injury has set him back some. He's very timid out there at times, but I think he can be a force on offense. He's got great handles and quickness to the basket.
Patrick Chewing is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: